What albums are you looking forward to 2021?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What albums are you looking forward to 2021?

Postby qersty » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:35 am

Skinny Puppy has some pretty cool leggings
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby retinal orbita » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:09 am

I feel like if a thrash band makes leggings they will be a very very very bad band.

Other genres I think it’s not so cut and dry…. Punk or grind they will probably be good?
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby the_bright_undead » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:23 pm

good dealings: laowiz, ianmarks, stomping stones, weebles, Errant Tiger, radish, themeanreds, K2000, Never
the_bright_undead

committed
committed

Postby ianmarks » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:33 pm

When looking to order the Container Ships cd stumbled upon this happy bit of news. I refuse to listen to any singles. It will rule. FIgured what the hell and snagged Grievances, too. Stoked!
Attachments
kwc-piecework-cover-0400.jpg
kwc-piecework-cover-0400.jpg (208.25 KiB) Viewed 2138 times
ianmarks

committed
committed

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:52 am

The singles are great. Definitely has a tentative spot in my "best of 2021" list. The cover reminds me of the album art popvulture did for me a few years ago (shoutout to that absolute legend).
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:44 pm

Can't wait for that one! I only got into this band embarrassingly recently but they're really damn good.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:31 am

Since the KWC is out now: I love it.

Production, as per usual, is gorgeous. Certainly continuing the trajectory of being perpetually more sparse than the last record, which makes them more singular as a band but also makes them a more particular/demanding listen.

Not sure if this will get as much play 'round the Dos abode as ...Richter Scale or Container Ships because those tend to fit my mood (level everything around you with big noises) a bit more.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:26 am

I listened to it this morning on the way to the office and my first impression is the same as yours. Maybe it's that lately I'm not particularly into dilated progressions.
Still very solid, and the sounds are great.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby goroth » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:16 am

D.o.S. wrote:Since the KWC is out now: I love it.

Production, as per usual, is gorgeous. Certainly continuing the trajectory of being perpetually more sparse than the last record, which makes them more singular as a band but also makes them a more particular/demanding listen.

Not sure if this will get as much play 'round the Dos abode as ...Richter Scale or Container Ships because those tend to fit my mood (level everything around you with big noises) a bit more.

This is the take on this album.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:37 pm

I enjoyed it a lot playing it twice today but yeah it felt a bit... IDK. Sounds amazing, some cool tunes, nothing bad. But not wowed yet?

I make music sometimes:

coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby cantremember » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:15 pm

Crazy KWC is still around, I played a show with them when I was in high school. Will check out this new album.

How many of you guys here are into hip hop? Let's talk about some of that, yeah? Cool.

Mac Miller - Faces comes out this Friday (15th) It's been on soundcloud for years but got a remaster and is getting a official release. IDK if any of you are into this type of music or not but Mac was great.

Vince Staples - Self titled. This came out a few months back and shit guys, what an album! I guess more like EP since its around 20 or minutes but damn its good stuff. Kenny Beats was the producer on that album and he did an amazing job tying all the songs together and give the overall album such a sick vibe. Love it.

Side note, Vince did one of the Tiny Desk concerts and the keyboard player dude had a blooper and thermae on his board and did all the live sampling that way. Boom! Pedals, relevant to this forum!

Tyler The Creator - Call Me If You If You Lost. Also came out a few month ago and I really like that album as well because it just sounds good in my car.

Little Simz - Sometimes I Might Be Introvert. IDK what to really so other than it's a really good album.

Boldy James and The Alchemist- Bo Jackson. Man this album is good.

I'll leave it at that for now since dont think most you care for this particular style of music and because I was starting to fizzle out there at the end. It's been a long day. Anyway, these are just a few albums that I have been listening to or looking forward to recently. I felt the need to participate a little because I don't talk about music with anyone anymore and that's probably how I fell down this rabbit hole.
:picard:

Oh yeah, that new Low album rules!
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:38 am

I like lots of hip hop, but I think I run into the problem where there's so much music and I don't really stay in touch with my friends who follow it closely, so I'm just not really aware of what's new or what's exciting. So I only see the broad strokes stuff, which doesn't appeal to me as much as the stuff that I already know. I think the last proper hip-hop gig I went to was a Doomtree gig... twelve years ago?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:25 am

D.o.S. wrote:I like lots of hip hop, but I think I run into the problem where there's so much music and I don't really stay in touch with my friends who follow it closely, so I'm just not really aware of what's new or what's exciting. So I only see the broad strokes stuff, which doesn't appeal to me as much as the stuff that I already know.

I also suffer from this. Plus, a lot of my music listening atm is while I'm working, and music with a lot of prominent lyrics does not work great for my concentration! Going to check out the stuff on your list that I haven't already cantremember :thumb:

I make music sometimes:

coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby cantremember » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:26 am

Yeah I know what you mean. Over the last few years I have spent each year digging into different styles of music that I normally wouldn't have. I listened to hip hop when I was really young and then started playing guitar and kinda stopped paying attention to it until this last year or so.
cantremember

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:47 am

Just realised that I've actually seen Dalek twice in the last few years at festivals. Which only half counts, but still counts. Band is great.

For records that haven't come out yet: I am mostly gleefully indifferent to tech death (my least favourite part of metal is the part where everyone is in competition to show that they are the best instrumentalist ever, because I can't relate to it at all), but the new Archspire is on my radar. I know a couple of folks who are convinced that it's going to be great.

Also Drone Corpse Aviator is a great title. And the song, I regret to inform everyone, absolutely slaps.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Music