Afterneath - any plans?

Moderator: earthdevice

Afterneath - any plans?

Postby neonblack » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:29 am

So I know it may be a little soon, but the biggest complaint I've seen about the Afterneath is a lack of expression capability. I know its an issue of space in the enclosure, but I would personally sacrifice the smaller footprint for more control.

Are there any plans for a larger/deluxe version with expression control? Or should I just go ahead and get one?
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Afterneath - any plans?

Postby Eivind August » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:35 am

Afterneath/Ghost Echo-combo with exp. :drool:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby earthdevice » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:39 am

neonblack wrote:So I know it may be a little soon, but the biggest complaint I've seen about the Afterneath is a lack of expression capability. I know its an issue of space in the enclosure, but I would personally sacrifice the smaller footprint for more control.

Are there any plans for a larger/deluxe version with expression control? Or should I just go ahead and get one?

No, I don't have any plans to do another version of the Afterneath at the moment. What would you like expression control over?
Dream Maker
earthdevice

committed
committed

Postby neonblack » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:40 am

The drag knob. I'm not much of a bend down and twist knobs while I play kinda guy.

However, it won't stop me from getting one of these as soon as funds allow.

Edit: I know it sounds ridiculous that I'm asking you this without having actually played with one, but the pedalsandeffects demo with Nick made me realize how awesome it would be to control the drag on the fly.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby earthdevice » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:45 pm

The problem with making the drag an expression control is that it adjusts the clock which has a very fine range of operation. It requires a specific value pot and wiring or it just won't work. While I realized it would be an awesome thing to have expression control over while designing it, the risk that it wouldn't work with almost all available expression pedals kept it from being a feature. That said, it can be done diy style fairly easily if you make your own expression pedal.
Dream Maker
earthdevice

committed
committed

Postby frigid midget » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:36 pm

It is a bit finnicky, but it's also not like a conventional reverb which you can use on any song. I'm pretty much a set and forget kind a guy, and if there's one of my pedals that's worth dropping to my needs a couple times extra, it's the Afterneath. Expression control would be cool, but I personally wouldn't want to sacrifise precious board space for a bigger enclosure. To me, the size and price are what gave it the edge over the competition. It's is the only trippy ambient reverb that's small and has a top mounted in/output, especially for the money. At least as far as I know of :)

I for one, would hate to see a V2 ruin my Afterneath's resale value. I love it and all, but I'm still in the honeymoon phase, and sooner or later I might still desperately need quick cash for em...Real life stuff :s
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Wes Mantooth » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:07 pm

Just get one, I use the Afterneath for all my verb needs, functions so much better than traditional verb for me. I know bending over and twisting the drag knob is a bit of a hassle but the notes linger so if you wanted to play, stop and turn the drag knob for a while and then get back up and play that's still doable. I've had mine for 3 months, still loving it.
Wes Mantooth

Supporter
Supporter

Postby neonblack » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:56 am

Yeah, I think I'm just gonna break down and get one of these with tax money. Thanks for the responses. I think I just need to quit being a pansy about twisting knobs.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Hyphen Nation » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:07 am

neonblack wrote:I think I just need to quit being a pansy about twisting knobs.

Dude, I am not super tall, but over 6 foot, and my wife gives me so much shit for hating to bend to see things in the back of the refrigerator, back of cabinets, down in lower cabinets, etc…she makes this mocking "oooooh, I have to bend…" voice. It's all I heard when I read your note about not liking to bend and adjust knobs. :)
Hyphen Nation

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:40 pm

There's that one expression pedal that works mechanically, where you connect this arm thing to a pot shaft and moving the treadle spins the arm. I can't remember what it's called though :idk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:43 pm

Achtane wrote:There's that one expression pedal that works mechanically, where you connect this arm thing to a pot shaft and moving the treadle spins the arm. I can't remember what it's called though :idk:

Third Hand?
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blakestree » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:56 pm

Third Leg?
While leaves shall fall, do branches intertwine, that we remain bound.

Blake's Tree
blakestree

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Wes Mantooth » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:06 pm

Wes Mantooth

Supporter
Supporter

Postby neonblack » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:18 pm

Wes Mantooth wrote:Kick Disk! http://www.fuzzhugger.com/kickdisk.html

Well, Shit! Nevermind, EQD. Do your thing. I'll find ways to express myself.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:33 pm

I have one! I HAVE ONE! :)

Love it!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Next

Return to EarthQuaker Devices