Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help gr

Postby friendship » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:17 pm

I want a cheap Telecaster with a fat neck. It's gotta have a solid bridge Tele pickup sound. I do not give a shit what brand it is.

Any suggestions?
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:26 am

my coworker who's mad into Teles would say to get an acceptable body, order the fattest Tele neck Allparts makes--they apparently have one, IIRC called "the Fat," which is an absolute baseball bat like Charlie prefers--and a Fralin pickup.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:56 am

Anther year, another Pladask/Bandorg workshop. Always a good time! :thumb:

UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:19 am

That's a marvellous looking pedal!
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Warpsmasher » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:17 pm

Where the octave up rabbit hole intersects with octave down...the MXR Sub Machine and Poly Blue Octave are also looking like some tasty offerings of similar, and are definitely on the list to try. Seems like a Poly Blue with an Attack Decay could get you right into some HOG territories. Found a good enough deal to grab this first though, and yeah, when Emma nails the aesthetic they really nail it.
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chuckjaywalk » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:17 am

Since buying my Moog Grandmother in August, I've been able to resist the siren's call of Eurorack. I was checking out some stuff at my local synth store and talking to the owner about my eventual desire to add additional oscillator to the Grandmother via Eurorack. He offered the EQD Wave Transformer and a Eurorack case for $300 and I couldn't pass it up. So I have a Eurorack now. Just one module, but I am on the train.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:18 pm

uh oh. How do you find the wave transformer though?
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby chuckjaywalk » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:31 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:uh oh. How do you find the wave transformer though?

The Wave Transformer is doing exactly what I wanted a module to do: giving me extra oscillator options for the Grandmother. Since I can use as many as 5 of the 7 voices with my current setup (3 into the mult, 1 each replacing the GM's oscillators), it gives me a lot more voices and none of the oscillators sound out of place with the Moog oscillator. I already have a short shopping list, but that comes with the territory. I need a ring modulator, another mult, and I'd like to have more filters.
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby chuckjaywalk » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:48 pm

It took a few days to REALLY dig in and I can't believe I owned the Grandmother so long without a Eurorack. I needed to learn a few things, like putting the Grandmother in 0-10v mode instead of -5-+5v mode and using the correct input on the EQD Wave Transformer, but now it has transformed the Grandmother into a whole new instrument. I can run just the Complex wave through the GM's filters and Envelope and get a new instrument. I still think that an extra Mult, VCF, and VCA will get me to a really special place. I have an Elektron Syntakt to sequence the whole thing, so I'm growing into a Eurorack enthusiast.
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Warpsmasher » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:12 pm

Grabbed a Fulltone Catalyst at Bookman's...it is rad. Fuzzface as an all fet overdrive kind of thing. Fetface. The edge of breakup stuff is fantastic with this pedal. Grittier than a Rat but still catches lots of nice subtle stuff. Anywhere in the chain friendly fuzzes are another rabbit hole of interest lately, and I have a muffy fuzz drive coming now, an Ibanez 850 mini.
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:58 am

chuckjaywalk wrote:It took a few days to REALLY dig in and I can't believe I owned the Grandmother so long without a Eurorack. I needed to learn a few things, like putting the Grandmother in 0-10v mode instead of -5-+5v mode and using the correct input on the EQD Wave Transformer, but now it has transformed the Grandmother into a whole new instrument. I can run just the Complex wave through the GM's filters and Envelope and get a new instrument. I still think that an extra Mult, VCF, and VCA will get me to a really special place. I have an Elektron Syntakt to sequence the whole thing, so I'm growing into a Eurorack enthusiast.

Sounds like fun! I'd definitely love to try out a grandmother. Seems great.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Blackened Soul » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:24 pm

So.. I got one of those Nobels ODR-1 minis… won’t lie, kinda mad at how good it sounds with my rid… it beat out the does it doom pedal.. :grumpy:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dub » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:52 pm

I know the feeling. I've found an OCD circuit really useful lately. (I went with the Warm Audio clone, lol), and before that I was using a fucking klon for my 'clean' tone.

Have been on a bit of a mad spending spree since getting very inspired at a local music festival a few weeks ago, playing everyday and trying out lots of stuff, also digging out my unused gear from years ago and experimenting with a noisy table top setup (the wackier shit that I really love but never gets much love with guitar).

Just bought a Bit: Legend of Fuzz out of nostalgia and finding it absolutely useless. ahah. One for the table I think.
MATAMPS & TRASHED GUITARS
trades: Eric!, johndammit, Holy Schnikes, TheDandy, chatmatt, skullservant, intothegroove, Boxbie, bob the r0bot, sergiomunoz74, Laowiz, DannDubbleEwe, coldbrightsunlight
dub

committed
committed

Postby Warpsmasher » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:02 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:So.. I got one of those Nobels ODR-1 minis… won’t lie, kinda mad at how good it sounds with my rid… it beat out the does it doom pedal.. :grumpy:

That's awesome :thumb:

Got one o' them fancypants Vangoa pedalboards ordered, the bigger one from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C77 ... =UTF8&th=1

Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby le lambin » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:18 pm

I have never heard or seen of anything like that- integrated power supply and what looks like some kind of simple patch bay? I hope it actually works like it should- interesting find!

It didn’t take long for Blood Mountain’s description of the Tasty Chips Integral to woo me into ordering one- Perfect Circuit is having a 10% off sale on most things and the Integral was in stock, and one thing led to another.

I also just received a Maneco Labs Small Nimbus today, a pedal version of everyone’s favorite granular darling, Clouds. I haven’t seen anyone really using anything from Maneco, and I wasn’t into euro rack when Clouds swiffered the nation, so it’s all still new and fun to me. Haven’t messed with the alternate firmware yet but the pedal is fun and seems high quality. And it’s way cheaper than a Tomkat Cloudy. I’m kind of surprised there’s not a mainstream clone of Clouds in pedal format?
le lambin

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear