Shitty EBM (Not EDM) - Derivative Core: Ur mellon is smellin

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Shitty EBM (Not EDM) - Derivative Core: Ur mellon is sme

Postby $harkToootth » Sun May 16, 2021 11:56 am

goroth wrote:What's EBM?

Could google but would rather ILF.

Electronic Body Music... it's like industrial music's funky brother, who has cool style, lots of friends, but also can't seem to figure out how to mail your Christmas present.
"Yeh U D S? FerdNex? What? I dunno... I'll just give it to you when I see you... yeah uh... I'll call you Wednesday."
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Mon May 17, 2021 8:02 pm

$harkToootth wrote:

Electronic Body Music... it's like industrial music's funky brother, who has cool style, lots of friends, but also can't seem to figure out how to mail your Christmas present.
"Yeh U D S? FerdNex? What? I dunno... I'll just give it to you when I see you... yeah uh... I'll call you Wednesday."

Yeah,, but if we are going to follow that road sign...

Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Tue May 18, 2021 3:24 am

$harkToootth wrote:

This makes... some... sense.

I think I don't know enough of the genre to really understand the differences. I put on some Front 242 and it kinda sounded like old industrial and a bit of gothy new wave darkwave whatever. Which I also know little about.

It reminded me of my old man buying a really nice bottle of red to celebrate my 21st and I was like "errr... I can see that it didn't come in a 4 liter box so um... it's good? I mean great?". So I'm just going to accept that Front 242 and the other bands mentioned in the thread are EBM and that is industrial's funky bro.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby qersty » Wed May 19, 2021 1:17 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:
$harkToootth wrote:

Yeah,, but if we are going to follow that road sign...

Thrill Kill Kult are awesome!

KMFDM before the guitars was funky as fuck too
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Thu May 27, 2021 6:30 pm

LET'S FACE IT! We're posting the classics now.
This is a great example when you just go with the bit. The director of this music video thought they were saying "Egg Hunter" and the band just went with it cause it's a bit.
FRONT 242 - Headhunter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1cRGVaJF7Y
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu May 27, 2021 6:35 pm

Sort of off topic but I realized my favorite music videos are ones of people just walking around whatever city... going up stairs and down stairs or just goofing off.

I thought this was Brooklyn at first but $harky Dumba$$ is probably wrong...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGHMS_zh0zM
This video is just excellent. They go up stairs. Down the stairs. And eventually wind up with a trucker that looks like me in about 15 years... but with a better hairline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9ml3nyww80
The guy from ARAB STRAP (thanks Olin) said this song should have been a massive hit and I whole heartedly agree. I think she walks a grand total of like 3 blocks in Williamsberg circa 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN39CQW3Tqw
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Thu May 27, 2021 6:37 pm

$harkToootth wrote:LET'S FACE IT! We're posting the classics now.

:lol: I don't think there is much of a choice.. there are just some eras that have such a strong sonic footprint that to move forward is to move beyond and to retreat end up cliché :trippy: :lol:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu May 27, 2021 6:39 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:

:lol: I don't think there is much of a choice.. there are just some eras that have such a strong sonic footprint that to move forward is to move beyond and to retreat end up cliché :trippy: :lol:

I agree. Which is why I don't mind "derivatives".

Industrial Goth also welcomed. This series has been consistently excellent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhYbtTPa1QA
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu May 27, 2021 6:40 pm

Tfw you mostly listen to the music you've been posting in this thread.. and you realize (YOU FACE IT!) you also own like 12 octave fuzzez.
I really question my pre-covid life choices these days.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Thu May 27, 2021 6:43 pm

$harkToootth wrote:Sort of off topic but I realized my favorite music videos are ones of people just walking around whatever city... going up stairs and down stairs or just goofing off.

:lol: :thumb: mmm i'd say my favorite is blurry/b&w band footage mixed with odd sock stuff.. like The World Keeps Turning or Meantime :idk:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu May 27, 2021 6:45 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:
$harkToootth wrote:Sort of off topic but I realized my favorite music videos are ones of people just walking around whatever city... going up stairs and down stairs or just goofing off.

:lol: :thumb: mmm i'd say my favorite is blurry/b&w band footage mixed with odd sock stuff.. like The World Keeps Turning or Meantime :idk:

This? I'm into it too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuSHgiZFVuI
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Thu May 27, 2021 6:47 pm

$harkToootth wrote:
Blackened Soul wrote:

I agree. Which is why I don't mind "derivatives".

Industrial Goth also welcomed. This series has been consistently excellent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhYbtTPa1QA

:thumb: I'll take a look at that.. Industrial Goth is always a big fave...

$harkToootth wrote:Tfw you mostly listen to the music you've been posting in this thread.. and you realize (YOU FACE IT!) you also own like 12 octave fuzzez.
I really question my pre-covid life choices these days.

:idk: meh... the world has aways sucked you gotta go with what seems like a good idea t the time when you can regardless...
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu May 27, 2021 6:47 pm

You know what fits in that category Blackened Soul? DEATH "Lack of Comprehension" music video. This is the song that got me into DEATH (watching Headbanger's Ball II as a kid). I love this music video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j8vUbMmOwM
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Thu May 27, 2021 6:49 pm

$harkToootth wrote:
Blackened Soul wrote:

This? I'm into it too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuSHgiZFVuI

:thumb: that video was life changing when I saw it at 13 on headbangers ball... it made everything seem like Winger.. :lol:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby qersty » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:17 am

just got back into this classic

still not over they made a dance tune :lol:
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext