Seppuku FX

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Seppuku FX

Postby Christophe » Mon May 16, 2022 6:19 am

There's also a new variation on the ML / pt2399 circuit that is mentioned on the blog... very curious about this!
"It's wrong but it works."
Christophe

committed
committed

Postby Pepe » Mon May 16, 2022 8:19 am

goosekevin wrote:woooooah, love how this sounds

The sound is indeed awesome!
And Rhys replied to my comment at YouTube and said thanks for my demos of his Seppuku pedals. :omg:
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Mon May 16, 2022 8:42 am

:!!!: :yay: :!!!:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby fldrvr » Wed May 18, 2022 3:56 pm

Dagger- so what is it? Some kinda PLL?
Good deals: Monkey Boy, julius_deane, oldangelmidnight, K2000 (x2), kbithecrowing, Casavettes, leaves turn, psychedelicrelic, nevada, alexsga, sa1126, Invisible Man, foot, solewheelin', hbombgraphics, bronzetalon, Aquietcabin1978, bass_econo, christafarai; (on TalkBass) jazzyitalian, MicG, bufert57, marineman227, karter2000; (on TGP) leray1, Electroman, bigEbeer; (on DIYstompboxes) LucifersTrip, lethargytartare; (on HC) StratsRule07, lfrz93, Firebrand, caeman, bluesthug
fldrvr

experienced
experienced

Postby Pepe » Wed May 18, 2022 5:36 pm

Rhys has added a proper description, plus a manual and two more pictures: https://rhysi.com/?product=shark-tooth

Overall it is another PT2399 variant, but a very interesting sounding one.
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Confuzzled » Wed May 18, 2022 7:53 pm

I heard the sound sample and to me it sounded like a vibrato that turns into a ring mod. Also did n't like the single note only sound sample. Would've been nice to hear a few chords.
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Postby taco satori » Wed May 18, 2022 8:00 pm

Sounds cool to me, has elements that remind me of Mid-Fi's Scrape Flutter and Another/Ano-ther, with some LAL Misty Cave / Transroom oddly resonant room magic thrown in.
Great deals with lordgalvar, filipre, seten, DannDubblewe, PumpkinPieces, backwardsvoyager, DADGBD, jwar, JonnyAngle, dandolin, pd~, Dungus, dminner
taco satori

committed
committed

Postby $harkToootth » Fri May 20, 2022 5:53 pm

Chankgeez wrote:True.

Rhys sowin' confusion! :success:

Maybe it's the $harkToootth signature pedal? :idk:

I thought I replied to this yesterday but I can't even do that right!

No sig pedal. Happy Rhys is back... I guess? I dunnfugginknow. I do still have more seppuku pedals than any other brand. It's a cool name too. Glad someone is using it.

If I had a signature pedal it would be called "the paper weight". It would be a "transparent" book shelf stopper.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Fri May 20, 2022 5:55 pm

The pedal I'm on the fence about getting is the new one from Lubdar (shameless plug for my friend). He made a new verb/delay/bit crush thing. Lubdar is his ILF name. His company is Black Sky Craft. He makes great stuff in very small batches. A+ for (black sky) craftsman ship.

I'm going to go smoke some cigarettes in the bathroom now. Back to my hiatus from ILF, music, life.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri May 20, 2022 6:47 pm

:lol:

:ilw:

:group:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby $harkToootth » Sat May 21, 2022 12:02 pm

Chank, I feel like you moved, but my God. I've been watching so many videos on Kensington Ave. Jesus... I had no idea the situation there got so dire. Cutting all the fentenyl with xylazine... fuckkkkkk.
Maybe Dandolin knows more about it? If forget if youz guyz were in Philly proper.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat May 21, 2022 12:13 pm

Yeah, I'm no longer there. I (at one time) lived pretty close to Kensington. It's sad. :cry:

Philly's come a long way, but a lot of parts are still really rough.

Could definitely use a Dagger for some protection. :engarde:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sat May 21, 2022 12:43 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Yeah, I'm no longer there. I (at one time) lived pretty close to Kensington. It's sad. :cry:

Yes, neighborhoods RIGHT NEXT to Kensington... you think you're at Penn State or some shit. You go to Fishtown these days and it's pop collars galore. Then... you got like... not that far... and you have the United States largest open air drug market (insert joke about our medical system being just a fancy open air drug market). The videos are devastating. I am not religious by any stretch of the imagination, but I pray those lost souls get some help. No one should have to live like that. I'm aware plenty of people around the world live far worse and have been for far longer than this section of Philly. This one just hits close to home for me.

I have no idea what I'm on about... yeah, I guess the new Seppuku looks cool?
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Sun May 22, 2022 5:47 am

$harkToootth wrote:I have no idea what I'm on about... yeah, I guess the new Seppuku looks cool?

What Rhys is doing there with the new pedal line looks delicious! I really like the graphics:

Is that an engraving or an etching technique?
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Confuzzled » Mon May 23, 2022 12:13 pm

$harkToootth wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:Yeah, I'm no longer there. I (at one time) lived pretty close to Kensington. It's sad. :cry:

Yes, neighborhoods RIGHT NEXT to Kensington... you think you're at Penn State or some shit. You go to Fishtown these days and it's pop collars galore. Then... you got like... not that far... and you have the United States largest open air drug market (insert joke about our medical system being just a fancy open air drug market). The videos are devastating. I am not religious by any stretch of the imagination, but I pray those lost souls get some help. No one should have to live like that. I'm aware plenty of people around the world live far worse and have been for far longer than this section of Philly. This one just hits close to home for me.

I have no idea what I'm on about... yeah, I guess the new Seppuku looks cool?

Off topic but I have to ask: How is the penn state area? My oldest just got a summer internship at Penn St. Is the area safe? Anything I should impart on her regarding what to look out for?
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear