Best for sale listing descriptions?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Best for sale listing descriptions?

Postby Dandolin » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:29 pm

https://reverb.com/item/53781944-friedman-be-od-deluxe

"At Sweetwater, we’ve found that having dual channels offers a lot of flexibility — it makes crafting independent rhythm and lead tones a breeze."

had to look @ the listing address to check my theory whether this is a sweetwater warehouse worker's back door quick sale :snax:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:42 pm

Oh, no, that's John from Revere. I guess buskin' with that pedal outside Kelly's Roast Beef didn't work out for him. :lol:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dandolin » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:03 pm

:lol:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Fri May 06, 2022 8:37 am

https://reverb.com/item/46347325-idiotb ... ack-orange

ok, so, nothing to see here, move on, right?

nice, concise description of the pedal's origin and function, a handful of subpar photos, price that seems like it's mildly jacked, hohum meh

but, wait, what's this? demo video? that's what we came for:

gabba gabba yo!
Last edited by Dandolin on Fri May 06, 2022 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri May 06, 2022 10:20 am

:lol:

Purple dude ftw! :!!!:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dandolin » Sun May 08, 2022 9:28 am

hit an email link for a Handsome Audio Zulu on Reverb and found this :snax: :lol:
https://reverb.com/item/54666791-fake-hacked-account
i enjoyed the succinct item description: "My account was hacked and can not delete listings don't buy"
and the on-point photo:
but, i think my fav'rit part was the Reverb inserted tag:
"Looks like someone already grabbed this gear!

Don't fret, we have plenty of gear for you."

it's a shame all his other hacked listings sold - i would have liked to have seen what he had on offer :p
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun May 08, 2022 9:36 am

:lol: :cry:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Sun May 08, 2022 10:55 am

variation on a theme?
https://reverb.com/item/54720563-jakora-kilwa-2019-hxyy

ok, but?
"sdf ds fsdf sdfsd sdfsd sdfsdfgsd gsd sdf ds fsdf sdfsd sdfsd sdfsdfgsd gsd sdf ds fsdf sdfsd sdfsd sdfsdfgsd gsd sdf ds fsdf sdfsd sdfsd sdfsdfgsd gsd sdf ds fsdf sdfsd sdfsd sdfsdfgsd gsd sdf ds fsdf sdfsd sdfsd sdfsdfgsd gsd sdf ds fsdf sdfsd sdfsd sdfsdfgsd gsd sdf ds fsdf sdfsd sdfsd sdfsdfgsd gsd"

not sure, but i would retort "fsdf dsfs gfd!"
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun May 08, 2022 12:11 pm

^^^ that may be the most descriptive listing yet! :lol: :!!!: :trippy:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Sat May 14, 2022 8:43 pm

i live 30 miles away, but it's 30 miles into a whole other world, and the standards of locution are distinctly different. nonetheless, my 'rents lived right there for twenty years, so i feel qualified to confirm - this is how the locals pronounce it :lol:
https://reverb.com/item/23415819-fender-pronceton-112
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat May 14, 2022 8:49 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat May 14, 2022 11:26 pm

ATTN. MANSON FANS:

https://reverb.com/item/54046353-charle ... and-guitar

Charles Manson’s Guitar

This 1930’s Slingerland ‘Songster’ guitar was discovered in an infamous Hollywood mansion's attic, securely wrapped up with several unopened cases of Manson’s album, called LIE, which was released in 1970.
There’s a strong reason to believe that these items were hidden in the mansion’s attic by ‘Squeaky’ Fromme, who had access to the house and attic at the time.
According to Phil Kaufman (producer of Manson’s LIE album), the unopened cases of freshly-manufactured Manson albums (which were discovered in the attic along with the guitar) are the very same cases that were stolen by ‘Squeaky’ Fromme from the garage of Kaufman’s residential headquarters in the early 1970s.
It is believed that with the impending legal cases against her, Miss Fromme stashed Manson's prized albums and guitar in the attic for safe keeping.
She never returned for them.
The Slingerland guitar has a very distinct sound and sounds identical to many of the guitar tracks heard on the LIE album.
Phil Kaufman has verified that this Slingerland ‘Songster’ guitar was Charles Manson’s guitar. Included in the sale is a notorized document signed by Phil Kaufman declaring the guitar to have belonged to Charles Manson.

CONDITION:
The guitar is in good condition. There are several 'wear and tear' marks, scratches, dings and other imperfections. There was an amatuer repair done to the end of the fingerboard where it meets the body, but this does not affect the playability of the instrument.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Sun May 15, 2022 3:03 pm

:wha?:

so how come this thing was stashed in a friggin' hotbox attic for half a century and seems to be sportin' zero cracks, whereas I've got some pieces in a supposedly climate-controlled storage locker that are splittin at anything remotely like a seam? :/
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun May 15, 2022 3:20 pm

:hug: I do not know. Nor do I know why anyone'd want this guitar:

https://reverb.com/item/35349913-gibson ... 15-seafoam

textwall of a description:

NSFW: show
I named it Cryin Shame. Gibson Les Paul Supreme 2015. 100th Anniversary Limited Edition. 2015 would have been Mr. Les Paul's 100th Birthday. Made in USA. Condition is New. AAAA Grade Highly figured flame maple top and back, Select AAA+ Grade mahogany sides and neck, crown mother of pearl inlays on fretboard and mother of pearl inlay on neck, mother of pearl inlays on top hat knobs. The top and back are both carved (radius). The F-holes are cut out (Not painted on). Bigsby B7 Tremolo with vibramate install kit and vibramate spoiler, 492T bridge pickup and Floating Humbucker on neck, Titanium bridge and saddle. I have many extra hard to get parts for this guitar... 1Extra titanium bridge assembly, 3 Extra adjustable nuts (two of them titanium, the others brass). 2 extra grover tuners (one upper and one lower). a $150.00 Gibson leather guitar strap. 2 extra Bigsby b7 springs, extra set of abalone volume knobs (4). Other gold hardware (Original fixed bridge, posts, fasteners, etc...). There were no modifications to this guitar. I did not have to drill extra holes to install the Bigsby B7 Tremolo... and there is rubber and felt between metal and wood parts. This guitar keeps good tuning. Surprisingly, the Bigsby does not throw off the tuning easily when using it frequently. The grover tuners are locking tuners. I'll throw in extra packs of very high quality strings. The Gator Titan case has a water tight rubber seal, you'll love the case, you won't find a better one! I paid over 7,500 for everything combined in this sale, that was in 2015 when the 100th birthday limited edition was made... now they're hard to find. The original hardshell case that came with it was not nearly as strong as the Gator Case, that's why I bought the Gator Case. It's a heavy Guitar, Gibson Les Paul guitars were called "The Log" for a reason. There are no thin materials used on this guitar. The neck is a bit wider than standard for string bends, so the string don't slip off the fret-board if you're bending to emphasize the notes. Mr. Les Paul was born in 1915 so 2015 marks his 100th birthday. Sorry no high definition photos, I have an outdated camera, 9MP only. U.S. Shipping only. Ships in the Gator Titan case and packaged in a box for added protection. Made in USA.
This guitar is in like new condition. A subtle haze on the edge of the main bridge pickup where sweat from my hand laid onto the pickup cover. Same with the Bigsby handle. I have not tried to polish these very subtle blemishes out. I'm a fingerstyle guitarist, so that's where my hand always rested. Everything else is in excellent condition. I never wore a belt buckle or anything with buttons or zippers when I played this guitar. I did much research regarding materials used on this build, and discovered the 7 ply binding is superior regarding durability and will outlast any other binding on the market including exotic woods and all other exotic material. It also prevents shrinking and splitting as well as moisture loss within the edges of the wood. High end Gibson guitars are work-horse guitars of the music industry, and they only go up in value through the years. This is a top of the line Gibson USA Guitar.
I paid $6599.00 for the guitar without all the other extras, from Sweetwater, when this guitar hit the market as a limited edition 100th anniversary guitar. I have 7500 invested in this limited edition, and I'm paying a lot of money in seller fees, shipping, and insurance, so I'm not profiting on my purchase but offering a limited edition for less than I paid for it, so it's a good deal because limited editions go up in price. I have the original receipt from Sweetwater that documents a retail value of $10,998.00 and a final sales price to me for $6599.00 without the extra's that brought my price up to 7500 dollars. I'm the one and only original owner. These are already hard to find and not manufactured anymore. There were a few to choose from when they first hit the market, so I chose the one with the best highly figured grain pattern with the closest matching grain.

More info:

See also:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Sun May 15, 2022 4:46 pm

yeah, that's an untouchable now
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear