Moderator: Ghost Hip

No longer cooper fx

Postby b3n » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:37 pm

b3n

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: No longer cooper fx

Postby cantremember » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:51 pm

Weird that he just dropped 2 new pedals yesterday and now calls its quits the day after. :idk:
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Postby b3n » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:01 pm

Last edited by b3n on Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b3n

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby echorec » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:02 pm

Tuesday: release two new devices
Wednesday: announce the dissolution of the company

#businessgoals
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tall Walls » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:49 pm

He made a point to say that yesterday's new pedals were designed by Dan Hanson, "who's been building all the Cooper fx pedals for the past two years." It seems like Mr. Hanson is in a good position to carry on the Cooper concepts, if not the name. We'll see. I'm tempted to see this as a harbinger of the end of the pedal boom, but that's probably overdramatic.

Some Fred Frith vibes in that Instagram pic

Tall Walls

committed
committed

Postby The Eristic » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:08 pm

Tall Walls wrote:He made a point to say that yesterday's new pedals were designed by Dan Hanson, "who's been building all the Cooper fx pedals for the past two years." It seems like Mr. Hanson is in a good position to carry on the Cooper concepts, if not the name. We'll see. I'm tempted to see this as a harbinger of the end of the pedal boom, but that's probably overdramatic.

WTS ULTRA RARE GHOSTBUILD ERA PRE-HANSONfx COOPER fx GEN LOSS DOG MOJO - $3150
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby Paul_C » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:21 pm

Good point - I shall add another £1k to the sale price of my Moment Machine.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby goroth » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:53 pm

cantremember wrote:Weird that he just dropped 2 new pedals yesterday and now calls its quits the day after. :idk:

Gotta get the flipper hype somehow.
Keep a stash of 100 pedlols, make a few alts on reverb, sell them to cover the cost of the horse's veterinary bills.
Retire in the bahamas.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:56 pm

But what about all the Console cartridges that we were gonna get in the future? Console Gate 2!

For real though, good for him and GL
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby brak purp » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:49 pm

I feel shameful jealousy when someone won't settle for anything less than a perfectly fulfilling and happiness inducing career and they succeed. That is not and has never been reality for me or anyone I'm close to.

I know I'm wrong. I'm ashamed.
brak purp

involved
involved

Postby cosmicevan » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:59 pm

It's weird. If it were a marketing stunt, it doesn't make sense to do it the day after...the day before would get engines fired up and this drop was hyped the day before.

Is he off to make a nice salary adjusting firmware for some big tech company or going to re-appear as a part of Chase Bliss or something...or perhaps off to the mountains to live a minimalist lifestyle off the grid?

This will certainly drive flipper nation...maybe he just made too many of these 2 pedals and can't buy food so an announce like this clears the shelves???

It really seems like the pedal business is really just not worth it if you have some talents...unless you want to do the all in and learn how to deal with production batches and the nightmares of running a real business when all you really wanted to do was make your pedals go more BRRRR than they currently do.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby b3n » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:31 am

On reddit :

I'll just address the issues people are having with this announcement here. First and foremost I will always be available for support and repairs. I will always respond to DMs or emails. I'm not really just bouncing. I just wont be making any new pedals.

I am not good at running a business, and havent exactly been the happiest person doing this throughout the pandemic. Parts shortages suck and are stressful, making it impossible for little guys to buy parts in small quantities.

I did try and make the gen loss widely available but I honestly just couldnt get the manufacturing thing down. I tried, and it didnt work out for me.

We started the manufacturing on these two new pedals about 3-4 months ago. I began to ponder the idea of a new move in my life about a month ago. I couldnt just afford to halt production so of course I had to release them.

As for the stores taking preorders, I have from the beginning said to retailers to please stop doing this. a couple didnt really want to listen to that, which is fine I guess but its certainly not something I endorsed.

Idk. maybe there was a better way to go about this, but I think people would always find a way to be upset about something. If this makes you angry, please feel free to reach out and lets see if theres something I can do to help. Long story short, I'm literally just trying to be happy. I hope thats something people can relate to. Anyways, I'm always available for contact so hit me up if you need me.
b3n

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:37 am

That seems totally reasonable tbh. Seems like he has a gig he prefers lined up.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:37 am

And there are no Arcades pedals in stock and all used are at least double retail and the full cartridge sets may not be attainable. Nuts.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby resincum » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:19 am

made some cool shit, man. leaving a legacy of flippers behind. respek

release the fv1 code to the people now :omg:
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter