Goodbye 24 Settings Thread!

Moderator: multi_s

Re: Goodbye 24 Settings Thread!

Postby goosekevin » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:16 pm

I'm so excited for mine to get here
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Postby goosekevin » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:48 am

holy shit, this pedal is amazing
really inspiring to play with
i can deal with the noise produced

my only problem is the sheer range of the speed knob, it makes it tricky to dial in specific harmonies unless that are full blast
im sure i can work around it though
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Postby backwardsvoyager » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:26 am

tomlane95 wrote:holy shit, this pedal is amazing
really inspiring to play with
i can deal with the noise produced

my only problem is the sheer range of the speed knob, it makes it tricky to dial in specific harmonies unless that are full blast
im sure i can work around it though

glad you like it :)

i found the same thing really, like the ranges of the knobs make it kinda hard to dial in an exact sound twice but it's because of that range that there's such a ridiculous amount of things it can do.
I only found the noise annoying when using it with vocals or putting it pre-dirt, sounds best with clean guitar/bass anyway IMO
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:14 am

that's interesting, i just tune it by ear i guess if im going for a specific shift. maybe something to add in the future, like some sort of quantization switch to make the speed knob step in some harmonic intervals instead of just enjoying total freedom.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Tristan » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:42 am

That'd be really awesome. :)
By the way, Scott, is it right that on the left side of the middle on the buffer playback knob all "harmonic delays" are reversed or is it only if you turn the knob completely counter clockwise?
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby multi_s » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:03 pm

ya you have it right. anything left of center is reversed. think of it more like a speed/direction control on the playback. at fully clockwise it is 2x speed int the forward direction (making an octave up shift), at fully counter clockwise it is 2x in the reverse direction (making again an octave up shift but the buffer is playing backwards). As you rotate the knob you can get the full range from 2x in reverse to 2x forward ie as you turn you will pass from 2x backwards ---> 1x backwards ---> .5 backwards ---> 0x (stopped/just hear some shitty artifacting) ---> .5 forwards ---> 1x forwards ---> 2x forwards.

if you are using an expression pedal, heel down corresponds to fully counter clockwise.

anyways, thanks for the feedback, enjoy, the response to this pedal was a lot greater than i expected so im doing yet another run now but i think after this batch i will put it this revision to rest and work on something new.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby kbit » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:06 am

phantasmagorovich wrote:

Speaking of which, here's another sound I found. Noisy ass recording, but my recording rig is half dead at the moment.

Buffer at 50% and full speed reverse playback. Nice organ sounds. This also has an EAD 4096 on infinite mode running into the GB24.

That is awesome.

stripes wrote:here's a loop i made on vine of the GB 24.. i don't remember the exact settings but i marked it on the pedal, so i'll post later
https://vine.co/v/hiAl1xMjQ5O?fb_action_ids=10153168774965315&fb_action_types=vine-app%3Apost&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

Oh god I miss my 2880 :cry:
Sweet sounds (& pants)
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MEC » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:50 pm

I just scored one of these and it's really fun! I put it in the effects loop of my amp and it's not noisy at all.
It does seem like the buffer takes a few seconds to catch up when the setting is changed

Anyone try it in a effects loop of a delay pedal?
It seems like that would be awesome but I don't have a delay like that. :(
http://youthministry.bandcamp.com/
http://remainstheband.bandcamp.com/
Achtane wrote:FUZZ ALL DAY MAN FUZZ IS GOD ALL OTHER EFFECTS ARE SHIT
Caesar wrote:Dude, can you get the fuck out of my b/s/t thread with your bullshit.
PumpkinPieces wrote: This isn't America, this is I Love Fuzz.
Mudfuzz wrote:Remember when we were all just a bunch of weirdos that liked fucked up shit and not just a bunch of nerds buying bling to impress each other online?
MEC

HERO
HERO

Postby Bellyheart » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:13 am

Anyone else stay up all night to get lucky?
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:22 pm

Bellyheart wrote:Anyone else stay up all night to get lucky?

If you're referencing trying to get one of the ten released last night...

I paypal'd Scott and I'm crossing my fingers that I did, in fact, get lucky.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby multi_s » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:52 pm

hi yes everyone should get something. I will email everyone back by the end of this eve with details.

thx.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Bellyheart » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:18 pm

Fantastic!
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby K2000 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:42 pm

I hope I squeezed in there in time!
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Thylacine Dream » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:58 pm

Got me a green and yellow and it's so so good. Another revision that'd be cool, besides the quantization (hell yes), would be to have the 8 delay times marked around the knob, or on a rotary switch or something. Would make remembering settings a lot easier, I'm probably even gonna try to find the spots in the sweep where mine changes and mark them.

Anyway, nice ring modish setting by turning time to minimum, playback to taste, mix to taste (I liked mine full CCW), and I forgot whether feedback was full CW or CCW, but you can figure it out. Jammed with a drummer that way last night since I'd broken the high E on the guitar and gotten it out of tune in my excitement, and because I don't really play guitar in the first place. Atonal bliss.
EJ
Bassed in Los Angeles
@punkcrushband @painbehavior @queeraspunk @puzzytuesday
Good deals: Tom Dalton, lawrence scaduto, Ryan, Dan DubblEwe, multi_s, MaxMaps, ianmarks, cantremember
Thylacine Dream

committed
committed

Postby Thylacine Dream » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:03 pm

OH and naturally, baby is nuts in a feedback loop. With mix full CCW, volume's totally okay, gets more punishing as you mix in more clean or mess with the playback knob. I didn't have a buffer or boost before, don't know how that might change things.
EJ
Bassed in Los Angeles
@punkcrushband @painbehavior @queeraspunk @puzzytuesday
Good deals: Tom Dalton, lawrence scaduto, Ryan, Dan DubblEwe, multi_s, MaxMaps, ianmarks, cantremember
Thylacine Dream

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to Montreal Assembly