Let's see your DRUMS!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your DRUMS!

Postby frodog » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:18 pm

@ProCarsteNation looks like a good practice setup! A hi-hat stand (with good, used hats maybe, could even just mount a tambourine) would be a natural next addition? Usually not too expensive and will provide endless fun. My nineties 15" A custom new beat/quick beats cost me 150eur. They sound great but are also kinda loud and brash for home practice so the next pair I get will probably be 13".

stefanwegner wrote:My snares. It's juuuuuust a bit of a problem.

Dude... well admitting it is the first step to recovery :lol: You have enough snares to play a different one every day of the month! I'm not judging tho, must be nice (though space consuming).

I have so many questions but first off I don't even recognize most of them right off the bat. Which are your go-to brands and sizes? Which types of heads do you use? What's the best snare/head for a real pingy hardcore/grind sound? And so on...
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Let's see your DRUMS!

Postby frodog » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:18 am

Since apparently drums are a dead instrument now I'll reply to myself:

f_.jpg

NCD: Bosphorus 19" Traditional Thin Crash (but quite a heavy one at 1650g). Starting to believe there is something magical about handmade Turkish cymbals, this thing sounds amazing, so alive and raw. Lots of volume and shimmer, nothing harsh or gong-y, real fucking pleased with this second-hand score!

Bos.jpg
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear