VIDEO - Henretta Engineering booth at Summer NAMM

VIDEO - Henretta Engineering booth at Summer NAMM

Postby kevinhifi » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:11 am

Premier Guitar stopped by the booth (well...I guess I paid them to by advertising in their magazine) to review our line of no-knobber pedals that debuted at Summer NAMM in Nashville last week. It's tough to show off the sounds in a quick demo in front of a camera with very loud steel guitar jams going on in the booth across the isle. I did my best.

http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/2 ... line-demos
Henretta Engineering
tiny square pedals with no knobs...and more!
www.henrettaengineering.com
kevinhifi

committed
committed

Re: VIDEO - Henretta Engineering booth at Summer NAMM

Postby Tristan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:50 pm

Nice one, I really like the sound of that Bluebird, Pinkman and Emerald Prince!
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby kevinhifi » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:39 pm

Here's another in-booth demo. I think the sound comes across better in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ4PRa1TwtA
Henretta Engineering
kevinhifi

committed
committed

Postby Tristan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:27 pm

I'm still not sure whether the whole no knob thing is for me but they sure do sound great!
Just curious, if you flip the switch on the Bluebird or Emerald Prince is it necessary to reset the output volume, does it change?
If not, wouldn't it be possible to fit the circuit in a slightly larger enclosure (but still smaller than standard MXR size) so you can mount the switch externally?
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby kevinhifi » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:09 am

Tristan wrote:I'm still not sure whether the whole no knob thing is for me but they sure do sound great!
Just curious, if you flip the switch on the Bluebird or Emerald Prince is it necessary to reset the output volume, does it change?
If not, wouldn't it be possible to fit the circuit in a slightly larger enclosure (but still smaller than standard MXR size) so you can mount the switch externally?

Sure, it could probably be done as a custom option. With the Bluebird, there is no volume change at all, just a higher frequency on the attack that you can turn on or off. The Emerald Prince does drop a little bit in volume in the darker mode.
Henretta Engineering
kevinhifi

committed
committed

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:23 am

I noticed in the comments section that someone had pointed out your side mounted jack fail.
Jesus dude, get with what the internet wants!

:lol:
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:18 am

Them Peoples, Popes and Wants...
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Tristan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:23 am

kevinhifi wrote:
Tristan wrote:I'm still not sure whether the whole no knob thing is for me but they sure do sound great!

Sure, it could probably be done as a custom option. With the Bluebird, there is no volume change at all, just a higher frequency on the attack that you can turn on or off. The Emerald Prince does drop a little bit in volume in the darker mode.

Oh, cool!
How big would the smallest box you can fit in the circuits with the external switch be? (top mounted jacks might be cool)
I was also curious whether the volume changes when you turn up the drive control on the Pinkman?
Otherwise a Pinkman with just the drive control mounted externally would be cool too I think.
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:32 am

Tristan wrote::lol:
Them Peoples, Popes and Wants...

I know, right?
Obey the whim of the internets! Obey!

Or just, you know, continue to make kick ass pedals.
Either or.
WWPD?

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kevinhifi » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:21 pm

Haha.

What people should really be complaining about is the standardization of the 1/4" phono plug in the guitar industry. 1/8" would be so much more practical.
Henretta Engineering
kevinhifi

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:32 pm

Do you think 1/8" are as durable & sturdy as 1/4", kevin?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby kevinhifi » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:34 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Do you think 1/8" are as durable & sturdy as 1/4", kevin?

Nah, I think it would be problematic at the guitar and amp, but converting at the board and using 1/8" for interconnects would be nifty.
Henretta Engineering
kevinhifi

committed
committed

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:37 pm

Now that is a fucking idea, right there...
WWPD?

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kevinhifi » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:22 am

Tristan wrote:
kevinhifi wrote:

Oh, cool!
How big would the smallest box you can fit in the circuits with the external switch be? (top mounted jacks might be cool)
I was also curious whether the volume changes when you turn up the drive control on the Pinkman?
Otherwise a Pinkman with just the drive control mounted externally would be cool too I think.

I'll get back to you on this. I'm looking at the options for the "in-between my current size and an MXR box" sizes. They are pretty limited, but I think I can find a good size for custom one-knobber or on-switchers. The Pinkman does get a little louder from 0 to maybe half-way up the drive control. From there, the clipping is already pretty heavy so it just gets dirtier and then even a little fuzzy.
Henretta Engineering
kevinhifi

committed
committed

Return to Henretta Engineering