New gear announcements for 2022

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: New gear announcements for 2022

Postby cantremember » Wed May 18, 2022 11:06 am

The Eristic wrote:Indeed, now they need to convert all their pedals to this format but they also need to convert them to like $369.

I agree this 100%, I'm passed wanting to spend a ton of money on a delay pedal especially this much.
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Postby manymanyhaha » Wed May 18, 2022 11:39 am

I actually really like the old format: They are dual mono pedals that fit on my board. At this new size (and price), forget about it. What I didn't like about the old format was no Save As for presets and no preset recall without extra stuff. So many great sounds I've found in each pedal that I can't find again, especially the Enzo and Polymoon.

And having to label the alt features. And no dual mono for the stutter in the Ottobit. If it had that, that pedal would still be on my board. But then again, if pedal companies oriented towards my tastes and interests, they'd probably all go under :lol:
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Thu May 19, 2022 1:28 pm

cantremember wrote:
The Eristic wrote:Indeed, now they need to convert all their pedals to this format but they also need to convert them to like $369.

I agree this 100%, I'm passed wanting to spend a ton of money on a delay pedal especially this much.

I feel like this wave of expensive delays has really helped me learn to manage GAS. just pow pow pow --- $300 $400 and now $600. It's been nice watching people explore the space echo remakes, dl4, habit, and it will be nice to see the feedback roll in on these and as the used market starts to see them, maybe I'll make a move. The one that catches my eye the most is still Habit, but I've got so much complex gear to dig in on who needs another piece of kit to learn.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Thu May 19, 2022 1:46 pm

cosmicevan wrote:
cantremember wrote:

I feel like this wave of expensive delays has really helped me learn to manage GAS. just pow pow pow --- $300 $400 and now $600. It's been nice watching people explore the space echo remakes, dl4, habit, and it will be nice to see the feedback roll in on these and as the used market starts to see them, maybe I'll make a move. The one that catches my eye the most is still Habit, but I've got so much complex gear to dig in on who needs another piece of kit to learn.

I’m feeling the same. I’m happy I’ve slept on everything and didn’t buy into any hype. I do a till have some gas for the DL4 MKII and I might still sell my Matriarch because it’s really just collecting dust, but I don’t think I really need the OP-1 Field or anything to replace the Matriarch. I need to just use the gear I’ve got.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby cosmicevan » Thu May 19, 2022 8:39 pm

MrNovember wrote:
cosmicevan wrote:
cantremember wrote:

I’m feeling the same. I’m happy I’ve slept on everything and didn’t buy into any hype. I do a till have some gas for the DL4 MKII and I might still sell my Matriarch because it’s really just collecting dust, but I don’t think I really need the OP-1 Field or anything to replace the Matriarch. I need to just use the gear I’ve got.

As a collector of things...there's a certain something to the hunt/the acquisition...the lusting after and wanting and then completing the act and obtaining...but then the magic is onto the next hunt. It's a curse being financially able.

I remember some 20 years ago, meeting a somewhat localish guy on a loopers delight mailing list. At the time, I was really exploring my gear and constantly looking for opportunities to play whether in front of people or with people. In any event, I remember going to the guys place with my too much gear and rolling in and he was a drummer primary, but had this cage or gear that went from the floor to the ceiling and circled him like a neal peart drum kit, but it was racks of gear. In general he seemed to know how to use it all...a little bit/just enough...but I taught him so much about the gear we had in common that day and I was shocked he hadn't explored every corner of these devices. Back then, I hunted gear, but stuff was more out of reach financially so by the time I was able to actually buy the gear, I knew it inside out from reading manuals and the internet. Fast forward 20 years later and I'm that guy...well...not as bad as he was, but I definitely have allowed my GAS to get the better of me.

