New Molecule design

Moderator: autopilot

New Molecule design

Postby chrisdermo » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:38 am

I just wanted to show some love for the new 8 knob 3 toggle 2 footswitch Molecule design that I got from Adam a little while ago.
Initially I was a bit dumbfounded by it, as a massive fan of the original Molecule I was expecting this one to kind of follow suit and work/sound very similar. However I've found with this one you need to be a bit more precise with your settings.
Firstly this one is 2 voices, both are fuzz with octave down on/off toggle. The fuzzes are great, the octave down is ridiculous, some serious serious heft to them.
1 voice is then filtered, the other is 'tremolo'd.
The tremolo voice has a noise gate knob and a tremolo amount knob (this is super sensitive, I have to fine tune it somewhere between 12 and 1 o clock for what I want). When you stomp the momentary switch it makes the tremolo super choppy - AWESOME
The filtered voice has a cutoff knob, resonance, cutoff modulation amount for the momentary switch, and an oscilator that is added when the momentary switch is pushed (set by knob and activated with toggle switch).

JUST WOAH. Oh yeah also this thing can do super duper loud output. If i put my geiger counter civilian after it it totally nerfs the level even if the geiger is all on max.

After playing initially I thought I'd use it on bass but I've actually found more use for it on guitar. :success:

Anyone else pick up one of these from ILF?
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: New Molecule design

Postby autopilot » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:47 pm

i think it will become a variation of the cubic, since the fuzzed voicing and octaves, because i had some thoughts of doing another variation more on the earlier molecule veins
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby goroth » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:50 pm

Necro.

Trying to work out why I don't own a molecule.
I can't really answer that.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby autopilot » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:06 pm

it's a beast that takes time, but once it melts your brain
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:09 pm

perhaps, once i finish your broadcast monster, i will see if i can add a couple of pedals including a molecule for the euro bash party 2016 edition
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby goroth » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:04 am

You are evil Adam :D
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby chrisdermo » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:18 am

I'm quite surprised that I see no molecule love on ILF..... I've had one of the originals from when they were first released (pre-oscillation switch) and I could never even dream of getting rid of it. On guitar and bass it's a super gnarly tremolo bastard with a nasty filter. On a drone synth it's like some crazy rhythmic expander module
grendel drone commander or bugbrand boardweevil + molecule = :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

Also playing a high resonance filter sweep into the molecule (like from a synth wah / SYB-5 or any conventional synth) is like WTF DID I JUST HEAR EARGASM

This new one is a bit of a different beast though, similar, but not as capable of the slow grinding filth of the original. The new one's tremolo feature is much more spazzy/glitchy with the momentary switch, and a lot more smooth and subtle when dialled in without the momentary. Also capable of some bonkers ring mod type shit with really high frequencies. Then it's got the sub octave switch and the separate filter voice which is a bit more 'pleasant' than the original, for want of a better word.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:19 pm

stop giving me ideas, yeah i'm working on a revision of the molecule (as your case someone ordered one) but he also has an older molecule, and wanted one for the filter, so after some emails i started reworking the 8 knobber to be more voiced like the first ones, and now that i almost have everything dialed out, you mention feeding another filter into it and :!!!: (never tried that before),and now i'm into this existential loop of not knowing my place in the space and time or the universe
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:23 am

autopilot wrote:stop giving me ideas, yeah i'm working on a revision of the molecule (as your case someone ordered one) but he also has an older molecule, and wanted one for the filter, so after some emails i started reworking the 8 knobber to be more voiced like the first ones, and now that i almost have everything dialed out, you mention feeding another filter into it and :!!!: (never tried that before),and now i'm into this existential loop of not knowing my place in the space and time or the universe

I''m sorry! But honestly that first version molecule was made to have filter sweeps fed into it! Just try it! Let me know how this newer one pans out, I may need another :animal:
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:26 am

P.s. I'm aware of how ridiculous it is me telling you what the pedal was made for :lol:

I'll record some examples this weekend
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby goroth » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:26 am

Eagerly awaiting those clips dude!

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby chrisdermo » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:56 pm

Won't be until tomorrow - am working until tomorrow afternoon
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:43 pm

here you go
https://soundcloud.com/dermo/sets/molec ... weeps-test

seeing as i'm a complete moron at soundcloud i'll do descriptions here:

sweep down 1:
boss ps-5 (octave up whammy) -> digitech synth wah filter sweep down + sub octave
-> copilot fx molecule -> boss odb-3
starts with just the synth wah, then i kick on the molecule, then the odb-3. I let the last note decay to death

sweep down riff with phaser:
same chain as above with a shitty cheap phaser shoved on the end. I like it, 3 filters as once if you will.

sweep up long take with other fx:
boss ps5 (octave up whammy) -> digitech synth wah filter sweep up + sub octave ->
copilot fx molecule -> line 6 m5 on 'spin cycle' controlled by 8 step -> boss odb-3 -> shitty cheap phaser -> boss slicer -> ehx holy grail max on plate

starts with just synth wah, holy grailand ps5, then molecule, then odb-3, then phaser, then i throw in bits of m9 and slicer for lols.

Korg m500 filter sweep down. Does what it says on the tin. Im just holding one note with the envelope set to sweep the filter from to high low. The filter in this synth was a precursor to the ms20 filter.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:51 pm

Dude that was sick, the sweep down 1 its alien eargasm
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:55 pm

The korg m5 also its a secret alien message so be careful