Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What's hot in 2021: PAINT ME LIKE ONE OF YOUR FRENCH FUZ

Postby echorec » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:16 pm

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:37 pm

GAS'ing so hard for this and the Bitmap v2.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:52 pm

I’m ambivalent about Epiphone because of Gibson’s IP trolling shit. But some of their recent stuff is excellent, so this caught my eye:
https://www.chicagomusicexchange.com/pr ... or-1270438

IDGAF about Billie Joe or Green Day. But I like that it’s described as having a fatter spec neck and doesn’t mess with frivolous veneer caps. But the included hard case! I have an Epi case for my J-200, and it’s solid, but the leopard print lining—strangely drawn to it.

Seems like the first batch is going quick. If I were looking for a Junior, I would try to get one for this price.

Again, evil empire. At least it isn’t Uli.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby qersty » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:15 pm

Don't think I have even mentioned this incredibly hype twin maestro fuzz here! (doh!) :omg:
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gila_crisis » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:26 am

Dowi wrote:Sooo.. The new EQD & BORIS collab is a Big Muff.
I'm a sucker for muffs and for Boris.. But GOTTA STAY PEDGE.

https://www.earthquakerdevices.com/hizumitas

Edit: watched the demo and I am unimpressed. Doesn't seem to be a kind of muff I could be interested in.

qersty wrote:New EQD looks sick. Really cool that there is another readily avalible Elk muff! It's a great muff!

I'm also starting getting curious about the Hizumitas, but having already the Earthbound Audio Supercollider... I have feelings that the Supercollider set properly can sound very close to the Hizumitas.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby qersty » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:38 pm

gila_crisis wrote:

Edit: watched the demo and I am unimpressed. Doesn't seem to be a kind of muff I could be interested in.

qersty wrote:New EQD looks sick. Really cool that there is another readily avalible Elk muff! It's a great muff!

I'm also starting getting curious about the Hizumitas, but having already the Earthbound Audio Supercollider... I have feelings that the Supercollider set properly can sound very close to the Hizumitas.

Without teh bunniez?! Wouldn't think so!
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dandolin » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:28 pm

perhaps you'd prefer to take up cave painting? :idk: :snax:

"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:32 pm

:lol:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby cosmicevan » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:59 pm

qersty wrote:
gila_crisis wrote:

Without teh bunniez?! Wouldn't think so!

fuck bunnies. I got a bunny eating up my yard...it's like peter rabbit with me running around with an old pole from our covid above ground swimming pool in my robe freezing my ass off in this brisk fall weather. them pellets are EVERYWHERE!!!!

:picard:
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby echorec » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:55 am

cosmicevan wrote:fuck bunnies. I got a bunny eating up my yard...it's like peter rabbit with me running around with an old pole from our covid above ground swimming pool in my robe freezing my ass off in this brisk fall weather. them pellets are EVERYWHERE!!!!

Sounds like a pretty good time to me. :hobbes:
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:42 am

Behringer is ripping off Mutron trade dress: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g_nDr1d9-Fs
That pisses me off. IP fights are won by the assholes with the deepest pockets, not the best case, so Uli will get away with this shit.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:52 am

yeah, fuxx Behringer - part of me wants the filters from the bARP 2500 series hard (Radigue worship is a real thing), but I ain't doin' it :/
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dub » Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:45 am

Chankgeez wrote:
dub wrote:Have to know how it compares to my Wren & Cuff. Preordered. Haha

I'm interested as well. :thumb: Please, let us know. :snax:

Okay, so this turned up today.

The EQD initially feels like it has more gain, and definitely a shitload more volume. The tone knobs are similar as it works the same as on the original elk, blends between the two EQs and you retain a bit of the other side. I would say the White Elk is more restricted in it's bandwidth, but much nastier on the treble side (lets some horrific hifreq through although the EQD passes more bass even with the treble cranked), bass side very similar. I can get them sounding identical except at the extremes. With the fuzz maxed they don't differ in overall fuzz.

I generally stack into the White Elk, which I run fairly low on the gain. Doing this with the EQD (fuzz even lower) however results in a massive increase in distortion (even without stacking had to roll back my volume knobs to tone match the Elk), so I guess that's less headroom? Weird that the Elk seems to take boosts like a champ. I think the EQD has been tuned a bit for lower freq, maybe had a low pass added to end of the circuit to tame the nasty, but it's a little more usable at all settings, whereas the Elk sounds.... mournful and broken.

I don't know if it's "clearer" than other muffs, as their ad copy is trying to claim (or any clearer than my Elk). Will have to play around with my gain staging and try a few different guitars.

Edit: okay, switched from my Les Paul to the EGC. Sounds massive.
MATAMPS & TRASHED GUITARS
trades: Eric!, johndammit, Holy Schnikes, TheDandy, chatmatt, skullservant, intothegroove, Boxbie, bob the r0bot, sergiomunoz74, Laowiz, DannDubbleEwe, coldbrightsunlight
dub

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:40 am

thanks for the comparo - i remain interested in the jackalop'd one, but now i'm back to thinking i want the White Elk more :snax:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear