Double germ TAFM?

Moderator: smallsnd/bigsnd

Double germ TAFM?

Postby wdinc01 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:28 pm

Dear BriBri,

I was wondering if it would be possible for you to make a double germ TAFM, ala Maekko with their B:assmasters only not as expensive. I don't know if the circuit would prevent that. I don't know enough about circuits, I just know that I want more germaniums in my fuzz. MORE MORE MORE.

Love,
Jaymes

P.S. Or if you want to put in three or four, that's okay with me.
Achtane wrote:ILF: Instead of reducing the dimensions of the board, just fill it up with pedals until it looks right.

D.o.S. wrote:But it's Canadian. So it might be too polite.

D.o.S. wrote:Dude now you have distortion and sustain.

The dream.
wdinc01

experienced
experienced

Re: Double germ TAFM?

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:07 pm

wdinc01 wrote:Dear BriBri,

I was wondering if it would be possible for you to make a double germ TAFM, ala Maekko with their B:assmasters only not as expensive. I don't know if the circuit would prevent that. I don't know enough about circuits, I just know that I want more germaniums in my fuzz. MORE MORE MORE.

Love,
Jaymes

P.S. Or if you want to put in three or four, that's okay with me.

it already uses two germanium transistors! the preamp/splitter/output stages use silicon transistors but i guess i could use germs for those if you wanted - i'm not sure you would get any largely discernible differences though?

a few of the newer ones have been a silicon/germanium hybrid for various reasons but i tune them to still get the same sound.
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby wdinc01 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:17 pm

Oh damn! I always thought it was a single germanium. I'm just trying to think of how to make a TAFM on steroids. Like, if a TAFM did a Dragon Ball Z style fusion with a Buzzaround and then played in the MLB.
Achtane wrote:ILF: Instead of reducing the dimensions of the board, just fill it up with pedals until it looks right.

D.o.S. wrote:But it's Canadian. So it might be too polite.

D.o.S. wrote:Dude now you have distortion and sustain.

The dream.
wdinc01

experienced
experienced

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:40 pm

hmmm i will think about that!
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to smallsound/bigsound