"In the shop tonight" with Taylor

Moderator: Taylor Livingston

Re: "In the shop tonight" with Taylor

Postby goroth » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:29 am

Run a poll here Taylor...
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Greg75 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:22 pm

Voted for tops on TB and would here if polled. I'd also buy any Oxide today with top-jacks, but couldn't squeeze one with side-jacks on my current board.
Greg75

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Taylor Livingston » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:27 pm

Well, I spend a lot of time pondering these debates. As you can see on the previous page, since the PCB is the same, the top jacks model has a kind of weird layout in order to fit everything, knobs closer to the stomp. If I was going to do a top jack Oxide as a regular or the standard version, I'd want to design a new PCB, and if doing that I'd want to make all kinds of changes, ultimately it would become a whole new thing. That may indeed happen but I've got my hands full for now.

Edit: since it's sort of related and some people have asked, let me mention here that all the other pedals have been switched to having all jacks on top except the XD whose power jack is on the side. That's because the top of the pedal already has three 1/4" jacks and 3 toggle switches, so there's nowhere up top for a jack to go.
Taylor Livingston

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:56 pm

I actually don't mind side jacks and can't understand why other are so ocd about it. I like them because I can use whatever kind of patch cables I want. You only loose a little bit of room on your pedalboard.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby neonblack » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:36 pm

jwar wrote:I actually don't mind side jacks and can't understand why other are so ocd about it. I like them because I can use whatever kind of patch cables I want. You only loose a little bit of room on your pedalboard.

On a board your size that's no biggie, but for those of us with mini boards, all top mount jacks can mean squeezing just one more pedal on there.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Taylor Livingston » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:15 pm

Here's something new: I've made a batch of four Xerograph Deluxes in a red/green color-shifting finish.

http://gfycat.com/DescriptiveSeriousHairstreak

No special paint is used; the effect comes from the perpendicular angles of the left and right sides of each engraved letter in the metal (each side is painted a different color).

I'll be adding two of these to the shop later today, and two more in the next few days.

What do you think?
Taylor Livingston

committed
committed

Postby Tristan » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:38 pm

That's cool, though from the ones you've built lately my favourite finishes are the red / smoked black Subterranea, aqua blue Polytope, purple / cream / blue Xerograph, black / silver Oxide and rust / silver / black Oxide.
I didn't think I would ever say it but you seem to have taken this new finish to a level where I really prefer it over the old one, it looks absolutely stunning! :drool: :love:
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby sylnau » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:43 pm

look awesome!!!
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Taylor Livingston » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:38 pm

Taylor Livingston

committed
committed

Postby Deltaphoenix » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:22 pm

Man Taylor, these new finishes are pretty great. I think I am going to go for an Oxide again soon (to go with my Xero DLX).
behndy wrote:i want to have dirty sex with each and every mod here. in their poopcunt. while squirls shoot out of my dick and tinier squirrels shoot out of THEIR dicks in an Escher-esque recursive love filth pile.

My Band: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/capturetherapture

My Solo Electronic Stuff:http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/deltaphoenix
Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby alexsga » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:37 pm

any standard Xero's soon?
alexsga

experienced
experienced

Postby Taylor Livingston » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:33 pm

Hmm... not sure. The standard Xerograph is probably the least popular IE pedal, and as I'm still struggling to keep up with demand for the other pedals, I probably won't make any standard Xeros for a while. I'm inclined to just call it discontinued but maybe we can just say "hibernating".
Taylor Livingston

committed
committed

Postby goroth » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:36 am

Love my standard Xero!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Eric! » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:05 pm

DAT NIMBUS THO.
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Taylor Livingston » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:51 pm

In the shop today are some Nimbus reverbs and Oxides in "crimson fade."

The Nimbus has a new feature: a dedicated treble cut within the reverb path, which adds some new darker timbres to the available palette. Since the Bass and Treble controls are inside the feedback path, they will progressively filter sound more as the note decays. Infinite time mode can still be activated by turning Room Size, Bass and Treble completely clockwise.

Taylor Livingston

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to Iron Ether