Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby Paul_C » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:20 am

echorec wrote:
Paul_C wrote:The Wombtone arrived at last, so I took off the least used pedal (blooper).

Cool. Stereo, series...two chains for two instruments?

They were just in series, starting with the Gen Loss II and ending with the Mood.

I've put them all away for 2023 and I'm concentrating on playing guitar for a while. I've got some gigs coming up with an old friend and decided to have a rest from recording and playing with pedals, so I've just got an old Vox Tonelab ST into an amp set up. Makes a nice change from juggling power supplies and patch leads !

No doubt once I get that out of my system I'll be back to pedals with renewed excitement, or something.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby goroth » Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:08 pm

cosmicevan wrote:
goroth wrote:
Monarch wrote:jwar

I went on a bit of a hunt to see where he'd gone and too make sure things were ok a while back. I came up pretty empty. Seems to have abandoned any means of comms that I knew about, but I wasn't more than a friendly internet acquaintance so it wasn't like I had email or phone number.

I spoke to him on IG recently. He's still just buying fuck loads of custom knives.
I'll have to ask him if there is one he's flipped 11 times.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Pepe » Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:27 pm

goroth wrote:I'll have to ask him if there is one he's flipped 11 times.

:lol:

Next time greet him from us, please! :group:
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:02 pm

Pepe wrote:Next time greet him from us, please! :group:

^^^ That. :group:

goroth wrote:I'll have to ask him if there is one he's flipped 11 times.

I think "flipped" has a different meaning in the knife world. :engarde:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Christophe » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:01 pm

Here's an update on my stereo board. The other one is still undergoing some changes - I have a Romferd and T-120 in the mail!- I'll post later.
This is the board I use for performing with theater plays, or rescoring films live.

signal path: TU--> rehoused Expandora --> Blooper --> Bitquest --> PS2 --> OC3 --> Aby Baby --> Raster 2 --> Gen Loss
--> Rooms --> 1440 --> Left output: Memory Loss

I made room by using the Expandora instead of two pedals for gain, and Raster 2 replaced a DD5.
The dmc is controlling Blooper.
I had been using the Raster on my mono board, mainly as a device with fixed presets. Now that I've been using it here in stereo, I'm in a totally different mindset with it, tweaking it more. It sounds really good like that, and I can set reverse delay on only one side (what I was doing with the DD5), and I still have a lot to experiment.
The fresh Gen Loss feels great, I'm using it for mod, filter (so powerful), freeze, and tape stop. Still testing it, cos it's also a great desktop device, and the Drolo strands could be a great addition to that board -if I manage to snag one next time.
This whole thing is a blast, it feels like one single machine with tons of features!
"It's wrong but it works."
Christophe

committed
committed

Postby Christophe » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:44 am

And that's the main board:

Signal chain is what you see, except for the Avalanche Run which is last in the chain.
Super stoked! Mostly pedals I've been using for a long time now and super inspiring. Latest additions are Romferd and the T-120. The T-120 is like an echo dream 2 with tap and more advanced modulation. Great stacker with anything. Romferd is so cool, I think it kicked out the warped Vinyl for good. The only 2 spots that might change are the sd-1 (still find a bit too mid-rangey, maybe a mini will be better), and Bit commander. Kind of getting tired of that sound. I'd like to bring the micro-synth back but it's too big. Maybe the Ricochet.
Christophe

committed
committed

Postby Christophe » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:29 am

vidret wrote:
These boards are both pretty great.

It's always fun to see all this hype stuff right next to a straight up rat or boss OD.

