Mask Audio Electronics

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Mask Audio Electronics

Postby coupleonapkins » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:04 pm

Woolworm wrote:Part Garden is 2 or 3 Harmonic Percs stacked right? In the demos it sounded amazing. Should I get this or the Electrofoods one which also has the IVF preamp?

The Part Garden is a transistor-based OD + a harmonic perc (silicon IIRC?), but the very first proto was 2 percs into each other.

Electrofoods looks pretty cool, but I would only recommend an IVF preamp in the event that traditional insemination were unsuccessful (YMMV).

Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby AZX309 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:27 pm

LaoWiz wrote:
oldangelmidnight wrote:I'm hoping for a Laowiz MAYBE? in the next batch.

Alec and I haven't discussed Maybe? at all but here's my personal one I just built up. It sounds incredible, lots and lots of different shades of fuzz in there, from normal to noisy nasty. To me MAE if like ole school ILF and Alec is a super sweet dude.

Ill probably have you do some at some point because i have a need for the T R I F E C T A. Love you bud :hug:

coupleonapkins wrote:
Woolworm wrote:Part Garden is 2 or 3 Harmonic Percs stacked right? In the demos it sounded amazing. Should I get this or the Electrofoods one which also has the IVF preamp?

The Part Garden is a transistor-based OD + a harmonic perc (silicon IIRC?), but the very first proto was 2 percs into each other.

Electrofoods looks pretty cool, but I would only recommend an IVF preamp in the event that traditional insemination were unsuccessful (YMMV).

Yep, all pretty much spot on info. I dont like messing with Germanium stuff for production. Transistors on the perc side of PG are 2N4403 and 2N2222 for those who want to know.
We did two go's at the Doubble perc. It was glorious but would need tons of massaging to work ok. probably an amp worth of filtering.

As far as Perc experiences, PG is definitely a bit of a deviation. The clang has been softened up, but there is a bit more squish and zip. I think there should be enough demos to highlight what im talking about. if your looking for a good perc I highly suggest the Electrofoods pigpile/little pig or the malaise forever Clubber Lang
https://www.instagram.com/maskaudioelectronics/
D.o.S. wrote:you're not my real dad

Corey Y wrote: Tone is in the dingus.
AZX309

committed
committed

Postby gila_crisis » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:09 pm

Hello, anybody here have experience with both the Maybe? and the Eldritch Blast?
How do they compare/differ?
From a demo I saw the Eldritch seams to be a a fuzz that goes from polite up to chaotic, but the Maybe takes over from the Eldritch chaos and goes way berserk down the fuzz rabbit hole! :!!!:
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby oldangelmidnight » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:04 am

I haven't tried Eldritch Blast but Maybe? does a lot of octavey stuff. It's quite square-wavey and gated. Lots of fun.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:53 pm

Yes I saw from the demo I able to find: Some tasty nasty sounds!
It's incredible Maybe? has a very heavy gating, also with both fuzzes on!

Anyhow it seams the new Eldritch Blast will be more mad than the last V2 batch!
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cp5Z7PYpY5-/
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby oldangelmidnight » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:40 am

Based on that instagram thing, I think with Maybe, you can hear more of your guitar. It doesn't just totally replace your dynamics, if that makes sense. But if Eldritch has some tamer settings, maybe you want that variety? Maybe has a lot of variety in the sounds it can make but none of them is polite.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:50 pm

gila_crisis wrote:Hello, anybody here have experience with both the Maybe? and the Eldritch Blast?
How do they compare/differ?
From a demo I saw the Eldritch seams to be a a fuzz that goes from polite up to chaotic, but the Maybe takes over from the Eldritch chaos and goes way berserk down the fuzz rabbit hole! :!!!:

More the latter. I had both, but let go of the Eldritch Blast. I let it go mostly because to me, it felt like a muff with a more powerful EQ and although I love me a solid muff, I felt like it was wasted on me since the EQ on switch was an always on for me (felt like it had no balls with it off). I am also over saturated in that area of my pedal stash so it didn't feel weird to let it go. The Maybe? however, is not only still here, but it's on my guitar pedalboard. The combination of Yes and No in one pedal is a homerun for an ILF'er. Each side can be dialed in for sputtery chaos on their own, but having them together with independent foot switches gives you a pretty wide tonal palate in one pedal. I have one (the right) side dialed into medium sputtery chaos and the other side (left) dialed into apocalyptic chaos and they stack great!
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:24 pm

cosmicevan wrote:More the latter. I had both, but let go of the Eldritch Blast. I let it go mostly because to me, it felt like a muff with a more powerful EQ and although I love me a solid muff, I felt like it was wasted on me since the EQ on switch was an always on for me (felt like it had no balls with it off). I am also over saturated in that area of my pedal stash so it didn't feel weird to let it go. The Maybe? however, is not only still here, but it's on my guitar pedalboard. The combination of Yes and No in one pedal is a homerun for an ILF'er. Each side can be dialed in for sputtery chaos on their own, but having them together with independent foot switches gives you a pretty wide tonal palate in one pedal. I have one (the right) side dialed into medium sputtery chaos and the other side (left) dialed into apocalyptic chaos and they stack great!

Thanks for the reply! I watched few Eldritch demos lately, and I started to think the same about the EQ footswitch: it doesn't make sense... a footswitchable Chaos or Splat instead would have been a better option, to have a twist when needed!
For Muffed tones I already have enough pedals, like the Earthbound Supercollider (which is my personal king of Muff to rule them all), the Electrograve Ripper Fuzz (it is actually based on the Roland AF60 BeeGee, with an added super violent noise gate, but has that kind of "woodiness" I love in a good BM), and the Spiral Electric FX Allora and Black (which can also go elsewhere too).
I am slowly starting to fancy more the Maybe: I love it's 2 independent fuzzes in 1 pedal, both alone or together offer a tons of super interesting noises, and compared to other fuzzes I already own it's a totally different, unique, crazy, unpolite flavor of fuzz.
I think soon I'll have to place an order at MAE... :animal:
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby cosmicevan » Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:52 am

this is the way
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:56 am

The Maybe has landed, so far I'm enjoying it a lot!
B5939E3D-C635-4CE2-95E8-BD7B9AB38BD5.jpeg
B5939E3D-C635-4CE2-95E8-BD7B9AB38BD5.jpeg (101.37 KiB) Viewed 1405 times
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby LaoWiz » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:45 pm

gila_crisis wrote:The Maybe has landed, so far I'm enjoying it a lot!
B5939E3D-C635-4CE2-95E8-BD7B9AB38BD5.jpeg

I love that color combo.
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Seance » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:41 pm

It intrigues.

Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:20 pm

Seance wrote:It intrigues.

YEs, 1:30 it is very HM2-esque!
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby gila_crisis » Tue May 23, 2023 5:44 pm

Yes... I grabbed a Elderitch Blast V3... :!!!:
Up to now: it's heavier than I was expecting, especially when compared to the available V1 & V2 demos!
The DNA is totally Mask Audio: IMHO the EBlast shares many tonal similarities with the YES side in the MAE Maybe. Gain and More controls are super interactive, on a way they remind me of the Gain+Bias combo on the Spiral Electric FX fuzzes. And combined with the Mode and Splat switch, you can go form super wooly thick distortions, up to sputtery gated broken fuzz tones.
The footswitchable EQ is a super powerful shaping tool (yes it does that kind of HM2-tone on full blast), but pay attention that if you go a bit overboard with the settings, be prepared to experience some huge output volume jumps (especially when used stand alone, in front of another drive pedal not so much).
The Chaos switch took me a bit to get used to, at first I felt it was boring and disappointing, as I'm not such a super fun of oscillating fuzzes that just constantly squeal to inter-modulate with the guitar sound (in this extend I'm a huge fan of the MASF Epilepsy, which is totally a berserk beast of its own).
But then I found out that if you turn down both Mode and Splat switches, put Gain at max and More between Zero and 10-11 o'clock you get some very cool (almost) non-oscillating fuzz tones with a lot of textured noises!

EBlast vs. Maybe: I think they can cover some similar grounds, especially EBalst vs. Yes. EBlast can be as wild as the Maybe, but also more polite, while the Maybe... can be even more wild than the Maybe itself!
:animal: :animal: :animal:

E024FFC0-261F-408B-9A61-FBB0A3D17FBE.jpeg
E024FFC0-261F-408B-9A61-FBB0A3D17FBE.jpeg (112.05 KiB) Viewed 955 times
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear