PLL

Moderator: LaoWiz

PLL

Postby LaoWiz » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:28 am

image.jpg
image.jpg (156.92 KiB) Viewed 9005 times

Dusted this off and clean up the spaghetti a bit. Its been a while. Reinserted some things and got it fired up again a couple of days ago. Sounded just ok so I was going to throw in the towel. Then tonight I decided to play it a bit. After some tinkering, FUCK, it sounds good. Way better than before, all the controls seem more interactive, got it to track better, a few mods that will give more sounds.

So this thread is here to remind me to keep making progress and to post that progress. Right now I'm thinking of adding another rotary control , another set of controls for the phase locked loop which will be the same but footswitchable for two different settings, a footswitch for drone... Ill try to post some new vids soon.
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Re: PLL

Postby kosta » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:30 am

Definitely keeping an eye on this...
Object Object : Bandcamp | Soundcloud
A lil dreamy, a lil noisy.
kosta

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:47 am

Gonna be cray.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby hollowhero » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:11 pm

kosta wrote:Definitely keeping an eye on this...
hollowhero

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby 01010111 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:24 pm

hollowhero wrote:
kosta wrote:Definitely keeping an eye on this...

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:39 pm

You might be the only one who can save the PLL for me after being so disappointed with the Dimehead, do yar thang mang! :)
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby intothegroove » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:00 pm

:drool: :love: and in a Out Sound enclosure :joy: :omg: :!!!:
intothegroove

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:15 pm

Tristan wrote:You might be the only one who can save the PLL for me after being so disappointed with the Dimehead, do yar thang mang! :)

Whenever I finish it, I could do a tourbox. I think some people would love it and some would hate it. There's like a million sounds now. Seems like something you could fiddle with endlessly...
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Tristan » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:20 pm

Haha, I can imagine, a tour box would be cool even if only to get some clips and thoughts on it (I'm in the EU). :)
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby LaoWiz » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:11 pm

Tristan wrote:Haha, I can imagine, a tour box would be cool even if only to get some clips and thoughts on it (I'm in the EU). :)

Yea, now I'm thinking of adding in some more toggle switches for different flavours which adds quite a bit. I'd need to do a us and seperate tour box for Europe. There's a just handful of people really interested so it would be great to get it to you guys so you have more time to explore. You, univalve and phantas mostly. It's really fun by itself. With other pedals its a schizophrenic acid trip in space. Gonna keep my other builds at minimum to flesh this out. It'll be fantastic or just ok but worth exploring....
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Tristan » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:37 pm

Cool man, scjizzophrenic acid trips in space sounds amazeballs to me! :D
Phantas, uni and me aren't that far from eachother really, especially Cologne is pretty close by relatively speaking and we all know eachother a bit so I guess we could work something out, would be fun! :)
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Bellyheart » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:26 pm

I have six of the pll pcb boards from toecutter. I'm sure you'll finish before I do.
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:41 pm

Tristan- I figured you guys were pretty close. I can't remember why you didn't like the Dimehead one. I wish there were other videos of it in addition to kayzer's. I was just playing it and am getting a lot those same spaceship sounds which are kinda cool. There's a couple of controls and caps that I keep switching out. Definitely a rabbit hole.

Belly, let me know when you build yours. I made a ghetto drill template and I can tell you a couple of places to add sockets/wires for switches. I built one of toecutters boards but haven't done the tweaks to it yet. With a couple of add ons you'll be able to get some variety and get rid of some glitch if wanted/needed....
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby AxAxSxS » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:58 pm

Tristan wrote:Cool man, scjizzophrenic acid trips in space sounds amazeballs to me! :D

yes please
Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bellyheart » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:22 pm

Template has been the main fear. Just butchered a pcb mounted board build thinking id boss it and eye it. Please send that template whenever you can. What case did you use?

I see the second version needs some off board wiring. Did you do more than that?
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to The Out Sound