· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Red Panda - Raster 2 (it's a small dual delay ya'll)

Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:21 am

So it does 3.6s sound on sound that always listens too?

Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:43 pm

Dowi wrote:ahem..ordered. :hobbes:
Should be here in a couple of days. :snax: :poke:

Dowi wrote:I am already planning a signal chain with this, Feber, and Bitquest in Ring Mod reverb mode.

ALL.
THE.
BELLS.

Dandolin wrote::snax: :poke:

Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:52 pm

Got mine today but still haven't had time to plug it in, can't wait for tomorrow :evil:

Also, for a weird turn of events I'm gonna end up with two of these in a week or so (one is a substitute for another thing I bought and returned) so if some ILFer wants one hit me up, 300€+shipping and it's yours. :poke:

I didn't watch the one you posted but I watched the 2hrs one and, while the sounds are thousands of miles away from what I want to do with it, it helped a lot understanding the way it operates, especially with the various parallel/sequential delays with independent controls and relative LFO assignments.

Re-the reset button: the first solution that pops in my mind is to save a "simple" preset and use that as a starting point / reset point when thing gets too messy with secondary function?

Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:50 am

vidret wrote:oh none of those are my own demos.

yeah, you can def do a blank slate preset. I suggested to them that preset+wave button combo be a secondary function reset tho.

Uh yeah I wasn't saying these were demos of yours, I probably explained myself poorly.

The preset+wave combo seems a smart solution, actually it's weird they didn't already thought about it, but I guess with the amount of stuff crammed in the unit some things can be overlooked.

Plugged mine on the fly for 30minutes and DAAAAMN. :love:
It's exactly what I was hoping it to be. It will take months for me to explore all the stuff that it can do..

Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:51 pm

This pedal is amazing. It has the high chance to become a desert island one, it can cover so much and SO WELL. I don't have time to elaborate more but will do sometime in the nest month.
@vidret: I totally see what you mean with the Bitquest comparison

Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:40 pm

Yeah, modulation on it is sick. As of today, of the 4 presets available, one is a simple delay that i use to build more complex stuff with, and the other 3 are respectively envelope modulated freq shifting, a generic flanger, and a weird resonant chorus.

Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:13 pm

You folks, thank you. This thing is so deep and y'all are correct, it goes way beyond the demos I've heard.

Had a Tensor 1 and a Particle 1 at one time and kind of got uninterested in them. Are all the V2 pedals like this? (meaning deep and seemingly unending and fun)

Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:40 am

manymanyhaha wrote:You folks, thank you. This thing is so deep and y'all are correct, it goes way beyond the demos I've heard.

Had a Tensor 1 and a Particle 1 at one time and kind of got uninterested in them. Are all the V2 pedals like this? (meaning deep and seemingly unending and fun)

Don't know how the V2 is different from Red Panda's Tensor V1. The thing about that pedal is that it gives you all sorts of glitchy reverse randomness and pitch shifty drones, but it all comes from a simple concept and control layout that aren't nearly as intimidating or unpredictable as what you get from any of the other -much more expensive- noise makers I've messed with. Not that I wouldn't mind owning a modular synth and a tape machine, or a CB Mood...but neither would make me take the Tensor of my board.

Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:17 am

frigid midget wrote:
manymanyhaha wrote:You folks, thank you. This thing is so deep and y'all are correct, it goes way beyond the demos I've heard.

Don't know how the V2 is different from Red Panda's Tensor V1. The thing about that pedal is that it gives you all sorts of glitchy reverse randomness and pitch shifty drones, but it all comes from a simple concept and control layout that aren't nearly as intimidating or unpredictable as what you get from any of the other -much more expensive- noise makers I've messed with. Not that I wouldn't mind owning a modular synth and a tape machine, or a CB Mood...but neither would make me take the Tensor of my board.

Apologies, just looked at the Red Panda website and there isn't a Tensor 2. Maybe I didn't try the Tensor extensively enough................ I do that sometimes. I might try it again. I will say that I had a Mood for awhile and fell in love with it immediately but then after some period, it lost its new pedal glow and just ended up gravitating towards the same settings over and over.

I'm curious about the BitMap v2 as well now, though I have to admit that bit crushing is not as appealing to my ears as a lot of you folks................... :idk:. But if it is deeper beyond the shiny glow things demo people reach for like the Raster V2, I'm curious where it goes.

Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:38 am

anybody else done raster2 into pitchfactor? :excellent:

Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:16 pm

Hi there! I just jumped on the Raster train and bought the V2... That thing is amazing! The workflow is so clever, and so many sounds. I've never liked digital delays that offer emulations etc.. but when it just does digital with no excuses it's irresistible. Best thing since the Bitquest and Blooper...
Now I'll wait for the honeymoon to pass, but so far I'm blown away, and that's already a good sign! :joy:

Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:28 pm

Christophe wrote:when it just does digital with no excuses it's irresistible.

this is the best part about the raster imo. not only does it do all the wild ps3 meets thermae stuff, when it's delay its just fucking great. I have been going on and off thinking maybe I should get a DD5 or a DD7 but the raster totally killed that itch in addition to being insanely fun

Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:47 pm

qersty wrote:
Christophe wrote:when it just does digital with no excuses it's irresistible.

this is the best part about the raster imo. not only does it do all the wild ps3 meets thermae stuff, when it's delay its just fucking great. I have been going on and off thinking maybe I should get a DD5 or a DD7 but the raster totally killed that itch in addition to being insanely fun

Oh yeah. And there's a killer vibrato sound too. It will probably kick my warped vinyl off the board.
Well the DD5 has a pretty unique sounding reverse delay, very hard to find in another pedal (resurrecting the itch here!). Maybe by darkening the repeats on the Raster...

Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:38 am

this is making me want a raster......

Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:20 am

Ok, here's a first question, as I can't wrap my mind around this:
-I've created 4 presets. One of them is a basic tremolo, with no delay. I'm hearing a tremolo, I save it.
Now when I cycle through the other presets and go back to this one, my tremolo now has delay....!? When the preset is supposed to override all current knob positions.
I've tried many things but I don't know what's goin' on...

Edit: I tweaked all the settings again for tremolo and now it seems to be working. I think the level for the second delay line wasn't at zero...
Post a reply