How Doom Is This?

Re: How Doom Is This?

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:21 am

That is fucking rad.
So awesome tovhear stuff like that.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby maggot » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:28 pm

That's an awesome story! My kids play (13 y/o even sings and plays in a band) but they don't play heavy stuff and won't play with me. I guess I didn't start them early enough.

My daughter has done Girls Rock camp a couple of times. They get 5 girls to write and perform a couple of songs in a week. It's a great learning experience because it's egos like you wouldn't believe! It's a problem-solving seminar. Most of the music ends up sucking, but that's beside the point. I was super proud when, after all of these girls posing and giving each other the stink eye, my daughter's band came up and were all business.

Anyway that's an awesome dad and two awesome kids!
maggot

committed
committed

Postby maggot » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:08 pm

I just checked out some of their vids. The funny part is that the 6-year-old is pretty fuckin' awesome on drums. I've bbeen in adult bands where we were totally screwed because we couldn't find a drummer as good as her:
maggot

committed
committed

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:47 pm

She's better than I am.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AxAxSxS » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:59 pm

maggot wrote:I just checked out some of their vids. The funny part is that the 6-year-old is pretty fuckin' awesome on drums. I've bbeen in adult bands where we were totally screwed because we couldn't find a drummer as good as her:

Thats rad! I actually had not gone down the youtube wormhole with them.

That vid led me to this, which has footage from Music and Art in Wright Park, they played right after Flux and we held off getting our gear out of there so we could watch their set. it was funny watching all the punk and metal chicks simultaneously have their ovaries explode. this songs a bit to cute. But it shows Dahlia pulling off a feat many adults never master, in keeping a beat and singing. I guess she's 7 now, missed the Birthday there. You can also see some of the synth rig, although lucian plays a very simple part on this one. They do put it to use in weirder ways as well.

Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby maggot » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:03 pm

I saw the "official" video of that song and I was thinking, "what a rip off, Dad's playing all the parts, it's edited, etc." Because kids playing drums has this certain sound. Then I looked at the other vids and that's actually how they play.

It's also an example of what SLK was talking about; if you hit the drums right, you can sound big on a toy set. But the fact is, some people are just drummers. You can learn it, but some people are born with it.
maggot

committed
committed

Postby AxAxSxS » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:16 pm

:D Just watched that. Must have cost them about a dollar to make. Genious. Take the kids to point defiance, turn them loose, film. Better than 99% of the overly cheese filled "we're so badass" videos you see. On the drums, they have pretty good technique. Justin knows his stuff so I'm sure the drums are tuned correctly and that has a huge effect. I can attest that there is zero fakery going on. Live they pull it all off and yeah there are some kid moments, they don't really get a lot of direction and if one of them wants to jump off the stage and go hug someone or whatever during a set, then that's what happens and they resume when the kid comes back.
Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby maggot » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:15 pm

I'll think about her the next time I see a 30-year-old man with his veins popping out on his forehead sounding like ass on the drums.
maggot

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:15 pm

Those kids are the epitome of prepubescent doom. :doom:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:05 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:13 pm

. It is the largest organ in the world, as measured by the number of pipes

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:25 pm

It's also the loudest organ in the world. :D
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:30 pm

maggot wrote:I'll think about her the next time I see a 30-year-old man with his veins popping out on his forehead sounding like ass on the drums.

It is something I'll also be thinking about when I pick up my guitar next time, then promptly putting it down and commiting flagellence and mortification for my sins against music instead.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby maggot » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:25 am

Iommic Pope wrote:
maggot wrote:I'll think about her the next time I see a 30-year-old man with his veins popping out on his forehead sounding like ass on the drums.

It is something I'll also be thinking about when I pick up my guitar next time, then promptly putting it down and commiting flagellence and mortification for my sins against music instead.

Yeah, me too. And I'm way old. Sucking at 47 is very sad. Pretty soon I'll be old enough to have an excuse for getting my butt kicked by 7-year-olds, though.
maggot

committed
committed

Postby TempusEdaxRerum » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:40 pm

maggot wrote:I just checked out some of their vids. The funny part is that the 6-year-old is pretty fuckin' awesome on drums. I've bbeen in adult bands where we were totally screwed because we couldn't find a drummer as good as her:

I know this is more or less of a rant that doesn't involve kids, but back in my old black metal band we were trying out some older drummer guy who was ranting and raving about how he played slayer and all that bullshit but when he got behind the kit he couldn't even play an upbeat for 3 seconds. Or at all, for that matter. He had no idea what the fuck he was doing. I have no idea how he could possibly play slayer not knowing that there has to be a rhythm when you play drums.
Maybe he was just a genius that transcended into the arrhythmic form of extreme jazz drumming.

That is a lie, I made it up for him right now. Even though this happened like 8 years ago.
That guy sucked ass.
TempusEdaxRerum

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org