Postby qersty » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:25 am

you use the digit as a headphone amp?
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Setup of the day thread?

Postby gila_crisis » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:02 am

out of curiosity I did a check on reverb.com... there are already 3 second hand Baklengs there... for the pepper pirce of 500$!!!!
And Bakfram is going between 400-500 Usd.... what's worng with this MAD people??!?!?!?! :picard:
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby manymanyhaha » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:15 am

Agreed. Baklengs is great, glad I jumped on it but $500 is absurd
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:54 am

qersty wrote:you use the digit as a headphone amp?

I wish. I have a headphone amp tucked into the back of the stand. I have started using the Beebo on a stand with the headphone amp tucked in as my portable practice rig. I use it mostly to explore Beebo since it changes so regularly and I can only use it relatively basically, but I've been really enjoying the Loopler for jamming. Beebo becomes an incredible practice tool with everything in there. I found the learning curve to be steep, but I've had it for a while and he's improved it so drastically that it's probably a bit easier to digest these days...plus there are many more tutorials out there.

Agreed on the pedal flipping non-sense. It's a big disappointment, but kind of expected in humanity. Pedalz is popular these days and with that comes the ol' supply/demand BS.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:44 pm

Starting to familiarize myself with Søvenløs in a more focused manner.

solo (mostly ambient): https://heraclitusakimbo.bandcamp.com/
duo (electroacoustic vibration exploration): https://wenderlypark.bandcamp.com/
trio (tapes/voice/clarinet/synth/poems): https://ourwaytofall.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/

I also help co-ordinate Okta, ILF's collaborative community ambient project: https://okta.bandcamp.com
Heraclitus Akimbo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:33 pm

Heraclitus Akimbo wrote:Starting to familiarize myself with Søvenløs in a more focused manner.

i approve this setup, particularly the lighthouse pic for inspiration. :idea:
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gila_crisis » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:16 pm

Tonight's mini board, with baritone guitar and then straight into a mixer.
907A2DB1-E1B6-484E-AA5D-6599CFC5528C.jpeg
907A2DB1-E1B6-484E-AA5D-6599CFC5528C.jpeg (107.27 KiB) Viewed 2435 times
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby the_bright_undead » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:39 pm

gila_crisis wrote:Tonight's mini board, with baritone guitar and then straight into a mixer.
907A2DB1-E1B6-484E-AA5D-6599CFC5528C.jpeg

Gila - I picked up an allora last month largely based on your youtube demo. it was pricey, i hemmed and hawed for a couple months before finally getting one, but it replaced all my other fuzzes immediately. so good, so worth it!
killer setup :!!!:
good dealings: laowiz, ianmarks, stomping stones, weebles, Errant Tiger, radish, themeanreds, K2000, Never
the_bright_undead

committed
committed

Postby gila_crisis » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:39 am

the_bright_undead wrote:Gila - I picked up an allora last month largely based on your youtube demo. it was pricey, i hemmed and hawed for a couple months before finally getting one, but it replaced all my other fuzzes immediately. so good, so worth it!
killer setup :!!!:

You're welcome!!! Yes, the Allora is a wonderful fuzz. I know, Spiral Electric FX are pricy pedals, but Worth evey cent. Build quality is top notch and the sound you get out of it just delicious.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby cosmicevan » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:53 pm

Fun exploratory board of Dwarfcraft Dirt...excited to fill that gap this week.

The ECT has become a favorite. The many nuances are really interesting to compare.

•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:53 am

that's a lot of thunderers - which's yer fave? :snax:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:01 am

The other day I set up my drum machine and analog synth in such a way that I could record the MIDI output of each, plus each individual out of the drums, and a send of the synth through a few pedals. Then I built drones and drum patterns of them while recording. I've never live-jammed on two instruments like that before. It was really satisfying having 6 audio tracks and 2 MIDI tracks to play with after I hit stop. I should do this more often.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:17 am

Dandolin wrote:that's a lot of thunderers - which's yer fave? :snax:

Silver rose by a mile. ECT is incredible as well, the various incarnations have slight nuances…the shiva is pretty incredible and unique as well. Just got a great destroyer and that one is mind bogglingly good.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:38 pm

I've been on a big overdrive kick. Mostly with a focus on guitar, but definitely loving bass with OD. I have this thought that I was to put together a dedicated board for guitar so I've been doing lots of side-by-side comparisons and just jamming with different stuff

Here's the current setup for exploration.

For guitar, it seems like nothing compares to the f.ck. It's just sooo good in every way and although some of them can get close, I find that I am really dialing them in to try and match the amazing sounds I get out of the f.ck. It feels like playing through some marshall stacks...just such sick overdrive with that f.ck. I was really surprised to find that my #2 is probably the lil' fella. For the longest time, I've been enamored with the Total Spack Vibes, and I still am...but it is more of a crisp and clean OD whereas the lil' fella kinda gets you into the f.ck territory.

When it comes to bass, the Dunwich ODB still has my heart. I pulled the bigger version out of the comparisons because I really came to the conclusion that the big guy and the little guy sound the same with some very nuanced differences likely from part tolerance variation...the voicing differences that I initially perceived are negligible at best and can be dialed out with minor adjustments to make them sound exact. I also found myself really loving the Dirged out Golden Guillotine. Leveraging the Dirge knobs to sag the voltage, it gives the OD a really drawn out tail making sustained notes have an almost horn like quality in the decay. When I dial in to be normal golden guillotine settings, it still has some of that magic, but it is less drawn out. Sounds like total poopie if you want to play fast with it, but for slow drawn out parts, it might be my favorite.

The Silver Rose is there just cause it is the meanest most awesome dirt box I have and I love it so much that I like to see how it mixes with the other ODs since the Silver Rose will likely be on whatever the final guitar board is.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby qersty » Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:19 am

what's the sunray?
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext