· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Your band, other bands, singers, songwriters, more.
Post a reply

Re: What albums are you looking forward to 2021?

Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:52 pm

Holy shit, I missed new Darkside this year!?
https://darkside.bandcamp.com/album/spiral

Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:24 pm

MrNovember wrote:
cosmicevan wrote:
MrNovember wrote:King Gizz are absolute legends and I’d say they’re pretty ILF-y. I didn’t love Butterfly 3000, but I do love most of their million other records, especially their recent return to microtones

Different strokes indeed. Butterfly 3000 is one of the most perfect albums start to finish for me that I've heard...like...ever.

I’ll have to give it another listen. I didn’t dislike it, I just didn’t connect with it the same way I have with some of their other albums

So I’ve been revisiting Butterfly 3000 and it’s a pretty awesome album. Pretty sure I was still too deep in KG & LW when it came out to give it a fair shake. Really enjoying it now!

Also, did we talk about Black Country, New Road on here? I’ve been seeing them on a bunch of year end lists, so I checked them out. They’re pretty cool! Sound like a tighter, jazzier Black Midi

Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:32 am

Yeah I quite liked the album when it came out. Can't remember if I talked about it on here. Was initially resistant based on some of the hype I read that I didn't really agree with, but after a couple of spins of the album I had to conclude it is quite good.

Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:48 am

It just flows so beautifully as an album. It's also catchy AF and the sounds being used are so in the same space as my interests with sounds. I dig a lot of their other stuff, but 3000 spoke to me on a different level. I got tickets to see them when they come to NY next year -- I heard their show last night got cancelled because someone sick was at a show last week and exposed the staff so they had to shut the venue. Here's hoping this bump comes and goes quick.
Post a reply