Alexander Leap Series Pedals

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Alexander Leap Series Pedals

Postby John Matrix » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:58 am

I kinda want to upgrade my Neo series flanger to the Leap version. It has some features that would be great to have. For people who have used this generation of pedals...what do you think of the interface/general functionality? Are they easy to navigate in a live setting?

I feel like the little screen will make it easier to keep track of what preset I am on during a show...but I dunno, maybe it's more complex than it seems. Also the two foot switches seems essential (and would have been great on the Neo) but the pedal is so small I worry that I'll be hitting the wrong one on accident all the time haha.
John Matrix

experienced
experienced

Re: Alexander Leap Series Pedals

Postby oldangelmidnight » Wed May 01, 2024 11:23 am

I haven't had any Leap series but I had the Syntax Error 2 and it was very different from the original. The newer chips sound quite different doing the glitchy stuff in the Syntax Error; I don't know if that will be the case with the flangers.
I didn't love how it would startup with a preset, rather than from the last settings I was using. I don't know if the Leap pedals do that.
The color coding on the old preset system seemed easy enough to me but if you're having trouble with it and can read the screen, maybe the new one would be the way to go.
Only you can know if you can manage a 2-switch box.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby John Matrix » Wed May 01, 2024 2:18 pm

Hmm, I may just have to try it out and see. The screen seems cool but the main reason I want to change is the Leap flanger lets you change the waveform. The Neo one only has hyper-triangle which sounds too silly to me. I just want the plain even triangle wave most of the time.
John Matrix

experienced
experienced

Postby oldangelmidnight » Thu May 02, 2024 9:04 am

If you decide you want to spend a lot more money, the Spaceman Aurora sounds fantastic and you can do interesting stuff with the wave shape.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to General Gear