Meet Kevin...

fattone77

committed
committed

Re: HENRETTA ENGINEERING: cute & convenient no-knob pedals

Postby kevinhifi » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:33 pm

Check it.
Henretta Engineering
tiny square pedals with no knobs...and more!
www.henrettaengineering.com
kevinhifi

committed
committed

Postby Ro_S » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:43 am

have you thought about doing a 60s Vox 'Distortion Booster' (fuzz) circuit in one of these?

p.s. and some other simple vintage circuits. e.g. a treble booster; Jordon Bosstone fuzz; EHX LPB1...
Ro_S

committed
committed

Postby kevinhifi » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:22 pm

Ro_S wrote:have you thought about doing a 60s Vox 'Distortion Booster' (fuzz) circuit in one of these?

p.s. and some other simple vintage circuits. e.g. a treble booster; Jordon Bosstone fuzz; EHX LPB1...

All of those are badass circuits that would indeed fit inside the little 2x2 box. I've gone back and forth in my head, but the experience at NAMM has, I think, substantiated my gut to stick with the more unique stuff I have. My Bluebird and Pinkman are quite different, circuit-wise, from anything coming from other builders, and people seem to really dig them. I have to think that approach has been helping to differentiate my brand in a market that is beyond saturated (ha...pun) with fuzz, boost, and overdrive circuits.

My compressor and envelope filter are the most derivative. Why mess with the awesomeness of the Orange Squeezer and DOD 440 circuits, although I did tweak some aspects of both quite a bit.

Maybe a future line of clones that are clearly differentiated from this initial line? Sure. I've actually done plenty of custom multi boxes with integrated clone circuits (MXR Bluebox, Phase45, 808, univibe, etc.) when requested.
Henretta Engineering
tiny square pedals with no knobs...and more!
www.henrettaengineering.com
kevinhifi

committed
committed

Postby backwardsvoyager » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:38 pm

do you think it's possible to fit a delay or flanger circuit in there?

i know it's not the sort of thing most people 'set and forget' but i'm seeing a lot more people nowadays use for example a DD7 with the time set really short and moderate feedback, almost always on for giving a distinct 'ringing' quality to their clean tone, like a more extreme slapback tone. a simple delay designed specifically for short delay times might be neat if it was possible.
flanger circuits are generally on the complex side so this is probably impossible but i use a BF2 with all the knobs dimed as a 'set and forget' pedal so i would totally buy something similar in the Henretta format.

just throwing some different ideas out there anyway. your stuff is neato.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ro_S » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:01 pm

kevinhifi wrote:
Ro_S wrote:have you thought about doing a 60s Vox 'Distortion Booster' (fuzz) circuit in one of these?

All of those are badass circuits that would indeed fit inside the little 2x2 box. I've gone back and forth in my head, but the experience at NAMM has, I think, substantiated my gut to stick with the more unique stuff I have. My Bluebird and Pinkman are quite different, circuit-wise, from anything coming from other builders, and people seem to really dig them. I have to think that approach has been helping to differentiate my brand in a market that is beyond saturated (ha...pun) with fuzz, boost, and overdrive circuits.

My compressor and envelope filter are the most derivative. Why mess with the awesomeness of the Orange Squeezer and DOD 440 circuits, although I did tweak some aspects of both quite a bit.

Maybe a future line of clones that are clearly differentiated from this initial line? Sure. I've actually done plenty of custom multi boxes with integrated clone circuits (MXR Bluebox, Phase45, 808, univibe, etc.) when requested.

Many thanks for the response.

I'm not aware of anyone who does a version of the 60s Vox 'Distortion Booster' (fuzz) circuit. And affordable treble boosters are uncommon. 'Just saying.
Ro_S

committed
committed

Previous

Return to Henretta Engineering