Can we talk about modular synths?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby vidret » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:54 am

I dig these subtle filtering stuff in feedback patches, as when you use high- or low-pass you very quickly get ONLY THAT, but (using the 3sis filter) with the pseudo-allpass stuff you get some interesting stuff happening that is fairly controllable (but imo not very interesting in a normal patch, as it seems to do almost nothing)
vidret

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:38 am

yeah definitely - or sometimes just throwing a passive filter in the loop like the lil Bastl Propust....

speaking of feedback loops, i've been thinking about grabbing an Instruo Tanh as a limiter/saturation add-on to clean delays - but is there anything else similar i should check out?
I Fuzz
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JTurbide » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:48 pm

Just got a Qubit Nebulae V2 on reverb :joy:

I am now waiting for:
Rossum Control Forge
Qubit Nebulae
Erica Sample Drum
Wmd SSM
AJH variable buffer

:!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

Big spending spree and reconfiguration of my system with the acquisition of an Orgone Accumulator, AJH Gemini and AJH entropic doom like two weeks ago. Sold a few things and have a few more to sell, also I will be 2hp short to fit all my modules so maybe I'll get a bigger pod than the pod30 I have right now or something but yeah... :)*
JTurbide

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:04 pm

Oh man, the Nebulae is one of the modules I really miss from my system. I'll probably end up with one again in the future
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby JTurbide » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:13 pm

I bought it without even realizing there are multiple firmwares like drum voices, synth voices, delay and reverb, chords, fm etc. It is gonna be soooo useful!!! I mostly see myself using the original firmware and delay+verb :)

Oh and I think you can load a few firmwares in it and actually just flip between them by pressing a knob combo or something :joy:
JTurbide

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:19 pm

I almost exclusively used the standard firmware, which is just so good! I tried a few others like the delay and reverb and the chord mode, but never really stuck with them.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby behndy » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:44 pm

i liked the Nebulaeessaesea, but i pre-ordered, so had an Early Days model. it had some weird issues. can't remember what those WERE, but remember it being annoying. they're a great company though, sure it's all been ironed out by now.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby behndy » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:08 pm

murrrrr. went a bit sampler happy. the MPC One is amazebutts, but it's too much like using Ableton Micro in a box when.... i have a PC with two 42 inch monitors 3 feet away. playing with the Cycles made me miss Digitakt Times, that should be here Tuesday and got an SP404 Mk 2 on pre-order, hope that's soon.

tryyyyyyying to resist ordering a Solar 50.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dandolin » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:52 am

JTurbide wrote:Just got a Qubit Nebulae V2 on reverb :joy:

acquisition of an Orgone Accumulator

interested to know what you think of this one after you've had it for a while :snax: it keeps floating on and off my GAS list....
I Fuzz
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby vidret » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:45 am

Dandolin wrote:yeah definitely - or sometimes just throwing a passive filter in the loop like the lil Bastl Propust....

speaking of feedback loops, i've been thinking about grabbing an Instruo Tanh as a limiter/saturation add-on to clean delays - but is there anything else similar i should check out?

I've heard various things about the tanh for feedback. Some say it works wonders while I've heard others say it's "just a simple wavefolder" so take that as you like, I've never personally used it. Maybe try any "normal" wavefolders you've got lying around (like running the signal through maths chan 1/4 or similar).

I'd say grab anything that can rectify or slew a signal and a bipolar vca. I've ranted about it before but the boundary by schlappi is like the ultimate feedback tool - there's your slew/compression/rectifier/bipolar vca etc.

Being able to invert the signal in the feedback path is very useful - on one side may be only farts, but inverting it finds your lovely distortion.

If you're already looking at it I could recommend cold mac for messing around with feedback, it's got a lot of the tools you need as well and works great for other stuff too. I use mine a lot for different kinds of compression in a delay feedback send/return path (and the boundary could easily do the same job).

For a way way bigger recommendation the erbe-verb was a HOLY SH!T moment when I first used it in a feedback patch.
vidret

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:31 pm

this is good shit - thanks!!!! i like the looks of that boundary a lot (as with all schlappi stuffs)
I Fuzz
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby behndy » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:59 pm

murrrrrr. it's SUPER early days, only run it off and on for an hour after getting it going, but it LOOKS like with ASIO4ALL i've super simply added a second interface. grabbed a tiny 2x2 Presonus USB C interface to add to the 16 input mixer/interface Presonus AR16c that i use for mains recordings. but it doesn't have an easy way to route audio out of it then back in, takes a bunch of FINAGLING.

with the second interface now everything hardware that makes/affects noise can go into each other then into the AR16, the 2x2 Presonus is just an out from the computer/Live, so i can send loops or whatnot out into hardware boxes then into the AR16.

dunno if there will be any issues with ASIO4ALL after reboots or anything, but so far seems so EASY. YES please.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dandolin » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:44 am

A missive from the Blind Idiot God:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07cXMgrkqkM
I was scritch scratchin my nuggin wondering how Befaco was gonna justify the price on the new Noise Plethora (well to me at least - yeah, I am just not that percussively attuned :idk: )...

...but then I happened upon this little ditty and...P to the WHOAR of Babylon this thing is *all* of Artemis' abundant artesianal accoutrements! Well, in the friendly hands of this channel's demo-demon at least. Think I'ma have to make some space for this thing in '22 :snax:
I Fuzz
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:46 pm

I Fuzz
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby behndy » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:11 am

LandscapeFM Noon looks bananaaaaaaaaas.

poor Kenny.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear