Grindcore and such

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Grindcore and such

Postby lordgalvar » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:57 pm

the raytownian wrote:
lordgalvar wrote:Hell yea, some Disrupt, Sore Throat and OLD love on the board!

My friend was friends with Napalm Death when they had all the original members. They were more hardcore/anarcho punk and then Scum came out and couldn't believe it was them (but I think by that point no original members where in the band). Scum was good, but could care less about most of the stuff after (some fo the BBC sessions I guess).

Oh, yeah, I've heard their track from the Bullshit Detector comp. As someone who discovered the band in their well-established late-80's/early-90's form, hearing "The Crucifixion of Possessions" was as much of a mindfuck for me as Scum must have been for any early days fan.

Great song. I wish some of the other old anarcho-punk stuff would make its way to the public, though. I've been waiting for any of it to show up on a bootleg or something for years now... All these old demos seem to exist in name only (excluding the Hatred Surge and FETO demos + the odd live recording, which are all over bootlegs and on the net). Maybe some day something else will appear from the ether, though.

Also, I'd never turn down a chance to see ND live, even today. From what I've seen they really can still "bring it", even though I'm not much of a fan of their current output.

What are you looking for? I've got a ton of Anarcho demos and friends. O-Drones is buds with Deek and Scott from AOA. The guy from Riot/Clone runs Overground Records and they released 4 albums of all old Anarcho bands (a lot that don't have any releases otherwise like Polemic Attack, etc). They are pretty legit too. They are called Anti-Capitalism, Anti-State, Anti-Society, and Anti-something else. I have the bullshit detectors too.

Zounds stuff is all back in print and even Hagar the Womb and stuff. The Mob/All the Madmen is putting out stuff. Part1 (which I think might interest you) just got both albums and a live cassette re-released.

Even stuff like Androids of Mu is getting reprints. Flowers in the Dustbin just got a vinyl release. Awesome time for Anaracho. There was also a CD release in the 1990s of all the Crass Records singles. There is some fighting with Southern going on though, which sucks (Alternative had to fight to get their rights back). PM me if you are looking for anything I might have (gotta keep this stuff out there).
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby the raytownian » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:03 pm

Haha, sorry for the confusion. I was specifically referring to Napalm Death's old demos from around the time the BS Detector comp came out (I should have said "their old anarcho-punk stuff"). Still, I'll gladly take a smattering of anything you might be willing to share from any other bands you think I ought to know, heh.

If you're up for that, I do like Zounds a lot. All that poofy, artsy stuff like them and Poison Girls, Flux of Pink Indians, Rudimentary Peni and stuff. I am at the very least acquainted with a lot of the more widely known "Crass Records-type" bands, but I'm sure there a ton of things I haven't heard. I've never checked out Omega Tribe, for one. I always meant to, but I couldn't be bothered to do it, even with all the resources that the internet provides.

If you're not up to posting anything, even just some bands names I can look into would be cool.
the raytownian

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:06 pm

Oh, it wasn't that, I was just going e-mail the files I have. Don't really know if the stuff is online. I'm going to start an anarcho thread...check back in a minute :lol:

umm, check out Ian Glasper's The Day The Country died. It is good but he forgot poison girls or something

here http://ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=150&t=48562
Last edited by lordgalvar on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby tremolo3 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:10 pm

Anyone here into Marcel Duchamp? (the band)

One of my favorite records ever.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:37 pm

Anybody know Costanza? It wasn't these guys in the video below from 2013 (the record was from 2006-2008...I remember Schnauzer (not my thing) records around at the same time in distros...). I always wanted to check it out (and I should've spent the 5 dollars or what ever). The album cover was George Costanza with his arms crossed in black and whte photocopy with the typical grind writing. Umm...just always thought it was the coolest band name:

-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby ChetMagongalo » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:38 am

+1 on the Agoraphobic Nosebleed, I haven't listen to a lot of their stuff, but their christmas album is fucking awesome/hilarious

I think you might like Dead in the Dirt, super heavy
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyfalconX/videos
rustywire wrote:Post your battle jacket of wrong bands

psychic vampire. wrote:I believe all authorities should be destroyed?
ChetMagongalo

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PanicProne » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:06 am

Just gonna pop in here and shamelessly promote some of my friends and fellow Swedes bands.

First off there's God Mother who've released their full length which has received praise on Metal Injection for example. If you like "hardcore-oriented" grind bands like Gaza and Converge you have to give them a go. Obviously I'm biased from both booking and touring for/with them, but I think they're amazing live. Probably in my top 5 live bands of all time in terms of energy.
Anyways https://godmothersverige.bandcamp.com

Then I have some friends a bit further up north (Gävle) in Infraction. These younglings are a bit darker and more death influenced but perhaps not as extreme as God Mother, but well worth a listen. https://infraction026.bandcamp.com
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby goroth » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:44 am

Panic, what band do you play in?
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby BoatRich » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:12 am

ChetMagongalo wrote:+1 on the Agoraphobic Nosebleed, I haven't listen to a lot of their stuff, but their christmas album is fucking awesome/hilarious

I think you might like Dead in the Dirt, super heavy

I've been listening to Dead in the Dirt while biking to class all week and it's definitely made my commute easier.

Full of Hell is rad, and AncientAstronaught and I's band kinda fits under the grindcore/pv umbrella https://soundcloud.com/nanshe-band
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby PeteeBee » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:01 pm

Graf Orlock anyone? I've been enjoying it. Some gets lame if it's too involved with the samples, I'm thinking of the Jurassic park song, but most I dig.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby PanicProne » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:15 am

PeteeBee wrote:Graf Orlock anyone? I've been enjoying it. Some gets lame if it's too involved with the samples, I'm thinking of the Jurassic park song, but most I dig.

I love their stuff! I don't listen to them too often but when I do I always really dig it. Very underrated band in my opinion. The samples are awesome. Also, check out the EPIC ending to this live performance: https://youtu.be/YH2qYDOF5h8?t=15m50s

goroth wrote:Panic, what band do you play in?

The last active project "of my own" was Helioscope (http://helioscopenoise.bandcamp.com), which we're hoping to give a proper funeral (record and release the remaining material) soon. Since then I've been helping out, booking two tours for God Mother and this last summer acting live-bassist for Tungsol, whom they toured with. Before that I've played in a couple of old school-ish hardcore/punkbands.
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby resincum » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:18 pm

I meant to post some PLF in this thread the other day..did I? anyways lo and behold.. homeboy has been tracking their new album these past few days :rock:

played with these dudes and Dead In The Dirt a couple years back or so,they sound like an 18 wheeler crashing.

i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby daseb » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:47 pm

where does this thread stand on Hatred Surge?
daseb

experienced
experienced

Postby resincum » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:53 pm

seen Hatred Surge a shitload of times. always kill. Deconstruct is so fucking good
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby lordgalvar » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:03 pm

resincum wrote:I meant to post some PLF in this thread the other day..did I? anyways lo and behold.. homeboy has been tracking their new album these past few days :rock:

I posted them on page 2, but more Pretty Little Flower is a good thing. More Antischism is always good too (for the other thread).Good news about more PLF :rock:
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Music