Thanks. Yeah, that board has been evolving for 5 years or so, it’s like a lab. So there’s good old boss, circuit bent stuff, and high end boutique. Yet they all blend so well together. The interaction is endless. The PS2 is really something. It sounds so fat and clear, I haven’t found that with other delays. The oscillation is probably the craziest ever, and sending it into Raster in stereo is nuts! I could do that all day.
Christophe

committed
committed

Postby Dowi » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:14 am

Christophe wrote:Here's an update on my stereo board. The other one is still undergoing some changes - I have a Romferd and T-120 in the mail!- I'll post later.
This is the board I use for performing with theater plays, or rescoring films live.

signal path: TU--> rehoused Expandora --> Blooper --> Bitquest --> PS2 --> OC3 --> Aby Baby --> Raster 2 --> Gen Loss
--> Rooms --> 1440 --> Left output: Memory Loss

I made room by using the Expandora instead of two pedals for gain, and Raster 2 replaced a DD5.
The dmc is controlling Blooper.
I had been using the Raster on my mono board, mainly as a device with fixed presets. Now that I've been using it here in stereo, I'm in a totally different mindset with it, tweaking it more. It sounds really good like that, and I can set reverse delay on only one side (what I was doing with the DD5), and I still have a lot to experiment.
The fresh Gen Loss feels great, I'm using it for mod, filter (so powerful), freeze, and tape stop. Still testing it, cos it's also a great desktop device, and the Drolo strands could be a great addition to that board -if I manage to snag one next time.
This whole thing is a blast, it feels like one single machine with tons of features!

Sick board. Raster is nuts, but I still have some difficulties tweaking it on the fly, not much for when I use it as delay, but when I use it for pure modulation. It will definitely benefit a volume knob, not only a mix knob for that. When summing more than 1 line for chorusey/comb filtering I often get a volume boost which can be annoying when I turn it on and off.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Christophe » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:45 am

Dowi wrote:
Sick board. Raster is nuts, but I still have some difficulties tweaking it on the fly, not much for when I use it as delay, but when I use it for pure modulation. It will definitely benefit a volume knob, not only a mix knob for that. When summing more than 1 line for chorusey/comb filtering I often get a volume boost which can be annoying when I turn it on and off.

Well I'm still digging... The fact that Raster is 2 delay lines + hidden functions + 3 destinations for modulation means a lot to process to really master that pedal inside and out. But I've found very cool stuff while experimenting with it.
I just wish the time knob would allow pitch shifting, like the ps2. It would open possibilities for tweaking it on the fly.
Christophe

committed
committed

Postby Paul_C » Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:28 am

Current setup

The Wombtone is set to sound more like a vibrato than a phaser and sounds lovely.

Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:16 pm

Mini setup for an upcoming MuloMuto concert!
56A5E7CD-3053-4F27-BA74-1ED072CC85A4.jpeg
56A5E7CD-3053-4F27-BA74-1ED072CC85A4.jpeg (97.48 KiB) Viewed 2494 times
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:30 am

D.o.S. wrote:
Pepe wrote:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Ahem, from whomst?. Which threewordname user?

I suppose that OAM is oldangelmidnight.

For anyone looking for a recap at home: the twist is that CBS is the one who sent him the Mel9 :lol:

Oh, dookie! My abbreviation game is weak.

gila_crisis wrote:Mini setup for an upcoming MuloMuto concert!
56A5E7CD-3053-4F27-BA74-1ED072CC85A4.jpeg

Ouuf, that black Raptio. :drool:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Stonergrunge » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:50 am

This is a potential second pedalboard, although that condition will depend on whether I can find a preamp/overdrive that works well with the Foxy Tone or not... I like to combine the Foxy with my amp's OD but unfortunately my amplifier doesn't have an effects loop and that is a problem when I want to add the rhythmic guitar section I have stored in my looper during solos.
Last edited by Stonergrunge on Tue May 09, 2023 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Stonergrunge

involved
involved

Postby Zork » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:22 pm

Woah, cool! I want a Foxy Tone too. I already have a DIY Tone Machine but that velvet stuff is just too awesome and I have the feeling the Foxy Tone is a bit wilder than other Tone Machine copies/variants.
My Tone Machine works well with both my Blues Driver and Caline Pure Sky which is a Timmy clone.
Zork

committed
committed

Postby Zork » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:29 pm

Here's one of my two pedalboards:

Latest additions are the Merkin Fuzz, Supa Puss and EQ. I love all if them.

To the right I have another small pedal board with a volume pedal, tuner, looper and overdrive. In between them I sometimes place a fuzz like Big Muff or Fuzz Face or so.
Zork

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear