Looking for a washed out, damaged reverb

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Looking for a washed out, damaged reverb

Postby Blood_mountain » Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:26 pm

Pladask Elektrisk Draume is this. 10 minute decay at the max decay setting, infinite with the left footswitch, and it’s additive in that state so you can get a pretty big wall of noise going. Add in the digital distortion with the texture control, random amplitude and frequency modulation, low pass filter, and three reverb types (one of which is a glitchy granular reverb). I don’t know if another reverb that does basically everything you’re describing, and does it as well. It’s one of my absolute favourite reverbs.

The only part that doesn’t fit your description is the price. You won’t likely find one for less than $450usd (and he rarely does runs of them). So all that is probably just fuel for unobtanium. But mon Dieu it’s so awesome.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:44 pm

SimplyTH wrote:The transmisser is definitely on my list, they are not that expensive over on reverb and from videos they sound pretty good. Always little hesitant to buy something without trying it though.

Transmisser always sounds like someone is whispering wwweeeeoooooeeeeeooooeeeeoooeeeeoo along with your signal. I didn't like it.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby moozz » Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:46 am

D.o.S. wrote:... no IndustrialElectric love here anymore? The RM-1N literally just does this.

Industrialectric love right here! :hello:
But the RM-1N (or any of their pedals) does not really fall in the "max $150" bucket. Unless one is really lucky with second hand stuff. Now that I think of it I probably paid 150-170 EUR for my RM-1N :)
moozz

involved
involved

Postby dub » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:28 am

D.o.S. wrote:... no IndustrialElectric love here anymore? The RM-1N literally just does this.

I've been indulging myself lately and picking up some ILF classics I never got to try when they were hot. Got an RM-1N some dude painted up, looks a little less "industrial" electric.

rm1-small.jpg
rm1-small.jpg (85.71 KiB) Viewed 886 times
MATAMPS & TRASHED GUITARS
trades: Eric!, johndammit, Holy Schnikes, TheDandy, chatmatt, skullservant, intothegroove, Boxbie, bob the r0bot, sergiomunoz74, Laowiz, DannDubbleEwe, coldbrightsunlight
dub

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:57 am

came here to say this

wondering about the price tho

my Reverb brain is a posh lil sucka, and it seems like maybe that is a common affliction these days...(thus pre-disqualifying my thoughts for the Bitquest verb or Atmosphere, but what of the Doc Sci Reverberator o' Radness?)

recs for Belton Brick verbs seem on point....

Blood_mountain wrote:Pladask Elektrisk Draume is this. 10 MINUTE decay at the max decay setting [srry after this everything else u wrote got washed out]

fr rilly rillz? my puny brain can't even...the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mcatano » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:15 pm

In budget: ghost echo, multistomp
Out of budget: RM1N, Draume, Rooms
mcatano

committed
committed

Postby friendship » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:48 pm

oh I had a friend that absolutely loved the ghost echo. this is my contribution for the moment.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:59 pm

Dandolin wrote:
D.o.S. wrote:
Blood_mountain wrote:Pladask Elektrisk Draume is this. 10 MINUTE decay at the max decay setting [srry after this everything else u wrote got washed out]

fr rilly rillz? my puny brain can't even...the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

Yea, it’s enormous.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:44 am

moozz wrote:

Industrialectric love right here! :hello:
But the RM-1N (or any of their pedals) does not really fall in the "max $150" bucket. Unless one is really lucky with second hand stuff. Now that I think of it I probably paid 150-170 EUR for my RM-1N :)

Oooh yeah fair point on the price now, they haven't been ~$150 in a while.

Dub that one looks amazing.

I feel like TC has a reverb pedal you can load impulses into, as well? Maybe that can get you here if you don't want to play with Belton Brick stuff
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lumena » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:03 pm

I think the Blackskycraft Unusual EAS is the one.
Separate Wet and Dry controls, filter, bitcrush tap tempo for modulation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHSvjpiF1cQ&t=183s
FASHION PASSES STYLE REMAINS
lumena

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:48 pm

aye, that device sounds flippin' incredible, but it shades a mite towards the unobtainium purely because of the low percentage of its manifesting again in any universe in which i'm both sentient and fungible :(
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby frodog » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:20 pm

A buzzword such as 'washed out' will add $50 to the price of any reverb, and 'damaged' another $100 or more. I have a Ghost Echo which is neither of those things, and I keep the depth at the absolute minimum. I hate overbearing reverb tho. But if I were to look for an affordable verb I might try a used Alexander Space Race, it features a lo-fi mode that might fit the bill, and usually costs less than $150.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby lumena » Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:54 am

Dandolin wrote:aye, that device sounds flippin' incredible, but it shades a mite towards the unobtainium purely because of the low percentage of its manifesting again in any universe in which i'm both sentient and fungible :(

I got mine by contacting them direct via instagram - it does happen
Other alternative maybe the Holy Island Tides
https://youtu.be/0i-joz9Gekg
They are out there and available ~225$
FASHION PASSES STYLE REMAINS
lumena

committed
committed

Postby echorec » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:19 pm

Here's another pick that hasn't been mentioned:

SolidGoldFX Counter Current (sub-$150 used or get it new for $170 with the Valentine's Day code)

https://gearhero.com/products/solidgold ... 6854&_ss=r

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Ow3PcMHMI
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:59 pm

Actually, if something like a dirty/washy/Belton Brick reverb is what you're after the JPTR FX Kaleidscope is the best Belton I've ever tried. They often do 20-30% off sales. The caveat is that the company is a bit hit or miss to deal with. Without getting into details, I'll just say I've had a few lame experiences with them, but love that pedal so much.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear