TRVSH BRVTHRVN / STRVVT RVTZ

Moderator: Ghost Hip

TRVSH BRVTHRVN / STRVVT RVTZ

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:13 am

TRVSH MANIFESTO 777
ibarakishi wrote:trash guitars are by far the best investment you can make. $harkToootth and Olin already know my thoughts about this though. my 70 USD peavey raptor was my first guitar and by far the best which i still have today. second best is my current squire bullet strat i got for about 100 USD. the peavey guitar for me is one of my few 'either someone is going to have to steal this out of my dead cold hands or the government is going to have to forcefully remove it from my possession while im thrown in jail before this leaves my life' items in my life. So long as it feels good, you can throw in whatever pickups you want to get it to sound good too and do what you want it to do. doesn't matter if you tour, record, play at home, etc. Your life is so much easier at the end of the day if you just embrace #trashlife and throw away all hope of embracing social standards while your body slowly absorbs the juice and smells of the bottom of the garbage can that is your life.

#trashlife
#trashbrothers
#trashislife
#trashtag
#streetrats

Gone Fission wrote:[Getting back on track with the digression because this is ILF:]

friendship wrote:Well-said. Trash is for life; trash is forever. My only real problem with them is that the necks aren't ideal but it's not like I don't have fun playing them, so who gives a shit really? Plus I wouldn't get much for them, so the utility outweighs the benefit of selling them.

Time to displace this consumer impulse into needlessly researching replacement pickups! :idea:

I like the neck on my Godin a ton more than the one on my Fernandes LE-X. The Fernandes gets more play time because I paid $80 for it and don’t care if it gets dinged. It took a fall last year and got gouged, and I shrugged it off.

Never mind pickups. What about strings? I kind of want enough of a gaggle to string all differently for different sounds and feels, much less tunings. Flats, rounds, nickel, steel, slinky, fat, and at least one Nashville strung electric.

Well said brvthrvn. #trashbrothers.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: TRVSH BRVTHRVN / STRVVT RVTZ

Postby Olin » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:22 am

I wipe my cat on the bottom of the pedals deliberately so that more animal hair sticks to them. Open up the enclosures to blow cigarette smoke into them. Sometimes I break knobs for no reason except so that I can turn the raw metal spine instead.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:53 pm

Olin wrote:I wipe my cat on the bottom of the pedals deliberately so that more animal hair sticks to them. Open up the enclosures to blow cigarette smoke into them. Sometimes I break knobs for no reason except so that I can turn the raw metal spine instead.

all happening while either naked or with only underwear on that hasn't been changed in days because why would you care about a piece of clothing that nobody sees except you or knows except you and said cat anyways, because that is the slow spiral life has become ...
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:12 pm

And a cowboy hat.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:42 pm

Pry open the back of a Crate BX15 practice amp and shit into it to get that brown sound.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:10 pm

I've got a late-80s Squier II strat that I've had since the mid-90s. I don't play it. What can I do to trash it out?
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:27 pm

The me from ago ago would have been all into this. I use to love cheap guitars and broken guitars.. I still have a bunch of them... my favorite thing is that you just don't care about not drilling holes in the headstock for more strings :thumb:
NSFW: show
IMGP2215.jpg

$75.00 fernandes vertigo :rock:

But.. I'm sorry to say that for playing things I care about a nice guitar is nice, not a expensive one but nice so I doubt I will be accumulating any more cheap instruments :idk:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:13 pm

It's about growing. It makes sense. As the poet T. REX once said, "One day we turned from children into people."
You will always be the TRVSH BRVTHRVN.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby adamajah » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:21 pm

I need more TR4SH in my life
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby Olin » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:50 pm

Do any of the trash brethren know anyone who makes Rickenbacker 620 clones? Some cheap janky one that I can fuck around with rather than a $2000 I'll only fuck up?
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:16 pm

Olin wrote:Do any of the trash brethren know anyone who makes Rickenbacker 620 clones? Some cheap janky one that I can fuck around with rather than a $2000 I'll only fuck up?

Closest thing is DHGate but there are no straight up 620 bodies.

There was this other brand I can't seem to find... you would have HATED the look of it. I am seeking it out just to get your reaction!
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:21 pm

:lol: FISHBONE!!! That said, I bet if you put in an offer for $300 they would take it.
https://reverb.com/item/2341425-fishbon ... e-an-offer
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:34 pm

Boy oh boy does that ever look like a weird shark. That thing looks like it'd be too much of a headache to do anything to lol. I'll give it a 3/10 total and don't think I could bring myself to pay any money for it, not even in the land of trash.

Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:28 am

555555 its funny that they are all 12 strings too on reverb for that model shape, such a bizarre brand
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby friendship » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:39 pm

I have this First Act telecaster-like thing my friend gave me and it's as fun to play as it is hideous to behold. This is what it looks like:

sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to Guitar and Bass