Ring (and/or Balanced) Modulation for the masses



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Ring (and/or Balanced) Modulation for the masses

Postby Dandolin » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:41 pm

:lol:
I Fuzz
Dandolin

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10458
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: On the pharm in PA

Re: Ring (and/or Balanced) Modulation for the masses

Postby lost in music » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:52 pm

Took the plunge and ordered a - how you say - Randall's Revenge? What are some interesting ring mod pedal pairings? It's been years since I sold my MF Ring and tbh I didn't spend enough time with it.

I know I should just read through this entire thread as penance but ILF is loading slow as hell these days.
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:43 am
Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Re: Ring (and/or Balanced) Modulation for the masses

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:12 pm

:)* :lol:

I like an octave pedal with ring mod and also a delay pedal. :idk: :snax: :love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 40840
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am
Location: youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Re: Ring (and/or Balanced) Modulation for the masses

Postby qersty » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:00 am

ring mod with filtery delay is the goatest
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:11 am
Location: Sweden to the oldies

Re: Ring (and/or Balanced) Modulation for the masses

Postby Dandolin » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:28 am

good ones! :group: ring mod after swelling droney grindy Industrialectric RM-1n (cuz, why not gild the lily?) and also darkling warblers like the F.C. Shallow Water or the Earthquaker Rainbow Machine in certain settings. But it would probably sound awesome to ring mod the rainbow spew settings too (i need to try that to gild more lilies)....
I Fuzz
Dandolin

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10458
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: On the pharm in PA

Re: Ring (and/or Balanced) Modulation for the masses

Postby MrNovember » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:48 am

Dandolin wrote:good ones! :group: ring mod after swelling droney grindy Industrialectric RM-1n (cuz, why not gild the lily?) and also darkling warblers like the F.C. Shallow Water or the Earthquaker Rainbow Machine in certain settings. But it would probably sound awesome to ring mod the rainbow spew settings too (i need to try that to gild more lilies)....

I have been gassing so bad for a Shallow Water and would love to see how it would pair with my Randy’s Revenge. Never thought to pair my Rainbow Machine with it for some reason. Now that I think about it, those two should work wonders together. I guess I have something to do this weekend
MrNovember

User avatar
Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF
 
Posts: 5268
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:24 pm
Location: GTA

Re: Ring (and/or Balanced) Modulation for the masses

Postby Dandolin » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:24 pm

:joy: :snax:
I Fuzz
Dandolin

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10458
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: On the pharm in PA

Re: Ring (and/or Balanced) Modulation for the masses

Postby Dowi » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:22 pm

One of my favorite pairings is to put some kind of pitch modulation like a vibrato into a ring mod. It makes it Alive. A slow flanger before ring mods is good too.
Another fun one is to put an extremely clean and bell-like ring mod into a polyphonic octaver and push the lower octaves ringing low freq droning.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2484
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:12 am
Location: Italy

Re: Ring (and/or Balanced) Modulation for the masses

Postby Dandolin » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:31 pm

Dandolin wrote: :joy: :snax:
Last edited by Dandolin on Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Fuzz
Dandolin

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10458
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: On the pharm in PA

Re: Ring (and/or Balanced) Modulation for the masses

Postby goosekevin » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:39 am

MrNovember wrote:
Dandolin wrote:good ones! :group: ring mod after swelling droney grindy Industrialectric RM-1n (cuz, why not gild the lily?) and also darkling warblers like the F.C. Shallow Water or the Earthquaker Rainbow Machine in certain settings. But it would probably sound awesome to ring mod the rainbow spew settings too (i need to try that to gild more lilies)....

I have been gassing so bad for a Shallow Water and would love to see how it would pair with my Randy’s Revenge. Never thought to pair my Rainbow Machine with it for some reason. Now that I think about it, those two should work wonders together. I guess I have something to do this weekend


have been using these three together a lot recently, very obsessed. rainbow machine has been vital to me over the last few years. then added the shallow water which was also so perfect, i sometimes get frustrated at the limitations but ultimately love what it does. recently got a randy and its been v fun and interesting to play around with - its definitely my favourite tremolo i have ever used. anyway the three together is sick
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 2232
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:25 pm
Location: NSW Australia

Re: Ring (and/or Balanced) Modulation for the masses

Postby Dandolin » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:17 am

:ilfreak:
I Fuzz
Dandolin

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10458
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: On the pharm in PA

Re: Ring (and/or Balanced) Modulation for the masses

Postby qersty » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:03 pm

Here is a good one: Put a grean ringer after a ring mod. Hilarity ensures!
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:11 am
Location: Sweden to the oldies

Re: Ring (and/or Balanced) Modulation for the masses

Postby Dandolin » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:49 am

Image
I Fuzz
Dandolin

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10458
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: On the pharm in PA

Re: Ring (and/or Balanced) Modulation for the masses

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:44 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 40840
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am
Location: youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Re: Ring (and/or Balanced) Modulation for the masses

Postby Dandolin » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:42 pm

:lol:
I Fuzz
Dandolin

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10458
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: On the pharm in PA

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Chankgeez, Google [Bot], qersty and 9 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)



ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.