I still really want tons of stuff more...like that matriarch you speak of, but I know I have plenty of other gear still to explore and play with. I will cave...eventually I'll get that SOMA Lyra I've been lusting after or take the plunge into a DFAM or similar such unit. But for now, I'm relishing in what I learned with those delay releases. I would've kicked myself for buying any of them with whatever came next, but each announce had me twitchy wanting to jump on the band wagon.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Thu May 19, 2022 9:53 pm

...sounds familiar :hug:

hey, gear guy - what's a decent, sub $300 recording interface that will work with USB. Bonus if you can bypass it's undoubtedly sub-par mic preamp(s).... :snax: (worth a try :idk: )
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Thu May 19, 2022 10:23 pm

Dandolin wrote:hey, gear guy - what's a decent, sub $300 recording interface that will work with USB. Bonus if you can bypass it's undoubtedly sub-par mic preamp(s).... :snax: (worth a try :idk: )

i'm not aware of anything in that price range that'll let you bypass the preamps altogether. generally line level inputs are attenuated but still running thru the preamp... cheap interfaces are sounding better and better all the time, though.

if you can find any dealz on a used RME babyface or MOTU ultralite (or Apogee Duet if you're using a Mac) that'd be the best option, otherwise the Motu M4 is cheap and clean-sounding and versatile and all that. Audient iD14 is arguably the best sounding sub $300 interface but it's a bit finicky to use.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Fri May 20, 2022 12:01 am

hey, thanks! :)* i think you can use the ADAT inputs on some of the Audient interfaces to utilize your own mic pres, so that interests me. i hear you on the Audient being fiddly tho.... i do hear they really support their products as opposed to, say, Antelope, which seems to continually roll out new product and stop updating drivers and software on the older models after just a few years. anyway, i'll look at the RME and MOTU, both of which i've heard good things about....
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby manymanyhaha » Fri May 20, 2022 10:09 am

I love the babyface, have two of them, but I doubt you can find one for sub-$300. If you can, grab it! It has ADAT in.

Also have a MOTU M2 (no ADAT in) that I use exclusively for cassette tape transfer to digital and it works great for that but I will say that I once tried to use it as my main interface in lieu of the babyface and its drivers choked on a couple of my DAW files where the babyface wouldn't. Having said that, I love MOTU, I have an 8M and 16a in my guitar rig and especially love their routing system in comparison to the RME routing system. So there are pros and cons each way. For $300, I have no personal experience but I always wanted to try a Focusrite Scarlett. ADAT in for sub-300 is going to be hard find I think.
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Fri May 20, 2022 11:11 am

yeah, you ain't wrong, but i can hope - babyface does look great :D

i bet a focusrite would be more than fine and better than the mackie onyx satellite i'm rockin', but at this point i'd rather limp along with what i have and see if i get lucky on a used steal than buy something without the features i want - also don't want to have to buy a new computer just to justify my shiny new interface. i'm sure i'll feel differently when the moment comes (probably sooner rather than later) when i'm forced to upgrade the computer for other reasons....

i kinda wish the market would better support separates - converter boxes seem to need upgrading more as tech changes, but mic pres shouldn't....

anyway - i should probs check if we have a recording thread to carry out this convo rather than further cluttering this important thread about SHINY NEW THINGS :lol: srry for the threadjak :facepalm:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby manymanyhaha » Fri May 20, 2022 2:03 pm

Actually just had a look and the Audient id14 and Sono and the Focusrite 1810c and 18i8 all have ADAT in for $300-400, new. So there are options in that range for ADAT, didn't know.
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Fri May 20, 2022 7:42 pm

I'd even take a look at some solid pre-amps / practice devices that also double as recording interfaces. Things like Phil Jones bass buddy, two notes stuff, things like that???? I'm not sure if those are any good, but definitely options with USB capabilities
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Fri May 20, 2022 10:22 pm

More Good Things! :group:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Sat May 21, 2022 5:30 am

Dandolin wrote:also, since Tommy D's not actually making fuzzhuggers any more (I think?)

I know him, and he does! :joy:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby gila_crisis » Sat May 21, 2022 8:21 am

backwardsvoyager wrote:https://www.meris.us/product/lvx/

On a way it's a very cool sound design pedal, and I like a lot its modular architecture, and the few demo videos & sound samples are really intriguing.
I own a Mercury 7 and tried once a Polymoon, so I know what Meris can deliver. So on a way, respect for putting together a pedal like the LVX.

But... 600usd it's a lot for such a modular delay, when compared to similar pedals like Zoia and Poly Beebo, which also have such modular architecture, but cost a bit less and offer even more modules/blocks than delays (and are constantly update and loaded with new modules).

Nonetheless I still find LVX interesting, but not for me. I don't need all the bells and whistles the LVX offers as I already have Timeline, HX Stomp, and MS7'CDR, which cover very well all my delay needs.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear