Seppuku FX

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Seppuku FX

Postby Confuzzled » Mon May 23, 2022 12:14 pm

$harkToootth wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:Yeah, I'm no longer there. I (at one time) lived pretty close to Kensington. It's sad. :cry:

Philly's come a long way, but a lot of parts are still really rough.

Could definitely use a Dagger for some protection. :engarde:

Yes, neighborhoods RIGHT NEXT to Kensington... you think you're at Penn State or some shit. You go to Fishtown these days and it's pop collars galore. Then... you got like... not that far... and you have the United States largest open air drug market (insert joke about our medical system being just a fancy open air drug market). The videos are devastating. I am not religious by any stretch of the imagination, but I pray those lost souls get some help. No one should have to live like that. I'm aware plenty of people around the world live far worse and have been for far longer than this section of Philly. This one just hits close to home for me.

I have no idea what I'm on about... yeah, I guess the new Seppuku looks cool?

Off topic but I have to ask: How is the penn state area? My oldest just got a summer internship at Penn St. Is the area safe? Anything I should impart on her regarding what to look out for or stay away from?
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Mon May 23, 2022 12:27 pm

I'm not really familiar with the area around Penn State. It's nowhere near Philly. (It's in the middle of the state.)

Maybe Tom Dalton can shed some better light on that area. (FuzzHugger HQ is probably much closer than most people who post here on the forum.)

I'd imagine Penn State is about as safe as any other college town though. :idk: Wish your daughter luck in her internship. :thumb:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Confuzzled » Mon May 23, 2022 2:13 pm

Chankgeez wrote:I'm not really familiar with the area around Penn State. It's nowhere near Philly. (It's in the middle of the state.)

Maybe Tom Dalton can shed some better light on that area. (FuzzHugger HQ is probably much closer than most people who post here on the forum.)

I'd imagine Penn State is about as safe as any other college town though. :idk: Wish your daughter luck in her internship. :thumb:

Thanks Chank! Appreciate the response.
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Postby Confuzzled » Mon May 23, 2022 2:15 pm

Chankgeez wrote:I'm not really familiar with the area around Penn State. It's nowhere near Philly. (It's in the middle of the state.)

Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Mon May 23, 2022 3:20 pm

:thumb: Maybe custom order a FuzzHugger and ply Tom for info at the same time? :lol:

(No guarantee he's familiar w/ the area either. It's not that close to him.)
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Pepe » Mon May 23, 2022 5:56 pm

Rhys removed this "protoboard" picture from his "Dagger" page, but it is still online:

Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Mon May 23, 2022 6:09 pm

:love:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Tue May 24, 2022 9:41 pm

Confuzzled wrote:

Oh to be clear, that comparison was the joke. Areas that were once super unsafe are "now like Penn State". What I meant by that is, lots of collared shirts, people being affluent, and all sorts of 24 hours open franchises out and about. Like a mall. Your daughter has nothing to worry about with State College (I mean, of course be vigilant when around groups of preppy young men, but that goes without saying). Me comparing it to Penn State was commenting on how safe the area is now (it was more a comment on the types of people I see out and about).
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Tue May 31, 2022 4:22 am

Another pedal seems to be seeing the light of day soon:

SHRING
Analogue Wavefolder

https://rhysi.com/?product=shring

:snax:

Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Tue May 31, 2022 8:32 am

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Tue May 31, 2022 12:06 pm

Feeling that artwork
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:36 am

Update:

SHRING

Similar to an octavia (fullwave rectifier) which folds half a wavelength into itself, this folds the signal twice as the signal passes internal thresholds, resulting in a dramatic increase in even harmonic overtones.

Screenshot 2022-06-02 at 12-34-29 SHRING - RHYS I.png
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Pepe » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:17 am

Rhys seems to have added a Balance control to the Dagger - oh, and a CV input! :!!!:
New images of the Shring waveshaper are online as well:
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jero » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:32 am

Really into the new art direction!
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:54 am

New pictures! :drool:

Rhys told me in an e-mail that these are prototype PCBs only. He is going to order a bunch of these soon once the design is finished.
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear