· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:42 am

think you need a poer booster for that setup :poke:

how is the fr'''kenbender?

Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:42 am

I probably do haha but between the Black Eye, Dirty Mac, Super Duper and Witch Hazel I find it hard to justify another boost :lol:

Freakenbender is great! I’d had no experience with the Rainger circuit before and was underwhelmed when I plugged it in with my EOB Strat.. the active sustainer circuit must have been doing something weird because it never “switched over” from the TB side. But with the SG it absolutely roars! I’ve already ordered an OBNE Expression Ramper to take advantage of the expression input - automated filter sweeps ahoy! :animal:

Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:52 pm

Issue: Lost my jam space where my gear was always left out. Moved to a smaller place where space is at a premium.
Project: Build a rolling/platform/cabinet to carry four amps (Guitar 2/Bass 2), two pedal boards that has a small foot print. Keep dust off gear.
Rough drafts and modifications below. Am I just pissing into the wind?
?? ? who else has attempted this and what are your findings ? ??
Much appreciated.
Attachments
image_67163649.JPG
Last draft with all amps but no cabinet built around the platform.
image_67211521.JPG
First few drafts of the project

Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:41 am

I have no useful input but you have a really great drawing/sketch style.

Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:08 pm

Oh man, those are great. I get a hint of Richard Scarry there, which is immediately satisfying.

Expect any flat surfaces, such as the "lid" to your cool enclosure to become catch-alls. I would design that as a wear surface as opposed to an aesthetic surface, as it will probably wind up catching other amplifiers, beers, and all sorts of things - especially if it is parked in anything resembling shared space.

I don't have the exact same logistical puzzle, but, I have space constraints and need to do effective room changes on occasion - so I really like wheels. Three wheels will mean you never have to deal with wobble (at the expense of probably needing to place the wheels in a larger wheelbase for stability), and ratchet straps are life savers. Here are pics of my studio monitor "stands" as illustration:

monitor-dolly1.JPG

monitor-dolly2.JPG

Furthermore, I find being able to quick disconnect wiring without fiddling with involved connectors a huge assist.

Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:27 pm

I, too, have nothing to add other than I'd like to see more of your drawings, T.U. & T.V.

Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:18 pm

T.U. & T.V. wrote:Issue: Lost my jam space where my gear was always left out. Moved to a smaller place where space is at a premium.
Project: Build a rolling/platform/cabinet to carry four amps (Guitar 2/Bass 2), two pedal boards that has a small foot print. Keep dust off gear.
Rough drafts and modifications below. Am I just pissing into the wind?
?? ? who else has attempted this and what are your findings ? ??
Much appreciated.

This is genius! Never tried it but as someone who is a bit short of space, this is inspired. :snax:

Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:31 am

Just got a Quilter Tone Block 202. It's pretty cool. Actually enjoying playing a mono rig for the first time in a while, through 2 cabs

Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:34 pm

Awesome! Been eyeing that up to replace my 201 since the normal TMB tone controls potentially seem a bit more useful. Overall sound is presumably the same though, and I love that. Glad it's treating you well :thumb:

Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:47 pm

I think you might have recommended a Quilter to me in the past! Good call! Think I'm a convert now :thumb:
Kinda tempted by an OD202 as well, now. Also got an Interblock 45 which came into my shop that'll be a good backup.

Yeah, the range on the tone stack seems super useful, and I'm looking forward to trying the sig out, and XLR out on the back.

Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:40 pm

Intrigued to hear what you think about the cab sim on the XLR out! That would be handy I think, XLR out on mine hasn't really come in handy for me with no cab sim on it - can easily just use a DI box in front of the amp instead so doesn't add a lot for me.

Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:58 pm

The garage rock special. 1972 Fender Quad Reverb and 1975 Music Man 115 Sixty Five. Dirty tones and reverb for days.

Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:53 am

prelich wrote:The garage rock special. 1972 Fender Quad Reverb and 1975 Music Man 115 Sixty Five. Dirty tones and reverb for days.

this is a very cool setup, love 15's on guitar.

Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:07 pm

prelich wrote:The garage rock special. 1972 Fender Quad Reverb and 1975 Music Man 115 Sixty Five. Dirty tones and reverb for days.

quad reverb is so insane

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:19 pm

Maximum head Tetris with a twist of Jenga:

Considered adding an Orange Supercrush 100, but probably already have that base covered somewhere in the pile.
Post a reply