Kings of Reverb

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Kings of Reverb

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri May 20, 2022 9:25 pm

I have sold a lot of old stuff on Reverb lately (some of it, I'll concede, I was exploiting the current ridiculous market prices to maximise profits for new gear spendings. CAPITALISM. Or, "pulling a goroth".), but the the thing that got me most was when I had found a guitar I wanted to buy with all my earnings, which the seller, a shop in France had listed for a really good price, even with shipping to Oz, cancelled the sale (probably when they realised I was in Australia and they had set their shipping too low) stating that the guitar "had sold elsewhere". That's disappointing, but then in the exchange I lost about $30 which Reverb claimed was "fluctuating exchange rates" when I queried them. I checked the exchange rates and my visa card's exchange rates in the 2 days between purchase and refund and the AUD to the Euro didn't even move half a cent. I'm still trying to rectify that, but I'm not hopeful I'll get a win.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Sun May 22, 2022 9:09 pm

the wurst
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby echorec » Wed May 25, 2022 7:03 pm

Iommic Pope wrote:cancelled the sale (probably when they realised I was in Australia and they had set their shipping too low) stating that the guitar "had sold elsewhere". That's disappointing, but then in the exchange I lost about $30 which Reverb claimed was "fluctuating exchange rates" when I queried them. I checked the exchange rates and my visa card's exchange rates in the 2 days between purchase and refund and the AUD to the Euro didn't even move half a cent. I'm still trying to rectify that, but I'm not hopeful I'll get a win.

Companies have been fudging the exchange rates for years, but I had never heard of anyone losing money on a return. That's some BULLLL.SHIT.

PayPal got smacked with a multi-million dollar class-action lawsuit in the US for how they handled foreign exchange rates years ago, but they never changed anything. You can look up current exchange rates on several sites and PP's exchange quotes are always off by a few dollars. It's absurd. On any $40+ international transaction, they're stealing at least $3 off you---add that up over millions of transactions and you could be looking at $100M per year just in fleecing people on falsified exchange rates.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Velcro Bottom » Wed May 25, 2022 9:24 pm

Damn. That is some BULLLL.SHIT.
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Previous

Return to General Gear