Best pedal to buy when you just want to feel something

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Best pedal to buy when you just want to feel something

Postby fcknoise » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:44 am

I had my first visit to the psychologist earlier this summer and I called my mate and asked if he wanted to jam and write music, and it definitely was the best available music/gear-related thing available to me. I have previously also gotten a few beers in me and recorded songs with the absolute lowest level of production value ever and that felt pretty nice.

Also i just bought three tape/reel-to-reel thingies and that has me very hype to play guitar through
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bartimaeus » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:26 pm

for me, it's pedals i thought were cool when i started guitar, but totally forgot about when i got into boutique stuff. looking back at 2000s pedalboard photos and remembering people did cool stuff with digidelays and boss pitch shifters.
Bartimaeus

experienced
experienced

Postby ognoy » Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:37 pm

If you just play at home, go and play somewhere where you can play loud. Preferably with other humans.
Way more fun than just buying a pedal.
OGNOY/solo(ambient/noise/drones)https://ognoy.bandcamp.com/
Solstorm(doom/postmetal) https://solstormdoom.bandcamp.com/
ognoy

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby qersty » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:52 am

Bartimaeus wrote:for me, it's pedals i thought were cool when i started guitar, but totally forgot about when i got into boutique stuff. looking back at 2000s pedalboard photos and remembering people did cool stuff with digidelays and boss pitch shifters.

imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MechaGodzilla » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:31 am

Bartimaeus wrote:for me, it's pedals i thought were cool when i started guitar, but totally forgot about when i got into boutique stuff. looking back at 2000s pedalboard photos and remembering people did cool stuff with digidelays and boss pitch shifters.

i keep having the thought like "why have i never had a blues driver, or a carbon copy, or any of the fucking normal pedals people are supposed to have had" and i guess it's because i huffed the strongest glue very early on. i went straight from using nothing but a borrowed tubescreamer for everything to having expensive fuzzes and delays.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby qersty » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:10 am

I think the pedals I have felt the best after getting have all been janky boss pedals. i think its the pretty colours
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby The Eristic » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:38 pm

Having a great deal on something you've been hunting for years get sniped while you're going through the paypal checkout sure makes you feel something. So, sometimes, it's the best pedals to not buy, I guess.
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby 01010111 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:49 pm

qersty wrote:I think the pedals I have felt the best after getting have all been janky boss pedals. i think its the pretty colours

This is true. I once got a killer deal on a couple of beat up boss pedals: a DF-2 covered in chips and an HM-2 with one of the pots snapped off. Their colors were a perfect inverse of each other, and it reminded me of Halloween in a really fun way. So, maybe just buying something that looks rad is the answer?

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:51 pm

Something cheap and unnecessary, that way there’s no pressure financially and you can just enjoy it without judging whether or not it fulfills some Need.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sutarappa » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:41 am

friendship wrote:Something cheap and unnecessary, that way there’s no pressure financially and you can just enjoy it without judging whether or not it fulfills some Need.

Oh yes. And maybe one can take it and make it do IT without needing IT?.. That's the realer IT? :animal:
There is a 500 character limit.
sutarappa

committed
committed

Postby qersty » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:37 am

01010111 wrote:
qersty wrote:I think the pedals I have felt the best after getting have all been janky boss pedals. i think its the pretty colours

This is true. I once got a killer deal on a couple of beat up boss pedals: a DF-2 covered in chips and an HM-2 with one of the pots snapped off. Their colors were a perfect inverse of each other, and it reminded me of Halloween in a really fun way. So, maybe just buying something that looks rad is the answer?

I had a DF-2 that I never got to work. Wish I had kept it.
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to General Gear