POLYGRACE ROLL CALL

Moderator: smallsnd/bigsnd

POLYGRACE ROLL CALL

Postby amnesiac305 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:42 pm

I was wondering what has happened to the 20 or so Polygrace fuzzes out in the wild and how many could be accounted for around ILF. I remember an old photo that had all the back plates in one shot alas I could not find. Here is a call to these great fuzzes..

Excellent Transactions: monkeydancer, dorfmeister, Rygot, bronzetalon, PumpkinPieces, Wes Mantooth, Deltaphoenix, Blooghost, Fuzz_Pi, Neanderthal Head, lordgalvar
amnesiac305

experienced
experienced

Re: POLYGRACE ROLL CALL

Postby oldangelmidnight » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:41 pm

I was the original owner of #7! I traded it to Jwar aeons ago.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:50 pm

I haz a sad.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:24 am

Dandolin wrote:I haz a sad.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:26 am

"The smallsound/bigsound I Haz A Sad is a mystery fuzz pedal with highly interactive controls that can create a variety of damaged sounds. Easily achievable “tame” fuzz tones give way to unpredictable sonic behaivior with the flick of a switch or the twist of a knob: heavy psych bass fuzz tones, shoegaze textures, volume swells, octave jumping, weird gurgles and buzzsaw sustain…

For the technically-minded, the I Haz A Sad is an interesting pedal; it contains a bypass-able transistor fuzz section, a unique IC fuzz section as the heart of the circuit and a push-pull output stage with selectable voltage – making it a mini-amplifier in itself that will power a speaker! Plug it into a 4 or 8 ohm speaker cab for amplification from speaking to shouting volume suitable for studio recording or just playing at home and haz your sad. The circuit reacts slightly differently whether being used as a speaker driver or as a pedal… so experiment!

The original idea behind the I Haz A Sad was to build a small run of pedals which could be used by anyone – musicians and non-musicians alike; and to crush the GASeous souls of the non-diligent and disloyal. Dandolin, I'm looking at you. I looked in the direction of the super fun Cracklebox (designed by Michael Waisvisz and built by Steim) for inspiration and though the end result will have little value to the non-musician… this is the result of those explorations.

This is a very limited run of 20 being offered as a pre-order package for the upcoming Cymbals Eat Guitars (my band) release of Lenses Alien from Barsuk Records, thus creating a dream-crushing ratio of desirability to unavailability that will haunt the fuzzdreams of ILFians forever."

It was all there to be seen for those who cared to see it; why couldn't I read the signs?
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby amnesiac305 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:30 am

oldangelmidnight wrote:I was the original owner of #7! I traded it to Jwar aeons ago.

I got it from Deltaphoenix around 3 years ago.
Excellent Transactions: monkeydancer, dorfmeister, Rygot, bronzetalon, PumpkinPieces, Wes Mantooth, Deltaphoenix, Blooghost, Fuzz_Pi, Neanderthal Head, lordgalvar
amnesiac305

experienced
experienced

Postby Jwar » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:26 pm

I had one twice! :( :( :(

I think that boner used to me mine.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby magiclawnchair » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:52 pm

ive got the lonesome cowboy penis. I named him Burt. :cool:
:flame:
"You sir, broke my speakers." - Jero
"I'll be the short-haired dummy headbanging like I've still got my old metal hair over in the corner." - jrmy
"And if you're going to sell something why not come and chat for a while... :( " - smile_man
"GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!!" - ST :animal:
http://soundcloud.com/magiclawnchair
http://www.youtube.com/user/MagicLawnChair
http://www.myspace.com/owlcambridge
shop http://fuzzhugger.com/fhfx.html today! :poke:
magiclawnchair

FUZZHEROSAURUS
FUZZHEROSAURUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:08 am

So I have a Polygrace on the way...:)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby magiclawnchair » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:26 am

Dibs on flip JWAR? :hug:
:flame:
"You sir, broke my speakers." - Jero
"I'll be the short-haired dummy headbanging like I've still got my old metal hair over in the corner." - jrmy
"And if you're going to sell something why not come and chat for a while... :( " - smile_man
"GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!!" - ST :animal:
http://soundcloud.com/magiclawnchair
http://www.youtube.com/user/MagicLawnChair
http://www.myspace.com/owlcambridge
shop http://fuzzhugger.com/fhfx.html today! :poke:
magiclawnchair

FUZZHEROSAURUS
FUZZHEROSAURUS

Postby Eric! » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:19 pm

Fuck you all
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:38 pm

You got dibs carrot man!!

Eric! Did you ever get to try one? I'd lone it to you sometime if you're interested.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Eric! » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:26 pm

Yeah I BOUGHT ONE WITH THE PREORDER. And had to wait forever and get in quibbles with slack-ass customer service peeps of the fulfillment business. And loved it hard.

But life fell apart and I got rid of everything and did that whole live-out-of-your-car-and-go-to-California thing, came back, settled down, and just rock a mini-gnomeratron.

This one hurts the worst to miss. More than Kirbychorus. ...maybe not dat 4545 tho
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:37 pm

I had one with the pre order too!! Fingers crossed its the same one!! Lol! Oh I just picked up a 4545 for a 100 bucks!! Lol! Stupid cheap!!

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby goosekevin » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:00 pm

jwar wrote:I had one with the pre order too!! Fingers crossed its the same one!! Lol! Oh I just picked up a 4545 for a 100 bucks!! Lol! Stupid cheap!!

damn! where are you finding these deals dude

dibs on 4545 :hug:
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to smallsound/bigsound