Just want to give my two cents on THE ELEMENTS

Moderator: Ryan

Just want to give my two cents on THE ELEMENTS

Postby Ghost Hip » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:16 am

IF YOUR DISTORTION PEDAL DOESN'T HAVE A MIDS CONTROL YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

That middle position on the mids flip switch, then crank the mids... fuck I love that toan. I have it at a super super low gain setting, crank the volume and the mids, and its just crazy distortion town. Push a big muff style fuzz through the mids heavy elements and instant cyber laser beam fuzz. :animal: :excellent:

Thats about it. Rock on. I'll probably make a short and dumb demo of this soon, but just wanted to let y'all know. :thumb:
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Re: Just want to give my two cents on THE ELEMENTS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:20 am

:snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby backwardsvoyager » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:52 am

PumpkinPieces wrote:That middle position on the mids flip switch, then crank the mids...

hell yeah.
i use it with the gain almost dimed to make feedback rather than cleaner to stack with fuzz, but that EQ is magical. Never sounds harsh or shitty even if you crank it, so smooth.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby John » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:56 am

Anyone else have an issue with expression pedals and this thing? I tried a couple different ones and none faded the distortion out completely, and it sounded kinda thin too. :idk:
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby goroth » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:07 pm

What expression pedals are you using? I've used it with an EV-5, EP-2 and an EP-3 without any problems.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Ryan » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:45 pm

PumpkinPieces wrote:IF YOUR DISTORTION PEDAL DOESN'T HAVE A MIDS CONTROL YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

That middle position on the mids flip switch, then crank the mids... fuck I love that toan. I have it at a super super low gain setting, crank the volume and the mids, and its just crazy distortion town. Push a big muff style fuzz through the mids heavy elements and instant cyber laser beam fuzz. :animal: :excellent:

Thats about it. Rock on. I'll probably make a short and dumb demo of this soon, but just wanted to let y'all know. :thumb:

Right on, Jared, makes my day that you're enjoying it! I love dimed mids too.. but with dimed gain.. but hey, whatever floats your goat buddy! Your demos are really cool, I'd love that.

backwardsvoyager wrote:hell yeah.
i use it with the gain almost dimed to make feedback rather than cleaner to stack with fuzz, but that EQ is magical. Never sounds harsh or shitty even if you crank it, so smooth.

I love feedback too, one of my favourite guitar sounds. I love when super high gain guitars explode out of noise and feedback, that always pumps me up.

John wrote:Anyone else have an issue with expression pedals and this thing? I tried a couple different ones and none faded the distortion out completely, and it sounded kinda thin too. :idk:

Expression systems are all really particular and really non-standardized.. it could be that you just haven't tried the right pedal yet. I've got about 6, half work well with my exp controls. Whatcha using?

goroth wrote:What expression pedals are you using? I've used it with an EV-5, EP-2 and an EP-3 without any problems.

How's the EP-3? Improvement over the EP-2? Still gotta get an EV-5 too.. I generally recommend that one to people thanks to your review.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby John » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:15 pm

I used a classic Boss EV-10 and a more modern Roland EV-5. Even with the min level knob at 0 and the pedal all the way up, there was still bleed. If I turned the gain or volume down enough it would work right, but then it'd be at undesirably low drive and/or output. I ended up returning it to the person who'd sent it to me. Frustrating cuz it was a great stomp.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Ryan » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:20 pm

Well the system really works best if the levels are the same.. if you go from a really loud high gain to a really quiet dry, there's going to be bleed.. I don't really plan for that, I keep levels the same.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:37 am

I prefer the ep-3. It's got a plastic ratchet thing instead of the piece of string, so I find the feel nicer, and you can use whatever trs cable you want with it. the housing is the same.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Ryan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:12 pm

Cool, thanks Matt! Those are good upgrades there.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Paddyob » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:43 pm

This. pedal. Is. So. Cool.
Paddyob

committed
committed

Postby Ryan » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:45 pm

My Edmonton buddy! You make it through all that cold and snow? *smile*