Big Ben 15s vs. Delta Pro 15As

Re: Big Ben 15s vs. Delta Pro 15As

Postby REQQER » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:12 pm

BoatRich wrote:
REQQER wrote:
t-rey wrote:There are quite a few dudes running 15's in there rigs, I'm sure one of them will drop some knowledge at some point. Hang tight and welcome to the doom room. In the mean time, you should probably go ahead and post pics of that rig :doom:

IMAG2673A.jpg

Here's a grainy cell pic. The Blackstar amp is like my backup amp. Sometimes I experiment playing through both at the same time. The Fender cab has V30s in it. I use that live when I don't want to take my Verellen. Depends on the venue really. If I'm playing some dirty dingy basement somewhere, I'm not taking the Verellen cab. Just not worth it. It's nicer than anything else I own, haha. It doesn't deserve the abuse.

Pedals in front of amp: EHX Pitchfork > Volume Pedal > Red Witch Fuzz God II

Pedals in the effects loop: Earthquaker Hoof > EHX SuperEgo > Boss R30 looper > EHX cathedral reverb

I get some interesting effects using both Fuzz pedals together. Feedback things...and the volume pedal can control the "wrath" function of the Red Witch Fuzz God nicely.

The guitar is a Michael Kelly Baritone. I really dig it. When I was looking for Baritones it won my attention.

I have two synths also going into the RC30 looper, but they're being routed to my mixer and then to the PA. They don't go to my amp at all. Depending on what I'm doing I have a sampler for extra sounds or drum tracks, and a recently got that horribly named drum machine pedal the "Beat Buddy". I haven't mastered that yet. Anything else I use goes straight into my mixer.

Pumped to get these 15s, Thanks for the feedback so far!

This is awesome dude! If the project in your sig is what this is for then even better because what I've listened to so far is cool as hell.

Oh man! Thanks so much for listening. Yeah it's for this project.

I'm going to have to go around these boards and listen to everyone's stuff. It'd be great to make some friends and possibly play some shows with like minded musicians.

I went for the Big Bens btw everyone. I think they'll work out real nice, but f for some reason I don't dig them, I can always switch them out.

I'll post pics when the cab is done.
REQQER

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:16 pm

REQQER wrote:Oh man! Thanks so much for listening. Yeah it's for this project.

I'm going to have to go around these boards and listen to everyone's stuff. It'd be great to make some friends and possibly play some shows with like minded musicians.

I went for the Big Bens btw everyone. I think they'll work out real nice, but f for some reason I don't dig them, I can always switch them out.

Where in PA are you? I play alot of shows in Frederick and Hagerstown MD which isn't too far from certain area's of PA, and have connections with booking agents in those locations.
Iommic Pope wrote:Skip, you rule. You hate people so much, you're willing to discredit all human progress, its awesome.
Ancient Astronaught

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BoatRich » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:26 pm

Ancient Astronaught wrote:
REQQER wrote:Oh man! Thanks so much for listening. Yeah it's for this project.

Where in PA are you? I play alot of shows in Frederick and Hagerstown MD which isn't too far from certain area's of PA, and have connections with booking agents in those locations.

I WANT TO PLAY SHOWS WITH BOTH OF YOU COME TO RICHMOND AND PLAY MY LIVING ROOM DAMMIT
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby REQQER » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:27 pm

Cool! I live about an hour north of Pittsburgh, so Pittsburgh is my main stomping ground show wise.
REQQER

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:33 pm

BoatRich wrote:I WANT TO PLAY SHOWS WITH BOTH OF YOU COME TO RICHMOND AND PLAY MY LIVING ROOM DAMMIT

I know of at least two of my bands that would take you up on that offer.... :cool: All though one would have to practice for the first time in 9-10 months.... ;)

REQQER wrote:Cool! I live about an hour north of Pittsburgh, so Pittsburgh is my main stomping ground show wise.

Gotcha! Thats definitely a hike from where we are (I'm 30-45 minutes west of DC), but I'll definitely keep you in mind if something you might be able to do comes up.
Iommic Pope wrote:Skip, you rule. You hate people so much, you're willing to discredit all human progress, its awesome.
Ancient Astronaught

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby REQQER » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:37 pm

Gotcha! Thats definitely a hike from where we are (I'm 30-45 minutes west of DC), but I'll definitely keep you in mind if something you might be able to do comes up.

Awesome. Thanks!
REQQER

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby BoatRich » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:31 am

BoatRich wrote:I WANT TO PLAY SHOWS WITH BOTH OF YOU COME TO RICHMOND AND PLAY MY LIVING ROOM DAMMIT

I know of at least two of my bands that would take you up on that offer.... :cool: All though one would have to practice for the first time in 9-10 months.... ;)

REQQER wrote:Cool! I live about an hour north of Pittsburgh, so Pittsburgh is my main stomping ground show wise.

That would be a pretty suitable first show for that project....
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:51 pm

BoatRich wrote:That would be a pretty suitable first show for that project....

Twould!!!
Ancient Astronaught

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassboar » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:02 pm

I can vouch for 15As.
Haven't tried any Big Bens.
AA hit then nail on the head, the frequency response is pretty even across the board.
I use them on drop tuned bass with pretty great results.
sanfordandsonny wrote:guitars are hammers if you put some electrical tape on the handle so the blood doesn't make the hammer slippery so be it.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Good deals with: Bellyheart, bronzetalon,kbithecrowning, fuzzmax, jwar, misc1600, hatshirt, colin, chippywallace, Monkey Boy, skullservant, jumbosteelie, foomanfat, sanfordandsonny, pez.period, proroby, excane
Bassboar

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Previous

Return to ilovedoom.org