Amp+Cab in a peddle! who be win, who be lose, we find out

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Amp+Cab in a peddle! who be win, who be lose, we find ou

Postby gila_crisis » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:23 am

Once I saw a second hand 90s Sansamp Classic for 150$... I kind of regret I didn't got it.

But anyhow after ages I'm still super happy with my AMT SS20.
It's compact, has a 12AX7 inside, sounds stellar for my needs (the clean take very well pedals).
It has 2+1 channels:
- clean with 3 band EQ and gain
- lead and crunch share the same EQ, but have dedicated Gain knobs, and on the crunch features a 3 voicings switch
- 2 outputs: one with an analog cabinet emulation and one without (to go straight into a power amp, or whereever you like, I use an AB-box after it to selecct the output, so depending on my needs I don't have to re-wire my board)

I almost considered few times some their Legend Preamp I & II series (especially R2 and D2), I was never able to try these in person, but the demos I was able to listen to sounds very good.
If you don0t know this brand, i'ts worthy to take a look at AMT's website.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby fcknoise » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:52 am

Hm, this is really a thread I should have been looking at all this time.

I think this is what I will try to acquire for my direct in needs. I'll still use my amp, but this is both a loadbox and cabsim in one.
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MaxMaps » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:19 pm

fcknoise wrote:Hm, this is really a thread I should have been looking at all this time.

I think this is what I will try to acquire for my direct in needs. I'll still use my amp, but this is both a loadbox and cabsim in one.

If I had a more permanent set up I would go with a torpedo and then a head situation. I see a lot of people using this over the UA OX Box because its way cheaper.
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:05 pm

sounds good! (tho i need to listen with headphones - first impression is of a lot of brightness, but also nice percussive attack and some interesting grain in the decay (the good kind afaic). i've tried a handful of their distortion/drive (as opposed to preamp) pedals and enjoyed them (would like to hear/do a comparo b/w those and some of the latest gen high gain pedals.... :snax:

i wonder how some of these companies are going to fare in the current economic climate :idk:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:25 am

Yes, it's on the bright side, but it's has a nice bite and cool grinding mids! I tried few times to replicate the SS20 with the HX Stomp amp simulations, but most of the times I gave up with headaches. I always wondered about the LA2 preamp seires as well. but was never able to try those.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby Dandolin » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:39 am

nice - from the demo sounds and your desciption i'm not at all surprised you're sticking with it! :thumb:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear