DOD Collection!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: DOD Collection!

Postby the raytownian » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:32 am

Yeap.

It is a DOD Grind distortion: A noisy (in the bad way), inexplicably low-output OD/distortion. For many years, I was disappointed that it wasn't another Grunge, Death Metal, Corrosion, etc. I eventually came around to it, though, once I learned to understand it a little better. What it lacks in "DOD-extreme" distortion and decibels, it makes up for with a rumbling-yet-defined low-end boost (the low EQ is even labeled "RUMBLE"), with enough treble on tap from the high EQ to give it some compensatory grit.
the raytownian

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby lost in music » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:18 am

This manual is pretty off the rails.

This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby Davin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:19 am

Somehow I thought I had more of these ... do old Digitech pedals count?

Bonus points: I had the Flanger in the effects loop of the Rubberneck for some DOD on DOD action.

llull1.bandcamp.com
Davin

committed
committed

Postby friendship » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:45 am

daedelus23 wrote:Somehow I thought I had more of these ... do old Digitech pedals count?

Bonus points: I had the Flanger in the effects loop of the Rubberneck for some DOD on DOD action.

YEAH BOI

CORROSION IN LOOP NEXT
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby TheTransient » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:06 pm

Now up to four three pedals.

Original Gronkulator
Reissue Gronkulator
FX90 Analogue Delay
Last edited by TheTransient on Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheTransient

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:11 am

I have one of the rarest DOD pedals ever because 1. There were only 10 made this way 2. They were never for sale retail anywhere. I’m talking about the Freqout run that Tom had me do. Inverted, laser engraved with Cermark. If you take really good care of your stuff. Cermark last forever. Anyway, I love the pedal and it is in a safe place. I’m planning on putting it in a shadow box once I complete my basement.

I wish I had more DOD stuff though. I have some of the newer ones but I haven’t used any older model DOD pedals in a decade probably. I need to change that.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Tom Von Kramm » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:09 pm

Jwar wrote:I have one of the rarest DOD pedals ever because 1. There were only 10 made this way 2. They were never for sale retail anywhere. I’m talking about the Freqout run that Tom had me do. Inverted, laser engraved with Cermark. If you take really good care of your stuff. Cermark last forever. Anyway, I love the pedal and it is in a safe place. I’m planning on putting it in a shadow box once I complete my basement.

I have one too man. I wish there had been time to do more, but then the whole Samsung thing blew up. I really enjoyed working with you on that project.
Hi I'm Tom Cram, I'm the Main Dude at Spiral Electric FX.
Tom Von Kramm

committed
committed

Postby Jero » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:27 pm

First pedal I ever tried was a Grunge, like several people I'm sure.

Down to just two DOD pedals...Still have one of my Death Metals and then the Rubberneck. Have had the Hard Rock, Octoplus, FX-17 wah, one of the red distortions, the American Metal, some envelope filter...maybe others? Kind of wish I still had the Hard Rock, but I'll probably build something to give me what I liked+what it lacked, one of these days.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby K2000 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:29 pm

I have a bunch - Meat Box (original and reissue), Buzz Box, Death Metal, Vibrothang, Gonkulator reissue, resistance mixer (2), Rubberneck, and I've had a bunch more that I sold (250, etc).

I'd really like a Phasor reissue but I'm looking for a deal (or a steal).

My first pedal was a Supra Distortion - pretty terrible. Even so, I'm a big DOD fan.
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jero » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:41 pm

K2000 wrote:I have a bunch - Meat Box (original and reissue), Buzz Box, Death Metal, Vibrothang, Gonkulator reissue, resistance mixer (2), Rubberneck, and I've had a bunch more that I sold (250, etc).

I'd really like a Phasor reissue but I'm looking for a deal (or a steal).

My first pedal was a Supra Distortion - pretty terrible. Even so, I'm a big DOD fan.

Supra Distortion! Agreed. I had one of those, and the Gonk reissue as well. Forgot about that. Wouldn't mind trying the Gonk again some time.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ck3 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:04 pm

There was a point over a decade ago during which I purchased and unloaded a number of classic DOD pedals, many of which were more desirable 90's units (e.g., Buzz Box and Meat Box). I ended up repurchasing the FX52 Classic Fuzz when one turned up for a better price on Reverb and have yet to procure another affordable FX76 Punkifier. My current DOD collection is mostly reissues and newer models purchased during Harman liquidation sales.

I recall there being a 2-knob version of the Supra that actually sounded decent.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Mark of the Beast » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:35 pm

Here's my collection. These get me psyched and inspired to play. The one with the BEE sticker is a Grunge pedal that I stripped the paint off of and modded. It's now more of an overdrive that retains a lot of low end. It's great for heavy guitar and bass.

Also note that the PDS 1550 has DOD footplates but the DigiTech name.DOn't worry it still has the dumbass power jacks.

Lots of rad pedals in the PDS line. This pedal is a 2 channel distortion with a DOD 250 variant overdrive in one channel and a BOSS HM2 in the other. It's got 3 trim pots and 7 switches on the back that lets you add Delay to thicken up the sound plus turn on filters and bass boosts. There's some info here: https://electricdruid.net/digitech-pds- ... -analysis/
Mark of the Beast

committed
committed

Postby Tall Walls » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:20 pm

I had a dream last night where I was looking at a case of pedals and saw a DOD Milk Box priced at $9.999.98. I crawled inside the case and found a large storeroom with stacks of DOD pedals in their boxes. One of them was a DOD/Way Huge collaboration that featured nine separate delay lines. The box described it as sounding like "hell inside a snare drum."
Tall Walls

committed
committed

Postby retinal orbita » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:44 pm

When I got my Milk Box I found it on Kijiji (Canadian Craigslist) for $80 and the guy lived down the street from the hospital I work at. I texted him “can I come by in 10 minutes?” and ran over and got it within an hour of the ad being posted.

Now that was ONE FOR THE BOOKS (milk books?)
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby qersty » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:25 am

the pds1550 sounds like such a dis-rocker pedal
retinal orbita wrote:When I got my Milk Box I found it on Kijiji (Canadian Craigslist) for $80 and the guy lived down the street from the hospital I work at. I texted him “can I come by in 10 minutes?” and ran over and got it within an hour of the ad being posted.

Now that was ONE FOR THE BOOKS (milk books?)

80 bucks? dude..
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear