MASF effects

Moderator: Ghost Hip

MASF effects

Postby Confuzzled » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:17 am

What's up with MASF? Hard to order from or ridiculously expensive because it comes from Japan? I just started to look into them to see if there was anything I liked.
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Re: MASF effects

Postby lordgalvar » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:21 am

Tone Factor is their US distro. 9 bolt is their distro in Japan. They don't do direct sales. Not expensive at all really (esp if buy multiple at one time from Japan). Possesed goes for 210-260 new which is right in the delay price realm. What do you want to know about their pedals? Quite a lot of people have them. The dirt usually got for 125-185 new.

Lavender Head -> vintage styled fuzz
Paranoid -> Fuzz/Distortion punk and heavier stuff
Epilepsy -> watch eivind's demo
Thonoscillator -> "
Raptio -> like ehx freeze with choppy option
Kollaps -> temolo with random speed on every engage stomp. Doesn't fully gate the signal
Swan Song -> ring mod in a wah
Biloma -> enveloped treble death
Life Convulsion -> Kinda like the masf take on super fuzz
Sabbath -> 1 knob muff
Kidnapper -> buzz box modified for more noise I think and for use with their SCM spring thing.
Last edited by lordgalvar on Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby casecandy » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:22 am

The Possessed is rapidly becoming a legendary pedal... it's a glitch delay basically. But better just to listen, I suppose. There's one in the B/S/T forum right now, well, he wants offers, anyway.

They made the Wata fuzz, the signature pedal from Wata, the guitarist in Boris, and that one is like a ghost. Literally have never seen one for sale despite frantic and extended searching. What would I do if I found one? Trade my Toyota Highlander for it?! LOL

casecandy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Inconuucl » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:25 am

What can truly make a fuzz $300? I mean, seriously other than the silver rose I don't see many fuzzes that would be worth that much to me, and the SR is effectively three fuzzes in one box. :idk:

Having said that, I really really want to try one. :lol: If it gets discontinued and someone wants to make a trace it's all fair game, boys. :animal:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby backwardsvoyager » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:43 am

Inconuucl wrote:What can truly make a fuzz $300? I mean, seriously other than the silver rose I don't see many fuzzes that would be worth that much to me, and the SR is effectively three fuzzes in one box. :idk:

Having said that, I really really want to try one. :lol: If it gets discontinued and someone wants to make a trace it's all fair game, boys. :animal:

it's probably marked up with Boris making a higher margin selling them at shows compared to their production pedals when sold through dealers. as well as being limited, if they have not many of them and know they're going to sell i guess it makes sense to price it for the die-hard fans. i wouldn't buy one but it's not like $300 fuzz pedals are uncommon nowadays.

i absolutely love their pedals but IF YOU GET A POSSESSED DO NOT RUN SUPER HOT SIGNALS INTO IT, otherwise it's amazing :lol: :facepalm:
the kidnapper is really awesome, it's by far my favourite sub octave i've ever used and tracks super well on guitar even though it was tuned to be used with their percussion device. the drawback is that you cannot blend in dry signal so when you kick it on you get ALL SUBS, nothing else, puts you in a completely different frequency range.
i really wanna try the Paranoid eventually.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby casecandy » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:49 am

Inconuucl wrote:What can truly make a fuzz $300?
Um IT'S COVERED IN BLACK VELVET duuuuh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd rather pay $300 for an original fuzz than for some über-transparent blues lawyer "overdrive" *cough*Free The Tone*cough*

But lest you think I actually did, I'm rocking a stock OCD :idk:
casecandy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:52 am

I mean, Boris has been doing the "everything is merch" thing forever, so is the Wata fuzz really that surprising?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby casecandy » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:02 am

No.

What is surprising is I saw them on that tour and forgot about it when I got to the merch table XD
casecandy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Warpsmasher » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:53 am

Possessed is the most cyberpunk shit on earth at this very moment. It's a sound/style you can build whole albums around, and is just as sought after by synth guys as guitarists. Outside of Korg with the grain shifter effect, the whole industry has slept on it up to this point. There's delay gear that you can make similar sounds with if you work at it, but nothing that will nail it like the possessed, because nothing else was made to sound exactly that way on purpose.
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dungus » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:10 pm

And there's STILL (after a week or so) 3 brand new Possesseds waiting to be shipped out of Tone Factor as we speak, taunting me with their availability, peering into my bank account and stifling a little glitched-out chuckle.

I cordially invite you to fuck right off and let the rest of us talk about music like adults.- dubkitty
Dungus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:32 pm

Tell me about it. I'm moving at the end of the month so I need to keep rent + deposit ready in my bank account... and then I see that.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Strange Tales » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:54 pm

I really feel the need for a second Possessed fuckkkkk.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Warpsmasher » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:01 pm

I have the money for a second possessed, and nothing better to do with it. You guys better hurry.
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:02 pm

You should buy it and then give it to me. Win-win.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Warpsmasher » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:14 pm

I'm thinking Lexicon Vortex, maybe...the Possesseds probably won't last long enough for me to make a decision, and I don't really need 2, but it would be pretty sweet to run a pair in stereo.
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Next

Return to General Gear