· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:14 pm

:lol:

:erm: That looks like a gun safe. :idk: :engarde:

Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:54 pm

yar - but mebbe there's a surprise in there? :idk: :lol: hope springs eternal

Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:53 pm

very happy with all of my dirt pedals and perhaps have too many but dont want to sell any but still i desperately want a v2 halberd

Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:54 am

goosekevin wrote:very happy with all of my dirt pedals and perhaps have too many but dont want to sell any but still i desperately want a v2 halberd

Woah, it's like you just read my mind. :wha?:

Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:56 pm

vidret wrote:
goosekevin wrote:very happy with all of my dirt pedals and perhaps have too many but dont want to sell any but still i desperately want a v2 surveyor

yes.

that too!

Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:24 am

goosekevin wrote:very happy with all of my dirt pedals and perhaps have too many but dont want to sell any but still i desperately want a v2 halberd

made it happen. should have not too long in the new year!

Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:52 pm

goosekevin wrote:

A detailed report is required :snax:

Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:52 pm

[70s jazz fusion content warning, but this post is about gear, s'truth]

Ladies and gentlemen, may we present to you...The Guitarorganizer

from Barry Finnerty (then of The Brecker Brothers):

"I had made a little extra money dealing weed that year, so I plowed all of it into having a new axe put together, the "Guitorganizer". It was a combination of a Black Beauty Les Paul (reissue), a B3 organ-like tone generator that was triggered by wired frets and went through a Leslie speaker, interfaced with an Arp Odyssey monophonic synthesizer, which went through its own separate amplifier. It made one ungodly racket, I can assure you!"

ah, the sober side of the weed trade :p

As heard on an album with one of the most ridiculous (and patently false) album titles ever (and most cringeworthy album covers to boot), "Heavy Metal Be-Bop"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx2DsFOvXqw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0oY_47pwJ8
gotta say, though, sounds pretty Hammondy (there was no keyboard player listed for the live band on this cut, though the credits on Discogs seem to cop to there being some studio overdubs on the "live tracks, and you can definitely hear some keyboardy comping mixed low under the guitar solo, so who really knows? Barry?)
:idk:
it's one way of skinning a cat

Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:44 am

Dowi wrote:
goosekevin wrote:

A detailed report is required :snax:

have only had it a couple days but so far im super stoked!! i really like the way it sounds and it lives up to the hype i had for it. main impression is that it made me play a bunch of different things than i usually play and i have been enjoying playing with it a lot!

was expecting to really adore the clang mode most of all but im vibing more with the middle/lower settings. i think that playing out of an amp and into into a simplifier/headphones would probably make it better. would also love to hear the clang mode in a band context.

sounds rad behind my MAYBE and going into my TAFM, i like the way it works with other pedals a lot.

Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:37 pm

goosekevin wrote:have only had it a couple days but so far im super stoked!! i really like the way it sounds and it lives up to the hype i had for it. main impression is that it made me play a bunch of different things than i usually play and i have been enjoying playing with it a lot!

was expecting to really adore the clang mode most of all but im vibing more with the middle/lower settings. i think that playing out of an amp and into into a simplifier/headphones would probably make it better. would also love to hear the clang mode in a band context.

sounds rad behind my MAYBE and going into my TAFM, i like the way it works with other pedals a lot.

thanks for the report! ifor the demos i thought it sounded great especially at low to mid gain settings, but mostly i liked how it reacted when pushed by other stuff. :thumb:

Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:01 pm

I sold a pedal on Reverb for a fair price - more than what I paid for it, but less than other (overpriced IMO) listings. It sold in less than one day. Now it’s listed by the buyer for almost double what he bought it for. Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz V1. Sold for $80 including shipping, now $149 plus shipping. I guess I should have charged more? That’s a $60 fuzz. If you’re spending $149, get an Earthquaker Devices or other quality fuzz, not Danelectro. I guess I should be more cutthroat about it, or whatever?

Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:41 pm

The Frantone clone? It was cool, I guess, but I dunno that anyone is still consumed with that one. Rarity for a quickly discontinued overseas mass-production clone of a boutique pedal is supposed to be the “buy me” hook? Okay, I just saw what’s being asked for the only Peach Fuzz on reverb, but still. The circuit is known and contains no unobtanium.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:42 pm

K2000 wrote:I sold a pedal on Reverb for a fair price - more than what I paid for it, but less than other (overpriced IMO) listings. It sold in less than one day. Now it’s listed by the buyer for almost double what he bought it for. Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz V1. Sold for $80 including shipping, now $149 plus shipping. I guess I should have charged more? That’s a $60 fuzz. If you’re spending $149, get an Earthquaker Devices or other quality fuzz, not Danelectro. I guess I should be more cutthroat about it, or whatever?

I saw a scuffed up EHX Holy Grail Plus for $50 shipped on eBay the other day, only to see that exact one reappear a week later for $100 on Reverb. But I can see how Reverb sellers just like to corner their prices around what is happening on Reverb, so the margin of value is always goosed toward insanity and lack of purchasing restraint/GAS attack, moreso for OMG OOP Don't You Know What This Is? territory.

I haven't sold much gear lately, but I always was sure to set it up for reasonable offers, which paid off in the end (I have less gear and more money, someone else now has more gear and less money). I try not to worry about it, unless I happen to want to buy that piece of gear somewhere down the line (prune your watchlist, everybody!).

But I did get an email from Reverb direct around the holidays, offering me to sell a Moogerfooger pedal that climbed 249% in resale price since the day I originally bought it....

I had to laff not to cry, since it was long, long gone :cry:

Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:11 pm

I sold a Pladask pedal for a reasonable price a while ago on Reverb. Knew exactly what would happen but was still disappointed when I saw them flipping it :cry:

Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:00 pm

Few months back, I traded a 3leaf Groove Regulator on Reddit for a decent but kinda shitty reverb and a Robotalk 2 -- I was willing to be a sucker because I only paid like $160 for it years ago, and I saw in the guy's Reddit profile his dog had died recently, and so had mine Image

But then he was offering it for other trades before I even shipped it out, and then I saw it hit Reverb for enough money to buy a small synth :facepalm:
Post a reply