Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Re: Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Postby mcatano » Wed May 04, 2022 10:54 am

The white stripboard is super cool, and that little daughterboard for the pcb-mount pots is a nice touch as well.
mcatano

committed
committed

Postby frodog » Wed May 04, 2022 6:23 pm

Thanks! Yeah those pots were the only B100Ks I had, so it had to be done that way, plus it made the power and ground connections a bit cleaner.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Velcro Bottom » Wed May 04, 2022 9:30 pm

Dig that finish.
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby frodog » Tue May 10, 2022 3:21 pm

Thank you! I had originally planned to just cover it in alcohol ink drips and call it a day, but got carried away and it turned into a week-long project. Also this was my last 1590B enclosure so gonna have to order more soon.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:30 pm

Here the works I did this weekend.
Top row are all Lastgasp Art Laboratories clones, built with Deadend FX PCBs: first a tweaked 88 (it's the third one I've built so far, first 2 being 1:1 stock, so for this one I changed 2/3 components to have a beefier sound and a different/wider oscillation range, no expression input and a 3 way diodes clipping switch Si-none-LEDs), Green Monster (I provided Dino the pictures to track this one, as I own the original, the clone sounds exactly like the original LAL, and the additional gain switch is very useful and expends all the rotten noises this pedal delivers), then a stock Octavella replica.
Bottom row are fuzz clones built with PedalPCB boards: left a EQD Black Ash (with few tweaks, like external pot for Q3 Bias, additional input Bass/Mass control borrowed from a Basic Audio schematic, and a Low/High gain switch on Q2) and right a Basic Audio Mutant Fuzz clone (all stock).

ADA8DDC7-CD0E-4471-8F30-04754AF3CC5A.jpeg
ADA8DDC7-CD0E-4471-8F30-04754AF3CC5A.jpeg (93.18 KiB) Viewed 743 times
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby qersty » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:45 pm

Well almost finished! Until I figure out where i put my dymo cartridges. IVP on Aion fx's board. I had this half done forever so feels great to have gotten it done finally.

This one is a slap in the face!
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to DIY Effects