Red Panda - Raster 2 (it's a small dual delay ya'll)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Red Panda - Raster 2 (it's a small dual delay ya'll)

Postby Dowi » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:20 am

qersty wrote:I'm reading the manual now. It does frequency shifting too?!?!?!?! :drool:

YES :love:
I am already planning a signal chain with this, Feber, and Bitquest in Ring Mod reverb mode.

ALL.
THE.
BELLS.

doesn't get more Christmas spirit than that.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby taco satori » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:56 am

Yeah the OG Raster was a true sleeper pedal, from the looks of it. I haven’t played thru one but I was super intrigued by it years ago. Knobs showcased it recently in his “all my other pedals I own” video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5KfGY24c_-0&t=113
Great deals with lordgalvar, filipre, seten, DannDubblewe, PumpkinPieces, backwardsvoyager, DADGBD, jwar, JonnyAngle, dandolin, pd~, Dungus, dminner
taco satori

committed
committed

Postby cosmicevan » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:19 pm

I'm pretty enamored with the Raster v2. I've been binging on pedals this year and nothing has caught my imagination like the Raster 2. I just keep coming back to it. The layout is awesome and the capabilities are awesome. I have yet to dive in on MIDI, but it only gets better.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby qersty » Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:33 am

cosmicevan wrote:I'm pretty enamored with the Raster v2. I've been binging on pedals this year and nothing has caught my imagination like the Raster 2. I just keep coming back to it. The layout is awesome and the capabilities are awesome. I have yet to dive in on MIDI, but it only gets better.

Please let me hear what midi can do with it! I think having momentary switches to change settings would be incredibly fun!
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby cosmicevan » Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:46 pm

qersty wrote:
cosmicevan wrote:I'm pretty enamored with the Raster v2. I've been binging on pedals this year and nothing has caught my imagination like the Raster 2. I just keep coming back to it. The layout is awesome and the capabilities are awesome. I have yet to dive in on MIDI, but it only gets better.

Please let me hear what midi can do with it! I think having momentary switches to change settings would be incredibly fun!

I'm thinking I will replace the Particle 2 with the Raster 2 on my board. MIDI gives you TONS of presets but also lets you twist knobs via expression pedals or cc commands for pre-determined jumps. It essentially lets you have on the table knob twisting functionality at your feet while you play...I'm super impressed with MIDI on the Particle and Tensor, on the Context I use just presets. The editors are pretty awesome.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby qersty » Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:58 pm

I'm getting more and more into these new ones. Been eyeing the context a while too.

Gotta wait til the post christmas sales to see if i can snag one
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby cosmicevan » Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:05 pm

I'm seeing them as low as $230 new.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby vidret » Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:03 pm

I intended to do a review/demo of the less shown off stuff from what i've seen in other demos so far. I was gonna do it now after christmas as I have some time off, but damn, today I saw that this 2 hr review/demo existed and I don't feel like I'm needed here anymore:

vidret

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:27 am

ahem..ordered. :hobbes:
Should be here in a couple of days. :snax: :poke:
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby qersty » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:21 am

So it does 3.6s sound on sound that always listens too?

qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dandolin » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:43 pm

Dowi wrote:ahem..ordered. :hobbes:
Should be here in a couple of days. :snax: :poke:

Dowi wrote:I am already planning a signal chain with this, Feber, and Bitquest in Ring Mod reverb mode.

ALL.
THE.
BELLS.

Dandolin wrote::snax: :poke:
I Fuzz
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby vidret » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:23 pm

Even though they’re not very comparable, this feels like it fills the spot of a bitquest quite well. Like a mode less bitquest.

I’m using mine for octave down sounds or random chorus (with some phasing) right now, and really digging it.

I sandwiched it between two dirts so I can get those heavy octave down sounds with a dirt after it, or those distorted delay sounds. And a dirt in front for using regular delays.

It’s working out quite well but I’ve sent an email seeing if red panda could add a reset button combo for resetting the second valued (left/right stereo stuff). It’s difficult to keep these in your head and knowing why shit is sounding crazy right now.

The envelopes on the amplitude are crazy; having only delay/effect when playing, or vice versa only effect coming in once you stop playing.

With a dirt after it it’s a cool way of getting all your note attack and clarity in but as the chord sustains you start getting echoes. Very tight.
My slight wish here was for the rate knob to change the slew/speed of the envelopes, right now it’s a set speed.

I have never liked chorus btw so I think that’s saying something too.
vidret

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby vidret » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:40 pm

yeah i'm def not needed.

I didn't watch this one (I did listen to the whole 2 hr one above :lol:) but now there's like 4+ hrs of raster 2 demos on youtube.
You can all stop now :lol: :lol:
vidret

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:52 pm

Got mine today but still haven't had time to plug it in, can't wait for tomorrow :evil:

Also, for a weird turn of events I'm gonna end up with two of these in a week or so (one is a substitute for another thing I bought and returned) so if some ILFer wants one hit me up, 300€+shipping and it's yours. :poke:

I didn't watch the one you posted but I watched the 2hrs one and, while the sounds are thousands of miles away from what I want to do with it, it helped a lot understanding the way it operates, especially with the various parallel/sequential delays with independent controls and relative LFO assignments.

Re-the reset button: the first solution that pops in my mind is to save a "simple" preset and use that as a starting point / reset point when thing gets too messy with secondary function?
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby vidret » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:21 pm

Dowi wrote:Got mine today but still haven't had time to plug it in, can't wait for tomorrow :evil:

Also, for a weird turn of events I'm gonna end up with two of these in a week or so (one is a substitute for another thing I bought and returned) so if some ILFer wants one hit me up, 300€+shipping and it's yours. :poke:

I didn't watch the one you posted but I watched the 2hrs one and, while the sounds are thousands of miles away from what I want to do with it, it helped a lot understanding the way it operates, especially with the various parallel/sequential delays with independent controls and relative LFO assignments.

Re-the reset button: the first solution that pops in my mind is to save a "simple" preset and use that as a starting point / reset point when thing gets too messy with secondary function?

oh none of those are my own demos.

yeah, you can def do a blank slate preset. I suggested to them that preset+wave button combo be a secondary function reset tho.

These sounds aren't what I use it for either, but it's a really good showcase of what it's capable of.
Like I said, what I use it for are delays that swell in when chords die out (pre-dirt) and random chorus sounds, and phasing/flanging.
vidret

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear