Glitchipedia

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Glitchipedia

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:12 am

Cool, cool. I do follow him on IG, but whenever people ask where to buy, he never replies in the comments so I thought he just couldn't be assed. :lol:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:43 am

It's the japanese way of dealing with customers... It takes lot of time and patience :yay:
For example with the Epilepsy between contacting, buying, shipping etc... it took 2 months!
But Taro was so kind and to apologize for the delay, he sent me also a tiny present with the fuzz: a jack cable with a contact microphone :!!!:
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby Lebowsky » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:20 am

gila_crisis wrote:I was almost tempted to get that black Raptio on reverb... but I'll think I wait to get one from Taro/MASF.
For US based people the reverb one maybe has good price, but not for me.
I did the math, considering I don't live in the USA, with shipping, customs, etc... It's a bit cheaper to get one directly from Japan (the new pedal from MASF is 169USD...).

Didn't realize the price was that different on his site. Good thing: seller cancelled my ebay order which was a good $50 more... let us not enrich swiss customs more than needed :lol:

let us know if you see his shop has stock :hello:
Gibson Ripper + GK 1001RB-II / 210RBH / 115RBH + GK 400RB / Bag End S15-D / S15X-D
Lebowsky

committed
committed

Postby K2000 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:17 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:I totally saw that in my feed, checked my bank account, went to buy it and it had sold. It all happened in maybe 30 seconds and it was a true emotional roller-coaster. :lol:

Did they list it twice? The link I posted says “sold” but Reverb’s ‘similar items’ shows a black Raptio available, same photo and same price.

:idk:
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby cosmicevan » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:25 pm

seems like the seller has some stock.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:38 am

Line6 released a new firmware update for the whole HX family with 2 new glitchy delay offerings:

Tesselator: Line 6 Original. Tesselator is part morphing delay, part loop sampler, part drone machine... it's stellar for creating rhythmic pads, textures, or pitch/filter ramp effects to play over and has been placed in the Delay category so you can run multiple instances at once. Once audio is captured and repeating, you can effectively transition/morph between two states—First and Last, each with its own time, speed/pitch, HP filter, and LP filter—by applying increasing amounts to each repeat until the target settings are reached.

Ratchet: Line 6 Original buffer sampler/delay. Used to capture and loop a short snippet of audio (whose length is determined by the Time parameter) while the block is enabled. Great for rhythmic stutter effects. You could almost consider Ratchet a simplified version of Tesselator, where the audio is captured AFTER the footswitch press, not before. (Note: shortest delay time are 50ms)
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby Dandolin » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:47 am

interesting :snax:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:02 am

Dandolin wrote:interesting :snax:

yes indeed! I have to better investigate the Tesselator, but the Ratchet it's a bit like the a polite version of MASF Raptio (but without all the degenerative manipulations Raptio is capable of).

I got the GlouGlou Loupé the other day! I'm still learning how to use it, as there are some deep and complex things which you can do with it, but this is also a joyful playground for glitch-madness!
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby cosmicevan » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:23 pm

I just found a dwarfcraft momento and although just a kill switch with a memory option it gets super glitchy sounding, VERY impressed.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:05 am

Finally I was able to get (directly from MASF Japan) a BLACK Raptio!
I own the white Raptio since 2014, and over the years it just became my main and most (ab)used glitch/freeze pedal.

Anyhow, there is a pedal I would like to have some opinions from you dear fellas: the Malekko Charlie Foxtrot.
How does is hold in 2022? I never tried one, but I wondered about getting one many times.
Beside the Raptio I do also own a Bananana Mandala (first version) and Bakfram/Baklengs.

26AA5B5A-B87B-4D63-8769-FA58E489696F.jpeg
26AA5B5A-B87B-4D63-8769-FA58E489696F.jpeg (102.33 KiB) Viewed 1587 times
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby cosmicevan » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:53 pm

I adore my Charlie Foxtrot, but it's one of those pedals that I found a sound and pretty much haven't changed the knobs since so I can't speak to how it fairs beyond that one sound I love. That sound is just glitch out when clicked on. I enjoy running it after a drone.

Some day, I'll twist the knobs...but until then...
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:41 pm

Charlie Foxtrot is unique. The only other pedal that does what it does is a ReVolver on Auto mode. Its basically filling the buffer and dumping it at a regular rate which sounds very synthy and electronic. Super fun sound to play with.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:46 am

I eventually got a Charlie Foxtrot and itis indeed a very cool pedal!
Maybe I only miss the ability to indifinetely sustain the effect (but for that there are the Raptios and the Mandala), but I love the odd sounds the CF can generate, especially with very short buffer and duration times it transforms the guitar into a synth pad run thru a ring modulator!
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Previous

Return to General Gear