Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help gr

Postby Paul_C » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:45 am

Gone Fission wrote:Sir, are you aware that this is not a Telecaster?

I am :)

It was just too mad to resist !
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:55 am

Wow those things look crazy! You truly are an Axe Victim.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby le lambin » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:52 pm

PanicProne wrote:Been thinking about getting a EHX SuperEgo or Plus lately. Anyone had both and can tell me if the extra controls on the plus are worth it? Not really bothered by the multi fx-section. Also, thinking I should get a PurPLL, any thoughts on that?

Purp is my favorite PLL pedal- the perfect blend of ease of use and deep tweakness. It sounds great and makes it easy to get all kinds of other sounds aside from the stereotypical pitch divebomb synth explosion that anyone who has a data corruptor seems to leave it set on.
le lambin

committed
committed

Postby gila_crisis » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:07 am

PanicProne wrote:Been thinking about getting a EHX SuperEgo or Plus lately. Anyone had both and can tell me if the extra controls on the plus are worth it? Not really bothered by the multi fx-section. Also, thinking I should get a PurPLL, any thoughts on that?

I used to have both Superego, and SE Plus. I've kept the simpler original Superego.

The SE Plus is super cool indeed, with lots of options, also the effects makes a lot of sense when combined with the SE engine or used alone.
But I found out, didn't need all those options and fancy stuff, and prefered the smaller size of the orginal.
So I kept the normal Superego. For me it does the trick.
Also I noticed some sonical differences between both: SuperEgo Plus sounds more clean (with a hint of mid scoop), while the classic Superego has (to my ears) a very nice mid boost/grind and way more volume available on tap!

Also you might consider the Deep Freeze, which is a mini Superego.
Sounds good, but the original SE is way more organic.

Here some videos about these pedals I did few moons ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lq4rFLzraE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6o7-OBn2KA
Last edited by gila_crisis on Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby PanicProne » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:05 am

Some great replies there guys. One thing, am I the only one who can't see the videos posted?
PanicProne

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:33 pm

PanicProne wrote:Some great replies there guys. One thing, am I the only one who can't see the videos posted?

I can't see anything either, but I found this:

Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:53 pm

Paul_C wrote:
PanicProne wrote:Some great replies there guys. One thing, am I the only one who can't see the videos posted?

I can't see anything either, but I found this:

Yes that's the Superego vs. Superego Plus video I did, and this is the Superego vs. Deep Freeze one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6o7-OBn2KA
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby Warpsmasher » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:58 pm

Traded some more stuff into Bookman's, Ibanez Smash Box, Hotone Djent, Sonicake Shark, Mosky P90, and alas, my beloved Digitech RP360. They discontinued the Nexus virtual pedalboard software, so screw it, Line 6 wins the multi-FX wars anyway. All I got in trade this time was a TC Mimiq mini, and some leftover credit for next time.
Trogotronic Mini Mutant is back in stock and I've just got to be me...gonna have to redo the synth boards already, and maybe find another cool filter/modulator/somesuch.
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:53 am

I haven’t have the plus version, but I love the regular superego. I actually have a second one I’m selling if you’re interested ;) ;)
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chuckjaywalk » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:36 pm

Does anyone have experience using Ibanez 9-Series pedals with Electric Piano or Synth? I'm putting together a small Electric Piano pedalboard. My favorite phaser is the Ibanez, so I'm mulling over a PT9>FL9>CS9 board for my Yamaha CP-10.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby TheTransient » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:13 pm

Lately I have taken to stalking the pedal listings on the web-shop of a well-known chain of Australian second-hand stores/pawn shops. Most of the time they list things higher than the market value or even the same as the new price (provided the pedal is still in production), but occasionally stuff slips through and you get a good deal. This generally happens when the pedal is obscure in a way that they can't find listings elsewhere to base their prices on. For example, I scored a Boss PS-3 at about half the current market price because there were none for sale anywhere else in Australia at that time.

Anyways, on the Friday just gone, I was refreshing the page, and snagged an admittedly well-worn Line 6 DL-4 for $99AUD right after it was posted (once again, about half the going rate for one of those). I was stoked enough about that, but then once I had got done doing that order, I refreshed the listing page again just because. Imagine my surprise when a VERY well worn old Boss CE-2 appeared for $15! I highly suspected it could have been an error on their end and they meant to type $150, but nevertheless I feverishly ran through the purchase process, half expecting to be sold by the time I finished filling out the purchase form and making payment. It all went through, then I immediately called the store to confirm they got the order and the pedal was secured, and everything sounded good. They said they'd get it shipped that afternoon. Great!

It is now after midday on Monday, and I haven't heard anything from the shop, which honestly is a good sign, as I was half expecting a call or an email from them to say that the price was a mistake and that they were going to cancel the order and refund the money. I actually don't think I will fully allow myself to get hyped for the bargain I just got until the pedal is actually in my hands. Just waiting for something to go wrong tbh

Not sure if the CE-2 is made in Japan or Taiwan, but for that money it really doesn't matter either way!

Also, I take comfort in the fact that that I am not ripping off a person for this bargain. I am ripping off a corporate entity whose existence is dependent on ripping off other people. Like, if $15 was the correct listing price, imagine how little they gave the person that sold it to them... Gonna say that it makes it an ethical purchase!. I also find it heartwarming to think that I could have potentially deprived a Reverb flipper of the opportunity to resell this thing :lol:

For me this is either going to be used on my bass board or with my guitar stuff. I have an analog Boss CH-1 incoming too, so it will be a matter of which one I like more on which instrument. With the way the pedal market it these days (i.e. everything is a collectible, Reverb prices, pedal flippers/scalpers etc.), you really got to savour and cherish those few bargains buys you come across.

UPDATE: IT'S IN THE POST, THEY ACTUALLY DISPATCHED IT :!!!:
Last edited by TheTransient on Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheTransient

committed
committed

Postby chuckjaywalk » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:22 am

Is it CASHIES? I watch entirely too much DankPods since I can't play drums but I'm a drummer at heart.

TheTransient wrote:Lately I have taken to stalking the pedal listings on the web-shop of a well-known chain of Australian second-hand stores/pawn shops. Most of the time they list things higher than the market value or even the same as the new price (provided the pedal is still in production), but occasionally stuff slips through and you get a good deal. This generally happens when the pedal is obscure in a way that they can't find listings elsewhere to base their prices on. For example, I scored a Boss PS-3 at about half the current market price because there were none for sale anywhere else in Australia at that time.

Anyways, on the Friday just gone, I was refreshing the page, and snagged an admittedly well-worn Line 6 DL-4 for $99AUD right after it was posted (once again, about half the going rate for one of those). I was stoked enough about that, but then once I had got done doing that order, I refreshed the listing page again just because. Imagine my surprise when a VERY well worn old Boss CE-2 appeared for $15! I highly suspected it could have been an error on their end and they meant to type $150, but nevertheless I feverishly ran through the purchase process, half expecting to be sold by the time I finished filling out the purchase form and making payment. It all went through, then I immediately called the store to confirm they got the order and the pedal was secured, and everything sounded good. They said they'd get it shipped that afternoon. Great!

It is now after midday on Monday, and I haven't heard anything from the shop, which honestly is a good sign, as I was half expecting a call or an email from them to say that the price was a mistake and that they were going to cancel the order and refund the money. I actually don't think I will fully allow myself to get hyped for the bargain I just got until the pedal is actually in my hands. Just waiting for something to go wrong tbh

Not sure if the CE-2 is made in Japan or Taiwan, but for that money it really doesn't matter either way!

Also, I take comfort in the fact that that I am not ripping off a person for this bargain. I am ripping off a corporate entity whose existence is dependent on ripping off other people. Like, if $15 was the correct listing price, imagine how little they gave the person that sold it to them... Gonna say that it makes it an ethical purchase!. I also find it heartwarming to think that I could have potentially deprived a Reverb flipper of the opportunity to resell this thing :lol:

For me this is either going to be used on my bass board or with my guitar stuff. I have a most-likely analog Boss CH-1 incoming too, so it will be a matter of which one I like more on which instrument. With the way the pedal market it these days (i.e. everything is a collectible, Reverb prices, pedal flippers/scalpers etc.), you really got to savour and cherish those few bargains buys you come across.

UPDATE: IT'S IN THE POST, THEY ACTUALLY DISPATCHED IT :!!!:
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby TheTransient » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:29 pm

chuckjaywalk wrote:Is it CASHIES? I watch entirely too much DankPods since I can't play drums but I'm a drummer at heart.

Haha yeah it's Cashies.

Wasn't familiar with DankPods but I do like me a good tech channel so I'll have to check out some of his vids, thanks!
TheTransient

committed
committed

Postby TheTransient » Mon May 06, 2024 7:13 am

Just a little update, the $15 CE-2 arrived!

It was missing a knob, caked in dirt, grime and rust, but it was working! I gave it a thorough clean and found a spare old Boss knob to chuck on it. After some testing, I decided it was a bit too subtle, so I did the "depth mod" which amounts to replacing one capacitor (C22 - 47pF up to 100pF). Much better! Going to use it on my bass board and tuck the CH-1 away for occasional use on guitar.

TheTransient

committed
committed

Postby friendship » Mon May 06, 2024 10:14 am

What a find!
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear