No Memory - Spill the beans! (UPDATE PAGE 7)

Moderator: smallsnd/bigsnd

Re: No Memory - Spill the beans! (UPDATE PAGE 7)

Postby untilshewokeme » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:50 am

My No Memory from Eivind should be here any day :!!!:

Its from the batch with issues but I don't mind playing with it until Brian figures out the issues. Plus I figure once I send it in for a fix I'll order a TAFM to have shipped back with it :thumb:
untilshewokeme

experienced
experienced

Postby Tristan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:30 am

Awesome, thanks Brian!
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby goroth » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:45 am

Bumping this Bri because I love you.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby univalve » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:45 pm

Bumping because ilf is a gay Club.
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eric! » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:08 pm

What the bump??
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:39 pm

Eric! wrote:What the bump??

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:yeah i'll keep you updated on it. i have it completely laid out and am going to order test boards while i'm gone so when i get back i can check them out immediately.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:24 pm

just posted this over in the "how can i contact you thread":

hey dudes. as usual when i go dark like this it's just hectic shit... not a good excuse for weak communication but it's just borderline impossible for me to keep on task.
i'm more or less the band's tour manager while we're on the road and in-between i've got lots of orders, some repairs, etc. i've also got some personal stuff that's taking up some of my time but again, you all have stuff going on as well and i am running a business which means this stuff is part of the deal.

so yeah. i'm really trying to make headway on the no memory stuff. no matter what, in one way or another i will help out anyone who had issues. i'll likely just ship out v2's to everyone who has had a problem when i sort them out. i had a proto board in that worked fine but just didn't sound the same since i changed around the way the modulation works so i'm back at the drawing board again while i'm on the road and should be able to order another proto so it will be there for me when i return.
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:55 am

Thanks for the update Brian!

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby ooop » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:48 pm

Agreed, thanks very much!!
ooop

committed
committed

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:59 pm

Makes sense. It's what I thought would be the reason behind too. But best to hear it from the horse's mouth...not that you're a horse, but....Yeah! I love mine when it's not acting up.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eric! » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:21 pm

So..there will be a surplus of wonky NMs??
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:48 pm

Wish I would have held onto mine now...
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Tristan » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Thanks for the info Brian! :thumb:

I'm curious, are you going to do something about the envelope and possibly the ability to dial it in as well?
In my experience the threshold before the modulation kicks in is pretty high (basically only triggers with full chords) and when it kicks in it gets crazy kinda fast.
I'm looking to get this half or whole note bend into the chords I play happening without the bend extending too much further after I've hit the chord, it would be nice to be able to fine adjust the less crazy settings better.

Also, I'd strongly prefer the expression input to work on the feedback and I think it would be cool if the wet volume is a bit lower so there's more range on the pot to dial it in before it gets really loud in relation to the dry volume on unity gain.

Just some observations you might find useful (or not of course, haha).
I still love the No Memory very much, gave up my big box DMM for it in the end! ;) :)
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:59 pm

Tristan wrote:Thanks for the info Brian! :thumb:

I'm curious, are you going to do something about the envelope and possibly the ability to dial it in as well?
In my experience the threshold before the modulation kicks in is pretty high (basically only triggers with full chords) and when it kicks in it gets crazy kinda fast.
I'm looking to get this half or whole note bend into the chords I play happening without the bend extending too much further after I've hit the chord, it would be nice to be able to fine adjust the less crazy settings better.

Also, I'd strongly prefer the expression input to work on the feedback and I think it would be cool if the wet volume is a bit lower so there's more range on the pot to dial it in before it gets really loud in relation to the dry volume on unity gain.

Just some observations you might find useful (or not of course, haha).
I still love the No Memory very much, gave up my big box DMM for it in the end! ;) :)

all noted. the threshold thing i'll investigate more but part of the charm of the way the modulation sounds is due in part to the crude simplicity of the envelope - also, it can be tricky to get something to work really well with low output vintage pickups, humbuckers and other pedals alike. the volume is not a problem at all and the expression controlled feedback is something i'll explore - it does make complete sense since the modulation already affects the time...
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:24 pm

True, I'm usually running a Strat with low output vintage single coil pickups and I really notice the threshold thing with that.
Happy that dropping the wet volume seems to be a less tricky tweak to do.
Exactly my thoughts on the feedback, since the modulation is already time driven you can get those time mangle type effects with the modulation switch or playing to the envelope so it would be cool to get some clouds going and making them disappear / reappear by tweaking the feedback, riding the waves so to speak. :D
Thanks again! :thumb:
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to smallsound/bigsound