Best for sale listing descriptions?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Best for sale listing descriptions?

Postby Velcro Bottom » Tue May 17, 2022 9:08 pm

TLDR version:

My buzz is wearing off and I need more co-fuckin-caine!
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby Velcro Bottom » Tue May 17, 2022 9:16 pm

TLDR version:

My buzz is wearing off and I need more co-fuckin-caine!
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby Velcro Bottom » Tue May 17, 2022 9:26 pm

Post so nice, I made it twice.
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Fri May 27, 2022 4:17 pm

:lol:

Also, this seller's sales listing titles are the best:

https://reverb.com/item/55685414-na-na-na
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dandolin » Fri May 27, 2022 10:22 pm

:lol: hey hey hey, goodbye
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:42 pm

Oh, wait, a trio for youse:

https://reverb.com/item/56209663-authen ... ell-flavor

NSFW: show
I couldn’t tell you anything about these other than they are old and heavy and loud and creamy.

Are you going for that 1993-anime-shaman look? We got you.

Do you need a weapon that goes CHING CHANG CHIME when you swing it at people? This is the purchase for you. Bonus: it will leave a high-quality welt.

This would also work well as auxiliary percussion, or you can hang it from your HH like these weird tik-tok drummers. Play these with your feet while you dip a brush into a bowl or water for that Sheila E sound.

Fast and free shipping.

https://reverb.com/item/56209645-fender ... long-scale

well. to begin at the beginning. I came across a "Fender genuine parts" precision bass body that had been inadvertently overheated in an attempt to "relic" it. this resulted in the body separating into the original three pieces of Alder. I offered to repair the situation and the body somehow became mine to do with as I saw fit. I proceeded to experiment and fell in love with the idea of reversing the wings and seeing how it felt. It felt really good. I bought a DiMarzio DP120BK Model One, 4 Conductor Humbucking Pickup and mounted it on a piece of 3mm Aluminium. I had to prechannel the edge of the lower wing before gluing so that I could access the new Jack socket position in the lower horn and the earth to the bridge. I used the original control pocket reversing the pots to poke through the top of the body. I followed the advice of the DiMarzio Instructions and wired up a DMEP1108 switch to allow for "Dual Sound with Single Coil" switching through an ACC4109 500k tone pot with a 33nf cap and an ACC4111 500k volume pot with treble bleed resistor. as instructed by DM. This gives the choice of Poles in Series, Single coil or Parallel. Nice. I wired it all up through a jack as normal and made sure it all worked. Then I bought a Gotoh 404SJ bridge because I wanted to make it string through body.
I had to drill through the body myself as the original did not allow string through. I aimed very carefully for the chamfer which I had routed round the edge of the body. Neat. I then bought a Fender 51 P Bass 21MN Neck from Thomann. Beautiful. MX21517017. Maple one piece. delicious. I put a set of Gotoh GB640 Tuners. Duralumin, Vintage Specs. 1:28. Bought a set of D'addario EXL170BT Nickel wound 45, 60, 80, 107 Balanced Tension strings. I also made a Truss Rod cover out of 2mm Aluminium, much better than having to remove the scratchplate or unscrew the neck in my humblest of humble opinions. Leo was a genius but he was too into mass production for me. I like William Morris, I really am that old. Then i got into painting the damn thing. I left the neck alone apart from the front of the headstock, no harm done there. The body colour scheme I copied from the wings of the world famous Fireball XL5 rocket ship using the contours of the body to define the pattern. Sealed and Melamine Lacquered then left hanging for a month to cure before assembling and plugging in. I am toying with the idea of making a video with sound for youtube. Not my comfort zone but I suppose you have to try. will let you know. I am also beginning to construct a hardcase to accommodate the extra length of the reversed horns. should take a couple of weeks or so. All questions answered to best of ability. maybe wait for the maybe video. it is really comfy to play so don't worry about that. the belly scoop is perfect for forearm access and the balance is great. I have no idea of the final weight so the postage will have to be negotiated when it becomes an issue. I had to put values in the boxes apparently.

https://reverb.com/item/56182552-histor ... recordings

'm a 2x Grammy Nominated, Multi Platinum Record Producer and this guitar has been used on countless commercially successful and grammy nominated records, the most notable of which are at the bottom of the listing. This guitar, a Road Worn 60's Strat, has been with me since 2009. The hardware and pickups have been modified. I've attached photos of 'Babygirl' in her current state and can provide photos of the guitar in the studio, on tour and on national television over the years. This is an opportunity to own a piece of history with an instrument that has an incredible story to tell. Includes hardshell case and all original hardware/pickups. I'm more than happy to chat with any prospective buyers, please feel free to reach out to me (serious inquiries only please).

Includes hardshell case!

This Stratocaster was used to record all electric guitars on records/albums such as;
P!nk - 'The Truth About Love' - The Truth About Love (Grammy Nominated Album)
P!nk - 'Good Old Days' - The Truth About Love (Grammy Nominated Album)
Daughtry - 'Witness' - Baptized
Backstreet Boys - 'Love Will Keep You Up All Night' - Unbreakable
New Politics - 'One of Us' - Lost in Translation
Tina Arena - 'Love You Less ' - Reset
Tina Arena - 'You Set Fire To My Life' - Reset
Ricki Lee - 'Raining Diamonds' - Fear and Freedom
Ricki Lee - 'Happy Ever After' - Dance In The Rain
Scott Stapp - 'I Will' (Release Date TBD)

Additionally, the guitar was used to record all of the electric guitar parts for every single original song in the new amazon prime animated series, 'Do, Re & Mi', in which I served as songwriter and music supervisor for 52 episodes and over 50 original songs, including the theme song. Also serving as my main guitar for my band/solo project, 'The Bad Dreamers', it was used to track all electric guitars on both studio albums 'Space and Time' and 'Songs About People Including Myself' and used on tour.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dandolin » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:32 pm

CSB'd
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:18 pm

Ah yes, the legendary EarthQuacker Devices! Creators of classic pedals such as the Aquaduck, Quack Ash and…Plumes.

763AAAFC-E145-469D-A0B5-8927A234F465.jpeg
763AAAFC-E145-469D-A0B5-8927A234F465.jpeg (30.46 KiB) Viewed 1491 times
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Thylacine Dream » Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:31 pm

Rushmore T-Style: Brazilian Rosewood, Black Limba, and Maple https://reverb.com/item/34896143-rushmo ... t=34896143

This price, description, and sticker together just slay me
EJ
Bassed in Los Angeles
@punkcrushband @painbehavior @queeraspunk @puzzytuesday
Good deals: Tom Dalton, lawrence scaduto, Ryan, Dan DubblEwe, multi_s, MaxMaps, ianmarks, cantremember
Thylacine Dream

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:30 pm

You may appreciate this one (especially now that they're talkin' about clonin' thylacines):

https://reverb.com/item/60182041-van-di ... fuzz-pedal

The Thylacine Fuzz shares some DNA with the legendary Tonebender mk1.5. This one is wearing a coat of hammered charcoal and houses some NOS OC72 germanium transistors. It's a detailed, chewy, sizzling fuzz with plenty of girth and saturation. It cleans up super quickly with a roll of your guitars volume knob, adding snark and character without killing the dynamics. A lot of love and care goes into a fuzz this complex and alive, and other pedals with this kind of class under the hood fetch thrice the price. Long live the Thylacine.

Van Diemens Ananlogue Audio Disruptors is a one man show operating out of one of Hobart's beach suburbs. Everything inside is hand-wired to a turret board, using robust modern Alpha pots, Switchcraft jacks and an EHX switch inside a Hammond case, paired with NOS and reclaimed parts to deliver outstanding results, channeling the handmade pedals of many decades ago.

Model: Van Diemens AAD Thylacine OC72 Fuzz
Made: Hobart, Australia, 2022 (serial TH007)
Type: fuzz, Tonebender mk1.5 based, Germanium OC72 transistors
Power: 9v battery only (no wall power input)
Mods: none
Accessories: original box and docs, plastic free packaging
Condition notes: brand new with warranty
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Thylacine Dream » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:33 pm

Chankgeez wrote:You may appreciate this one (especially now that they're talkin' about clonin' thylacines):

https://reverb.com/item/60182041-van-di ... fuzz-pedal

The Thylacine Fuzz shares some DNA with the legendary Tonebender mk1.5. This one is wearing a coat of hammered charcoal and houses some NOS OC72 germanium transistors. It's a detailed, chewy, sizzling fuzz with plenty of girth and saturation. It cleans up super quickly with a roll of your guitars volume knob, adding snark and character without killing the dynamics. A lot of love and care goes into a fuzz this complex and alive, and other pedals with this kind of class under the hood fetch thrice the price. Long live the Thylacine.

Van Diemens Ananlogue Audio Disruptors is a one man show operating out of one of Hobart's beach suburbs. Everything inside is hand-wired to a turret board, using robust modern Alpha pots, Switchcraft jacks and an EHX switch inside a Hammond case, paired with NOS and reclaimed parts to deliver outstanding results, channeling the handmade pedals of many decades ago.

Model: Van Diemens AAD Thylacine OC72 Fuzz
Made: Hobart, Australia, 2022 (serial TH007)
Type: fuzz, Tonebender mk1.5 based, Germanium OC72 transistors
Power: 9v battery only (no wall power input)
Mods: none
Accessories: original box and docs, plastic free packaging
Condition notes: brand new with warranty

Ooh yes! Widh I had the disposable income to try out a schmancy Tonebender and rep my fav extinct fauna simultaneously
EJ
Bassed in Los Angeles
@punkcrushband @painbehavior @queeraspunk @puzzytuesday
Good deals: Tom Dalton, lawrence scaduto, Ryan, Dan DubblEwe, multi_s, MaxMaps, ianmarks, cantremember
Thylacine Dream

committed
committed

Postby coupleonapkins » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:42 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Everything inside is hand-wired to a turret board, using robust modern Alpha pots, Switchcraft jacks and an EHX switch

Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:22 pm

Hey, I don't make this stuff up, I just report it here in this thread. :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby John » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:28 pm

Jesus Christ, why would anyone advertise that they used the shittiest switch in the world?
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby coupleonapkins » Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:59 am

Jim Hardin wrote:2 button Overdrive Distortion Pedal Guitar Effector of illegitimate origin.

Pretty much says it all right there and you can see it in the pictures. I don't know if they sent me a factory second but there's paint missing in certain spots that seem kind of odd LOL

My name is Jim Hardin so where it says JH piqued my interest.

I'm going to be honest and say I've never owned a sweet tea. I probably shouldn't even mention the word sweet to hear because this is more of an Arnold Palmer

I can't remember if this came through to me through ninja pedals or where it came from I think it came into the music store I'm not sure where it came from but I see ones online that look a lot like it

Those are from China so I'll say this is from China but I don't know

I think whenever it's a sweet tea reference they're trying to tell you it's an angry Charlie or Charlie Brown with some other Charlie circuit or something so you end up with a brown sound that you know I wouldn't say it was exactly evh but for a hundred bucks starting bid you'll get this one within a couple days

I've seen ones that look similar to this one that come from China that take 45 days to get LOL but that was during covid so

I follow the market pretty closely and I saw [JayAcheYves] clone marketed as a [JayAcheYves] more than once. This is not one of those times you'll ever see that because this is painted a weird Brown not that gold fleck. And with that said I'm told by somebody else that owns one similar to this one is a little better than the ghs because someone has access to better stuff in China than we do currently

Who's heard any nonsense about Russia giving us a hard time for our electronics? I don't know I haven't. I just heard someone kind of muttering it and I'm just repeating that mudder that hey this pedal was made in the country where they still have access to that one particular little piece they don't anymore

And hey they don't care if it looks a lot like a [JayAcheYves] because if you think this is a [JayAcheYves] then you'd be pretty stupid cuz it's nowhere on it doesn't say jhs. In fact I shouldn't say Jay just as many times as I have

This is better than [JayAcheYves] in my opinion even though I've never even had an iced tea to refer to or sweet tea or anything tea. Because this isn't tea this is cheap

But hey the market's coming down maybe you want to save your money for that purebred used pedal that really is no different once it's painted to look the same by some other idiot who never gets caught

This is a two button 11 knob three toggle switch and maybe some internal stuff to switch around or mess with I don't know pedal. And that's what it's marketed as. If you've never had the cascading stacked distortion pedal in one box ,start here.

You're going to end up at zfx eventually. And maybe [JayAcheYves] will come your way. But if you're like me you'll keep one of these around for when you're playing in those seedy backwater places where you bring your other amp and leave your pedal board home. You could seriously do a whole gig of the music I play with just this plugged into a clean amp with a little reverb. Throw in some delay make it a nice night and that wouldn't even cost you 200 bucks to have sitting in front of me trimmed out. It's pretty cheap if you think about it

I believe you can get a brand new version of this just as easy as you can have this one but this one's kind of personalized and a funny way that you can see in the pictures as I said my name is JH and it says JH on it where usually it says something else

Absolutely the best way to experience this battle though is on your pedal board with a nice power source that gives it the juice it wants and some good cables into a greased up Marshall

You might even want to pull out your Frankn strat old guys.

Like I said I'm calling it open box because that's how it came to me. A little bit aware from testing. Never gigged I've got my own already visually modified not for sale

Shipped in a padded box with the Box protected by another box. No envelopes

[content modified for sake of groogle pangling]
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear