POLITICS: what have you done for us lately?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Does it even really make a difference who the next POTUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:25 pm

I honestly vote based on my moral values more so than on the economic state or other issues. Not that it isn't important, because it clearly is. I am more of a moderate so come election time, it's very difficult. I agree with parts from both parties, but haven't liked a Presidential candidate since I've been able to vote. I'm 32 so the options IMO have been bad so far. :)

Who do you want a douche or a turd?

I am however fearful of Hilary winning. She seems like she has a huge chip on her shoulder. Ain't nobody got time for that.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby doommeow » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:30 pm

jwar wrote:
Who do you want a douche or a turd?

I am however fearful of Hilary winning. She seems like she has a huge chip on her shoulder.

A chip on her shoulder and a snuke in her sniz. The South Park episode will write itself.
doommeow

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby snipelfritz » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:07 pm

I'm actually more optimistic of her running after this midterm (it should also be noted I self-identity as a democrat).

We need a candidate who is going to put forward and assertive campaign. Democrats just don't have any fresh faces that will stand up to conservative criticism effectively. Only exception to that would be Elizabeth Warren, but she just doesn't have the national motivation to compete with Hillary yet.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:12 pm

For Hillary to have a chance this time around, she definitely needs better campaign management.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Derelict78 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:25 pm

I vote for whom ever I would like for the job, not who I think May or May not win. Although I voted for aleister Crowley in 2012 even though I was leaning tward Gary Johnson.
aen wrote:Or I'll just use fuzz. Then Ill sound cool regardless.

Achtane wrote:Well, volcanoes are pretty fuckin' cool. Like I guess lava flows are doomy. Slow and still able to to melt your eardrums.
Derelict78

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby snipelfritz » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:06 pm

Chankgeez wrote:For Hillary to have a chance this time around, she definitely needs better campaign management.

The democratic party in general needs new leadership and campaign strategies.

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Wes Mantooth » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:16 am

Well we now know that whoever it is, there's no way they could be a bigger shitbag coward than Obama. I'm sure I'll be proved wrong though.
Wes Mantooth

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mudfuzz » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:00 am

Wes Mantooth wrote:Well we now know that whoever it is, there's no way they could be a bigger shitbag coward than Obama. I'm sure I'll be proved wrong though.

:lol: :idk: :lol:
I have always been uber meh on the dude… nothing he has done or not has surprised me nor the shit the red party pulls…. the dems are just sad... in some ways I wish I could be surprised… then again... :(
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby snipelfritz » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:42 am

If you ever thought Obama was/is anything other than a centrist democrat, you're a damn fool.

I personally still support his positions mostly, but would love to see a similarly rooted president with more to prove and more aggression. I think Hilary is the only one who can pull this off. However its going to also need an aggressively approached sweep of congress from a new Democratic party to be fully effective.

There is no dark horse coming out of the shadows to save the left at this point. Hilary IS our front runner. If we're lucky, Ted Cruz will sweep the republican nomination in the same way Romney did (although easier for Cruz who was always right-wing but always equally as lifeless) and if we're SOOOPPPER lucky Rand Paul will run a libertarian focused third party campaign.

...I honestly think its realistic that Rand Paul could get the Repub nomination and win the general election, but I don't want to think about that.

snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Meh

Postby rustywire » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:00 am

No more Clintons, no more Bushes. Political dynasties are dangerous.

Edited to fix a big giant rambling mistake, breaking my own rule. I should type less in general, and definitely not so late at night...
Last edited by rustywire on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby snipelfritz » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:14 am

Honestly, I think millenials mobilizing now as an independent and (most importantly) consistent voting force could throw a lot of things on their head and also be a major force against the big money super PAC machine. The Internet, despite how fickle and reactionary it is, provides a lot of potential for effective grassroots movements. We just need to become more pragmatic and overcome this cynicism we inherited from the useless Generation X (sorry guys, you just haven't proved yourselves worth more than some overplayed alt-rock radio tunes).

Although I'd say the word "grassroots" could almost be declared outdated in exchange for "viral" in the near future.

snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:48 am

Every time I hear grassroots nowadays I just think of marketing, thanks to the Tea Party. :|
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Vuvuzela » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:58 am

i say do away with political parties and have the vote be entirely on the popular vote. no more electoral vote crap. and if that fails? we turn to be warring tribes and the mightiest of all warlords should become king.

in all seriousness though, i think hillary could win if obama can make the most of last 2 years in office and there isn't a gridlock in congress. if she runs and has good campaign management, she could win it.
Vuvuzela

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:12 am

I want Arnold to be president because of the Terminator. Then you can say "my President is the fucking Terminator bitch". All other issues aside. The TERMINATOR. :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Dark Barn » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:32 pm

the spectrum of choice between the two major parties is so small. Anyone who identifies as a staunch republican or democrat is a staunch idiot in my book. Campaign finance reform while boring, is the only way to fix our broken system. The money players do more vetting of your candidates than any votes will ever do.

Also:
I've been searchin' for the dolphins in the sea.

The Weak in Review: Weak Arguments Revue
Dark Barn

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion