Why arent we cool?

Re: Why arent we cool?

Postby Bellyheart » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:46 pm

This isn't the best place to ask about replicas really. People dig them but the sonic expansion/experimentation is what erects my nips. I was looking for a superfuzz clone the other day and comparing with those new maxons. They added knobs which is what more people are about.

DIY is getting huge since everyone is getting broke so an available schematic is not gonna have everyone flipping out. Do what you enjoy though and keep it going. If you're not happy about your lack of popularity, maybe try something risqué from your zone, as stated earlier.

Devi ever made so many fuzzes and most of then were the same circuit with component swaps or combined with other circuits. Smart and cheap.
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby morange » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:46 pm

echodeluxe wrote:Why aren't we Zuul?

morange

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:09 pm

I watched the new Pry Ass video, that EFY-6 is a great fuzz, the only thing you guys should have done is put another footswitch and led in so you can switch the octave on/off by foot.
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby hazelwould » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:51 pm

Tristan wrote:I watched the new Pry Ass video, that EFY-6 is a great fuzz, the only thing you guys should have done is put another footswitch and led in so you can switch the octave on/off by foot.

Supafuzzjazzfusionpatmathenyblooze bomp bomp.
hazelwould

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:24 pm

:D
I understand most people here hate it, I think he's a good player though, probably the only thing decent about P******.
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby hiorgos » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:24 pm

I got a fy2 recently, and I'm super impressed! It sounds great, on guitar and specially on bass. And the enclosure is just beautiful, well made, feels gig-able, and with the convenient battery door. It does look like a professional product.

I will get the super fuzz when budget allows.

I think these enclosures are a big selling point, and the price is good.

Against? Nothing I could say. But the market is full of pedals, and TGP whiners like their pedals small and square so they can fit 10 of them on a perfect clean-boring pedalboard.

Maybe a bit more of promotion is needed? And not only on the gear ghetto, but out there with musicians. I'm pretty sure the average player out there has never heard/seem your pedals.

Ok, honestly, I have one point against, I disliked the demo you have on youtube of the fy2, the one you try to look cool in.. There's another video of a vintage shinei that I find much more informative and clear about what the pedal does, with different amps and mics. But apart from that, I truly love the fy2
hiorgos

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:28 pm

Where the fuck is echodeluxe?

:snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby LaoWiz » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:25 am

Chankgeez wrote:Where the fuck is echodeluxe?

:snax:

The only gripe I have with Wattson is the white stompswitch washers. Especially, on those cool enclosures!
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:34 am

That's a small gripe, LaoWiz.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby AxAxSxS » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:28 am

Lao's stuff looks so good, if he has advice about the image, however small, I'd take it. Dude has style.
Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:42 am

I love the fabbed boxes, I just hate them whitewashers. As far as the reproductions, idk, these two circuits can be easily reproduced or bettered. I think wattson could do better videos. Seems like it would appeal to TGP less to ILF as peeps here are into stuff that's tweaked more.

I wish echo deluxe would reply as there's been a bit of responses.....
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jero » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:56 pm

Seems relevant...

(Pulled from harmcent in a "Pedals you wish existed" thread)
Josh33 wrote:12-13-2010, 02:19 PM
A wattson super fuzz with a footswitchable octave... also... i would love a fuzz that sounded like a mjm brit bender going into a zvex woolly mammoth. or just a 3 knob brit bender going into a dirty vox amp... just crazy and uncontrollable, yet controllable?
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:01 am

I think you've got it, Jero.

Wattson needs to seem "cool, yet uncool" all at the same time. They haven't quite worked out the proper ratios to date.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hazelwould » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:05 pm

Chankgeez wrote:I think you've got it, Jero.

Wattson needs to seem "cool, yet uncool" all at the same time. They haven't quite worked out the proper ratios to date.

Like... Like...

Post a thread to act like you care, and not care!

hazelwould

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sonidero » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:11 pm

Yeah I think we scared him off... He provided some craziness here and has 40000 posts on another site, the pedals are Mehyer...

Washers can ruin any pedal also...
"Personal Growth Through Guitar Pedals"
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Wattson Classic Electronics