The All Nude New Gear Announcements 2023'd

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The All Nude New Gear Announcements 2023'd

Postby Dandolin » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:39 pm

"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:52 pm

That OBNE MTET looks awesome. What a fantastic idea and useful tool. Something like this really changes the game for things like Beebo that can live on your pedal board and have MI eurorack modules controlling the LFOs.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:16 am

I was thinking it could be fun with Zoia. Does Beebo use 5pin?
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:36 am

Fender Shields Bender octave fuzz, a tweaked version of the vintage Blender with extra functions, developed with and signed by Kevin Shields of MBV. Limited to 700. $500, available only from Fender.com, Reverb, and Anderton’s.

That’s a lot of money but I’m not uninterested despite that.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby moozz » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:00 pm

Gone Fission wrote:

Fender Shields Bender octave fuzz, a tweaked version of the vintage Blender with extra functions, developed with and signed by Kevin Shields of MBV. Limited to 700. $500, available only from Fender.com, Reverb, and Anderton’s.

Sounds absolutely fantastic at 5:27. $500 is a bit steep, I am sure THAT sound is available cheaper elsewhere in a more simple pedal?
moozz

involved
involved

Postby qersty » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:45 pm

Gone Fission wrote:

I like how wide it is
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:30 pm

That sag on the Shields Blender: DBA Exit Index and IO Deluxe had something similar to that sag (not exact, but similar from what I heard in another video). Also had a few fuzzes that kind of “duck” like that with the right guitar (GE PepBox, which does a more swell thing comes to mind).

Looks like a fun pedal with lots of options to switch between quickly. Fender Blenders always had style.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gone Fission » Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:09 pm

And they’re gone. Hopefully they do a non-limited version with a reasonably lower price. Or someone gets one to Dino for a Dead End Fx project.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:07 am

Shields hasn't done a lot of signature stuff, right? Is he entering his EVH phase?
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:09 am

Gone Fission wrote:And they’re gone. Hopefully they do a non-limited version with a reasonably lower price. Or someone gets one to Dino for a Dead End Fx project.

You can get most of those sounds with a MAE Maybe?.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby qersty » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:19 am

lordgalvar wrote:That sag on the Shields Blender: DBA Exit Index and IO Deluxe had something similar to that sag (not exact, but similar from what I heard in another video). Also had a few fuzzes that kind of “duck” like that with the right guitar (GE PepBox, which does a more swell thing comes to mind).

Looks like a fun pedal with lots of options to switch between quickly. Fender Blenders always had style.

is this sag cause of how the fender blender reacts or is it proper weird with an envelope follower? Which would be a pretty sick pedal idea in itself...

Whats the deal with the additional octave circuit did i not pay attention or is it just a bluebox tacked on after it?
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Gone Fission » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:18 pm

qersty wrote:
lordgalvar wrote:That sag on the Shields Blender: DBA Exit Index and IO Deluxe had something similar to that sag (not exact, but similar from what I heard in another video). Also had a few fuzzes that kind of “duck” like that with the right guitar (GE PepBox, which does a more swell thing comes to mind).

is this sag cause of how the fender blender reacts or is it proper weird with an envelope follower? Which would be a pretty sick pedal idea in itself...

Whats the deal with the additional octave circuit did i not pay attention or is it just a bluebox tacked on after it?

The octave down is a twist, but the sag is getting my attention. Seems to be very reactive, so I’m guessing related at least in concept to the SSBS Fuck envelope bias, which I think is derived from the EHX Dr. Quack’s envelope follower. I have stuff that does a bit of catch up to the note attack when the bias is tweaked but this seems to be a ways past that.
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby qersty » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:53 pm

Gone Fission wrote:
qersty wrote:

The octave down is a twist, but the sag is getting my attention. Seems to be very reactive, so I’m guessing related at least in concept to the SSBS Fuck envelope bias, which I think is derived from the EHX Dr. Quack’s envelope follower. I have stuff that does a bit of catch up to the note attack when the bias is tweaked but this seems to be a ways past that.

that doesnt sound too complicated i bet it would be worth a shot trying
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby coupleonapkins » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:04 pm

It's time to flood the market with DIY clones, ppl :snax:

Shield-O & Fender are probably testing thee vvaters for the inevitable Kevin Shields brand name, much like the EVH oldangelmidnight mentioned. Something like that could certainly move some cool Jags/Jagmasters, but the real winner would be a storage space bill and/or dank basement Little Tree air freshener (I'm looking at you, Chibson USA). Or, just maybe, a Bilinda Butcher Mustang w/ the JM trem?!?!?!? Add that to the "things that would happen if not for shyness" category......for now.

Gone Fission wrote:And they’re gone. Hopefully they do a non-limited version with a reasonably lower price. Or someone gets one to Dino for a Dead End Fx project.

Who is R&D'ing the Fender pedals these days? Both phases of their own branded line seemed to have missed the mark (at least for me), but also have a pretty high failure rate (granted, they look freakin' complicated as builds, honestly). Cool LED's, though :trippy:

I'll give it 'till early fall for DIY clones to fill up the Reveb pages, but also that means the slowly drying up supply of other Blender builds will start to skyrocket (a few I was following recently were quickly picked off as soon as that Shields thing sold out, which was inevitable). Last time I searched a few months ago, all I found was the Ronsound & a Latvian company I can't remember.....but the Blender itself has fallen to the wayside in popularity, so I suppose we have Shields to thank for any renewed interest.

But I guess if Grimace can make a comeback, anybody can :erm: :trippy: :animal:

Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Gone Fission » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:11 pm

I’ve actually got the Hammertone Metal, Chorus, and Reverb and dig them—they’re a bit cooler than you would think and will definitely shoegaze. And I get good impressions on the fancier line, too, and have heard good things about the two fuzzes in the line. So I’m taking Fender’s pedal efforts seriously. And they are too.

I wonder if a non-limited Shields Blender is going to join the deluxe line in a more normal box than the vintage Blender style thing.
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear