Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help gr

Postby Paul_C » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:34 pm

Recent purchases :

Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MaxMaps » Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:43 pm

I have the gas for many things.

I am on the hunt for another guitar - I would like to have two pointy boys and then the SG for anything else I want to play. I am super on the fence weather or not I want to sell my Bass as I have not touched it in over a year ( and I have two at the moment, one of which is not technically mine)

My pedal board is another thing, I have been slowly selling of pedals I have not played in months and what I have now is great but it feels like a chore to pull it out every time I have or want to play. I am most likely going to buy a head phone amp for just when I want to jam and quickly put my gear away.

I have so many different ideas of going with a whole new / fresh set of stuff or making a jump on a Quad Cortex. - I have been eyeing them for a while and they look absolutely fun.
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby le lambin » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:21 pm

Paul_C wrote:Recent purchases :

I've been digging the just plain wood grain telecasters- what model is that? Looks great
le lambin

committed
committed

Postby Paul_C » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:11 pm

le lambin wrote:
Paul_C wrote:Recent purchases :

I've been digging the just plain wood grain telecasters- what model is that? Looks great

It's a Japanese one from around 2005.

Most are two piece bodies and a lot of those are disappointingly mismatched, but that one popped up with a one piece body so it's was almost impossible to say no.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:49 pm

I've been under incredible control with Q1 wrapping up soon...I have purchased...wait for it...NOTHING this year! I made a few trades and sold a few things (and yes, I plan to spend that money I got from my sales). I'm mostly trying to avoid spending anything since a custom bass I've been waiting on for 4 years will be ready soon and I'll have to pay the rest of what I owe. That should be more than enough for the year.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MaxMaps » Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:02 pm

cosmicevan wrote:I've been under incredible control with Q1 wrapping up soon...I have purchased...wait for it...NOTHING this year! I made a few trades and sold a few things (and yes, I plan to spend that money I got from my sales). I'm mostly trying to avoid spending anything since a custom bass I've been waiting on for 4 years will be ready soon and I'll have to pay the rest of what I owe. That should be more than enough for the year.

I have been watching Carl's instagram - so excited for you! This might be one of the last basses he is involved with with, he's getting up there in age.
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:34 pm

MaxMaps wrote:
cosmicevan wrote:I've been under incredible control with Q1 wrapping up soon...I have purchased...wait for it...NOTHING this year! I made a few trades and sold a few things (and yes, I plan to spend that money I got from my sales). I'm mostly trying to avoid spending anything since a custom bass I've been waiting on for 4 years will be ready soon and I'll have to pay the rest of what I owe. That should be more than enough for the year.

I have been watching Carl's instagram - so excited for you! This might be one of the last basses he is involved with with, he's getting up there in age.

Some jerkoff added a comment recently to one of his posts about his age. Carl is the kinda guy to live to 120 and he's gonna be in the shop until he physically can't be and he seems pretty far off from that. He was never supposed to be an adult, he had a very crippling illness as a kid but he's just so determined. He's really an incredible guy. Check out https://www.youtube.com/@oconnordc channel on youtube.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MaxMaps » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:23 pm

cosmicevan wrote:
MaxMaps wrote:

Some jerkoff added a comment recently to one of his posts about his age. Carl is the kinda guy to live to 120 and he's gonna be in the shop until he physically can't be and he seems pretty far off from that. He was never supposed to be an adult, he had a very crippling illness as a kid but he's just so determined. He's really an incredible guy. Check out https://www.youtube.com/@oconnordc channel on youtube.

I have always admired him and of course his stuff is on GAS list for sure - still ultra stoked! Was this a semi frills or whole real banana?
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:

MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:52 pm

MaxMaps wrote:
cosmicevan wrote:
MaxMaps wrote:

I have always admired him and of course his stuff is on GAS list for sure - still ultra stoked! Was this a semi frills or whole real banana?

The real mccoy...when I placed the order 4 years ago, I begged for a full frills. At the time he said he would most likely be able to do a semi frills but he doubted the full frills. When they reached out to me a few months ago, Carl said sure we can do the full frills. I also saw a stack of rainbow wood posted a while ago and there was tape on the pile and it had my name on it!!!! This could be insane! I mean...this WILL be insane!
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Warpsmasher » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:13 pm

TC Rusty Fuzz
Boss GT-001
Second time owning a GT-001, chose it over the GT 1000 Core because it has a couple of things the core doesn't: an XLR jack, and LASER BEAM
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:11 am

This BOSS ROD-10 arrived at my place yesterday. I only had the chance to try it out with headphones last evening. It sounds really good and the equalizer is very effective. The best thing is the fuzz mode! I have heard good things about it and it is really cool. It can make my Stratocaster sound like a sitar when I use the bridge pickup. :cool:

The unit is very dirty, the mode selector switch is bent and somehow an orange knob was replaced by a green one, but I might have a spare orange knob in my parts bin.

Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Gone Fission » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:56 pm

I kinda do and don’t miss my ROD-10. I think it was OD-III that was surprising close to the VH brown sound thing and the Distortion mode vibed for me better than the DS-1 type stuff I played. The limited switching and pedal-level rack configuration just didn’t quite fit for my use. I have had thoughts of using the sub circuits to inspire DIY—the discrete circuit variants were a precursor to things like the BD-2.

I didn’t dig the fuzz, though. I found it a bit polite and clear for its Super Fuzz lineage, though I can see it being desirable for that specific sitar thing.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:59 am

I read some user's comments on the fuzz. They said it's the sound of the Ibanez Standard Fuzz or the Kay Fuzz. I don't know if that's the right answer to that, because I know neither of them.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Blackened Soul » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:10 am

i used to own an Elk Fuzz Wau which had the Ibanez stand fuzz for the fuzz section of the circuit. Pretty distinct sound.. kinda like a orange and blue superfuzz with the octave turned down halfway.. massive sounding in both EQ settings.
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby K2000 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:34 pm

I just looked up the Ibanez Standard Fuzz and the Kay Fuzz on Reverb. There's a $500 Standard Fuzz and the listing says that Dan Auerbach uses it (also a couple of $500 Wau pedals).

The Kay Fuzz was cloned by JHS for the Legends of Fuzz series and the cheapest one is like $150 (used).

Sounds like a cool circuit, I'd like to see a indie builder make a clone.
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear